P1: Chapter Ten

The Thirteenth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Ten-

 

Even the darkness of the night could not cover the beauty of what was in front of her. The tree stood there, towering over everything and seeming like it could touch the two moons in the sky with its branches. It was different from any other tree she had seen before, and it always calmed her to gaze upon it.

But tonight was different.

She turned away from the tree just to have the wind whip her hair around her face. She pulled the hair away from her face to see a figure lying on the ground a few feet from where she stood. She took a step towards the figure.

. I know what’ll happen. Wake up god dammit! A voice sounded in her mind, but her body didn’t register it at all and took another step towards the figure. It was almost as if the voice wasn’t actually there.

“It’s your turn now,” a spine-chilling voice called out and she whipped her head up to see a man walking towards her.

ing wake up now!

Kami blinked her eyes open and sighed in relief. Good. I was able to wake myself up before the dream came to it’s end.

“Hey,” a voice called to her in a hushed whisper. Kami sat up to see Luhan looking at her. “Are you alright?” he asked her.

Kami nodded her head and looked around. She was in a cave that was only lit because of the light Baekhyun was emitting from his body even as he slept on the ground. She smirked as she saw him mumble something and then turn around in his sleep, ending up with him putting an arm around Sehun who was sleeping next to him. Sehun stiffened but then returned Baekhyun’s hug, almost causing Kami to break out in laughter. She looked over at Kai to see him sleeping on his stomach, and then at Chanyeol to see him fighting something off in his own dreams. Suho was a little ways off, facing the wall of the cave and Kami couldn’t tell if he was sleeping or not. The last one she looked at was Tao who was curled up into a tiny ball.

Her and the warriors were resting in the cave that they had found right outside the desert. It had only been midday when they came across it, but they had gone into it right away since they couldn’t continue into the desert because of the sandstorm. Luckily for them though, Sehun was able to use his power of wind and keep the storm from burying them in the cave even as they slept.

Light footsteps resonated in the cave as Luhan carefully walked over the sleeping warriors to sit down next to Kami. “You looked like you were having a nightmare,” he whispered to her.

She sighed lightly and looked at him. “I was. It’s one that I’ve been having for weeks now. Luckily I was able to wake myself up before the end this time.” She paused as she thought of something. “Actually, it seems as if every time I have this nightmare that something gets added onto the beginning of it.”

It was silent for a bit as Kami hugged her knees to her chest and rested her head on them.

There was the crinkling of clothing and soon Kami felt Luhan’s hands on either side of her face, forcing her to turn and face him. His eyes stared into her own. She felt herself getting lost in them, although she wasn’t sure if it was because of his eyes themselves or if it was because she had just woken up and was still tired. She almost didn’t hear him ask, “Is it alright for me to take a look?”

Kami bli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter