P1: Chapter Eighteen

The Thirteenth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Eighteen-

 

“What the hell was that huh?!” Chen shouted.

The three had met up at Chen’s little abandoned shack which looked dingy on the outside, and truly was dingy, but didn’t look so bad on the inside because of all the decorations that Chen had ‘acquired.’

Kami bit her lip, disappointed in herself at messing up the plan big time. “I didn’t mean to trip, I was a bit tipsy because of all the alcohol and it just sort of happened. I’ve got the ring at least right? Well, I actually have two,” she said and held out her hand revealing the rings. One was the dragon shaped one that had been embedded in the King’s crown and the other was shaped like a scorpion.

Chen waved his hand dismissively at Kami. “I don’t mean that, you have the ring so I don’t care how the plan went. Especially since I wasn’t seen, but you,” he then turned to Kai. “What was that disappearing act back there?! What magic was that?!”

Kai sheepishly rubbed his head. “You see, um I’m usually not the one explaining this since I’m still coming to terms with it and don’t know everything, but me and several others are the reincarnations of the Wolf Knights and we are gathering together and trying to find the reincarnation of the princess and then I don’t know what we will do because still no one has explained anything to me.”

“And these rings belong to the knights, the source of their powers. Although Kai doesn’t have his yet he can use his power of teleportation a bit if he visualizes his ring,” Kami added while nodding her head and pointing to the rings still in her hand.

Suddenly the rings were snatched from her hand and she looked up in surprise at Chen who had a frown on his face. “If you think I believe your little story so that you can keep both of the rings then think again. I’ve never heard of these Wolf Knights, nor rings with powers stored in them. There also hasn’t been a princess here in several decades so I’m calling bull on your story,” he said and backed away at the same time.

Kami opened and closed , unable to think of anything to say back to him. Of course he would think that. If anyone had told me a week or two ago that I’d be in the position that I am now I would’ve told them to off too.

“Are you not afraid of the SuJuan Army? From what I’ve heard from the others, everyone seems to be pretty afraid of them,” Kai said and took a step forward which did not go unnoticed by Chen who took another step back.

“What are you talking about, the SuJuan Army? There’s no such thing around here,” Chen replied, shaking his head. “You won’t fool me with your nonsense. You actually make the King sound reasonable when he talks about the Below.”

That was when Kami snapped out of her daze. “The Below!” she shouted out. Both Kai and Chen turned to her and looked at her like she had two heads. “Think about it. The Below would be the term used to describe the ground since we are up in the sky. Of course Chen would have no idea what we were talking about because the war between the SuJuans and the Exonians happened on the ground. There was no way for the people who lived in the clouds to be affected by the happenings on the ground.”

Chen shook his head again and threw his hands around in frustration. “But the Below doesn’t actually exist! It’s just a legend!”

“What if it wasn’t though?” Kami asked him.

Rolling his eyes Chen held up the scorpion ring. “Then I might believe your ridiculous story. But really, how is this ring going to produce any power? If I put this on then I should be able to use it right?” he said and slipped the ring onto his finger.

“I don’t think it works-“ Kai started but was cut off but the sudden giant spark of electricity that came from the ring on Chen’s hand.

“Ahh!” Chen shouted and moved his hand around widely, swinging the lightning to and from in every direction.

Kami ducked as it went right over her head. The lightning hit the wall but when Chen finally put his other hand on the ring and pulled it off the lightning disappeared and the wall was perfectly fine.

Everyone stared at the ring with wide eyes. Cautiously Chen tried slipping the ring back onto his finger, mumbling something to it about not doing that again, and when it was finally on his finger there was no more lightning.

“For just anyone,” Kai finished, still looking at the ring in amazement. He then shot his eyes up to meet Chen’s and pointed at him. “You’re Jongdae!”

“No. I’m Chen.”

“No, you’re Jongdae. Well, you used to be Jongdae. Now you’re Chen, but you have to be Jongdae’s reincarnation. I don’t think the ring would act like that otherwise!”

Kami nodded along excitedly.

Chen held up his hands in defense. “No, I can’t be. The Below doesn’t even exist.”

“Well you’ll just have to come with us so that Luhan can tell us whether you are Jongdae or not!” Kami and Kai both went over to Chen and grabbed each of his arms.

“Let’s go!” Kai announced.

Kami felt the familiar feeling of the beginnings of the teleportation, but then suddenly there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter