P1: Chapter Seven

The Thirteenth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter Seven-

 

It was nighttime and Chanyeol had just finished eating his dinner. With a smile he stood up from his seat in the dining room for the warriors and put his tray on the counter in front of the kitchen. As he was exiting the room he bumped into a slightly shorter warrior that yawned as he looked up to meet Chanyeol’s eyes.

“Sorry Chanyeol, I just woke up,” the warrior said and rubbed his eyes.

Chanyeol laughed and walked around the sleeping warrior. “It’s alright Yixing-hyung.”

As he walked further and further down the hall the decorations got more elaborate. He was reaching the main part of the castle and coming out of the warriors’ part. It didn’t take him long before he was standing in front of a redwood door with intricate designs carved into it.

“It took you long enough,” a voice called out to him.

Chanyeol looked at the wall across from the door and found a fellow warrior standing up from where he had been sitting, his owl like eyes boring into Chanyeol’s own eyes. Chanyeol’s smile widened and he rubbed the back of his head. “Haha, sorry Kyungsoo, I was finishing dinner.”

Kyungsoo frowned and was about to say something to the laughing warrior when a soft voice interrupted him.

“Kyungsoo-sshi, it’s alright.”

The said warrior looked at the door for a moment and then sighed. He bowed his head towards the door and then turned to walk in the direction that Chanyeol had just came from, but not before sending a small glare towards the ever smiling warrior.

Once Kyungsoo’s footsteps disappeared down the hallway Chanyeol’s smile faded and he leaned his back against the door, sliding down until he was sitting on the floor. “You know,” he sighed and looked towards the ceiling. “It’s really hard, being happy all the time, especially when the training you go through is so tough and the mannerisms are drilled into you so much that it makes you just want to cry. Sometimes I feel as though none of the other warriors take me seriously, since I’m always smiling and laughing, but you know that it’s only my way to try and lighten things up. I know that’s probably not true, the other warriors are such good guys, but I can’t help but to feel that way every once in a while. Hell, sometimes I even think of resigning and leaving this place for good. Heh, stupid thought right? I mean, it’s not as easy just to get up and walk out, haha.”

There was silence as he stopped talking and just sat there looking at the ceiling. The silence lasted for only a few moments but to Chanyeol it felt like forever. The air was so stifling that he felt to need to say more. “Even Kyungsoo-“

“Chanyeol-sshi,” the light voice cut him off. Chanyeol turned his head to the door a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter