Heaven

My Life As A Fanboy [HIATUS]

”I had a good time, thanks nuna.” Chanyeol smiled tiredly as he was walking with her out from the building. It was already 3 in the morning but he won’t lie, he really had fun thanks to Taeyeon.

 

”No problem. We should hang with each other more often! After all we are in the same company.” Taeyeon smacked his arm playfully and giggled.

 

”You’re right.” He sighed heavily. ”I should go, it’s quite late.” He said as he looked at the other members talking with other artists.

 

”Yeah..I should too.” Taeyeon squeezed his arm gently and walked away to her girl friends.

 

Chanyeol walked back to his own group of friends hoping that they could leave right away since he missed his bed so much. He knew he would sleep right away.

 

However, what he didn’t know was that there was someone crying because of him.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

4 in the morning and Baekhyun was still up, he was still up because he kept on wondering how his life would be.

 

The thing is, he was stuck with the idea of being an artist himself. He knows himself that he is a good singer but is he good enough to actually be on stage? To be in front of thousands of fans?

 

Baekhyun sighed as he rolled around, blinking several times from the sting in his eyes. He really hates when he cries over a small thing; or better said, a thing he shouldn’t even cry for. His eyes does always turn red and dry making it hard to see.

 

”I should go to sleep.” He told himself and quickly put his phone away as if it was a virus type of thing.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

”I realized something.”

 

”What?”

 

”I actually thought that Baekhyun would feel better having Chanyeol in his life, you know meeting him more often in person..but. It’s vice versa. Kyungsoo..”

 

”What’s wrong? Why do you sound so worried?”

 

”I’m scared of Baekhyun.” He whispered.

 

”How come? Has something happened the other day I was gone?”

 

”Chanyeol came over, he wanted to talk with Baekhyun and as a good boy I am, I left them alone in my room. However when both of them walked out, Baekhyun’s eyes were swollen as if he had cried his eyeballs out! It broke my heart so much since I knew it was because of Chanyeol. Like who else would make him cry like that?”

 

Kyungsoo sighed heavily. ”So what you are saying…-”

 

”…that if Baekhyun cried that much making him look like a mess, how much will he cry the more he meets Chanyeol? Kyungsoo I’m scared because Baekhyun will eventually get depressed! He will just break down all the time. He has to also understand that Chanyeol can’t love him back the way he loves him.”

 

”I.. I don’t want to say that to him, I think he should realize that himself.”

 

”I know but- what if- what if it get’s overboard?”

 

”Luhan. No matter what happens we will do anything to protect our friend, if he falls down then we will pick him up that’s what friends are for.”

 

”Yeah. I guess.”

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

Chanyeol groaned when he felt his face getting smashed by a soft plushy or whatever it was. He supposed it was a pillow but it sure made him feel angry.

 

”Stop with that ing thing!” He cursed when he saw Sehun grinning with that pillow in his hands.

 

”What? You have to wake up stupid, we have practice.” Sehun threw the pillow onto his face again and ran for his dare life once he saw Chanyeol jumping out of his bed with a murder face.

 

”I’m sorry hyung!” Sehun pleaded and ran to Lay.

 

Chanyeol tsked once he saw his coward roommate hide. The reason why he didn’t attack Sehun was because he didn’t want to hurt their ”precious” Lay as the members like to call him. Lay was the type of person that liked to see the members interact with one another and be kind.

 

”You just wait once we are alone.” Chanyeol pointed his index finger with his dark eyes.

 

”Ooo~So now you wanna do some nasty things with me~” Sehun teased making Chanyeol’s face darker. ”Or should I say, with Baekhyun.” He wiggled his brows. And that was all it took for Chanyeol to attack Sehun accidentally tripping Lay.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

”Mom?”

 

”Yes?”

 

”I don’t feel well..”

 

His mother sighed loudly. "That's exactly why I didn't want to let you go."

 

”I just miss my room so much.” Baekhyun began to cry.

 

”Of course you do, Chanyeol is all over the place there. Now tell me what happened?”

 

”Remember that guy that slept over?”

 

”Yes.”

 

”Well I really like him, like I’m so in love with him! But…I don’t think it will ever work for us.” Baekhyun wiped his fresh tears.

 

”You stupid. I never raised you to be so negative! Think of good things and that it will work for you two, you have to at least fight for the one you love."

 

”It’s not simple!” He whined.

 

”It is if you try, it might not work right away but in the end you will realize how strong you have gotten. It takes time so bare with it.”

 

”I miss you even though you make me irritated all the time.”

 

Mrs.Byun half laughed at her son’s words.

 

”I miss you too my brat. Just behave and live your life.”

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

Chanyeol came home late at night from practicing for hours. Their comeback was so near that he and the other members feel even more pressure on them.

 

With damped hair and half-closed eyes he walks toward his room, it was dark making it hard to turn on the lights.

 

As soon as the lights came on he quickly got rid of his dirty clothes and threw himself on his bed. His phone began to make sounds for the battery was getting lower and so he searched through his nightstand- drawers for a charger. What he didn’t expect to find was the medium sized poster lying under his bed; carefully sticking out a bit.

 

He kept on looking at it but grabbed it in the end.

 

The first thing catching his eyes was the picture of a very happy Baekhyun he knows with the number on the back. The picture was still a bit crumbly from being in puddles. His rough fingers caressed his entire face, stopping at his lips then moving upwards to his half-moon eyes that shined so brightly.

 

Chanyeol knew he was gay since a long time ago but he still doesn’t feel comfortable for who he is around other people. The members knows about his uality especially Jongin and Sehun who he has a special bond with. There is times where Chanyeol envies them both especially Jongin. He has Kyungsoo as a boyfriend and they both have been together before Jongin even debuted. He hasn’t come out yet but it’s not like the fans are trying to suspect anything, no one even cares whether Jongin is gay or not.

 

So why is it hard for Chanyeol?

 

What is it that stops him?

 

It’s not even close to weird if being seen with the same guy, so why are his sister talking about him and Baekhyun as if it was wrong to be in another guy’s house? What if they actually were friends, because as far as he knows, he hangs around with his friends ( apart from the members ) and that’s not even a big deal.

 

Is it because he knows Baekhyun is like so madly in love with him that makes him scared? But no one will know right? No one has to know about them.

 

Maybe he can try and see how it goes.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

Baekhyun jumped from his ringtone, he wondered what time is since it already was dark outside. He had been sleeping for a few hours for feeling bored.

 

With slow movements he turns around and without looking he answers his phone.

 

”Yeah?” He says, almost as if he was still sleeping.

 

”Sorry, did I wake you up?” Baekhyun’s eyes opened widely as soon as he heard that voice. With a trembling heart he began biting on his thumb.

 

”N..no.” Baekhyun squeezed his eyes for being so weak. He was supposed to sound more stronger and not be that type of guy who stutter all the time. But somehow whenever it came to Chanyeol he would always turn into a shy teenage girl.

 

”I see. Well I was—”

 

The line went dead and Baekhyun wondered what the hell happened.

 

He was about to call him back but Chanyeol was apparently faster.

 

”Sorry I think my cheek pressed the end button.”

 

Baekhyun muffled his small laugh, that had happened to him too.

 

”It’s okay. So what did you wanted to say?”

 

”I was wondering if you wanted to come to my private studio?”

 

”W..what?!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

 

Chanyeol laughed on the other line which made Baekhyun’s heart almost explode.

 

”If you want of course—”

 

”Hell yeah I want! I mean…that sounds good.” He began biting the nearest pillow so hard for sounding so freaking desperate.

 

”Alright, I will pick you up around 11 p.m if that’s not too late?”

 

”No, I have slept enough to not feel sleepy.”

 

”Good, see you then.”

 

Baekhyun sat up and rested his back against the headboard. With shaky hands he placed the phone down beside him and closed his eyes.

 

He doesn’t understand.

 

Why does Chanyeol suddenly want to hang with him?

 

Did he hit his head and suddenly does everything vice versa?

 

But if Chanyeol is actually trying then Baekhyun won’t let his chance slip away.

 

It was already 10:14 p.m. so he didn’t have to stress.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

”How are you?” Chanyeol asked as soon as Baekhyun got inside the expensive looking car.

 

For a second the smaller boy was confused at the sudden random question but nonetheless he felt himself smile.

 

”I’m happy!” Because I’m with you. He wanted to say so badly but he knew that would only make Chanyeol feel uncomfortable.

 

”Great, then help me create a song.” Chanyeol suddenly said out of nowhere when he start driving. He was unaware of the shock face Baekhyun had.

 

What the hell is going on? Baekhyun mentally screamed in his head.

 

Is he dreaming or is this for real?

 

”Um, okay?” He sounded rather unsure because he was still a bit lost from all of this.

 

Chanyeol without saying anything more turned the radio on.

 

During the ride Baekhyun kept on looking out from the window, the street looked rather beautiful with all the lighting here and there. And although it was so dark inside the car that he almost couldn’t see his hands he still felt his heart beat like crazy. The feeling of having Chanyeol - the person he seriously are madly in love with makes him feel so giddy inside. He wants to forget the negative thoughts about them not working out as a pair, about Chanyeol not loving him back.

 

He should have kind of guessed that they could never be together since they are on different levels. But what can he do when he’s in love? He should have just stayed home, fanboy inside his room and not invade Chanyeol’s life.

 

But it’s too late, he already gave away a piece of his heart.

 

”We are here.” Chanyeol’s dark voice suddenly cut Baekhyun’s thoughts off.

 

The smaller looked at the beautiful house that stood in front of the car. He didn’t know what kind of house this was but he knew Chanyeol’s private studio was in there.

 

”This is where I live.” Chanyeol said as he opened the door and got out.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened. He was going to be inside Chanyeol’s house?!

 

Without realizing he was actually making Chanyeol wait, the passenger door went suddenly opened.

 

”It’s quite cold outside, so…”

 

Baekhyun slapped his cheeks in his mind for being so dumb. ”Thanks.” He shyly said once he got out.

 

As they both were walking towards the house Baekhyun took notice that he really looked small and tiny compared to Chanyeol. Their height was so obvious. Literally everything about Chanyeol was big as for Baekhyun he was completely small.

 

There was actually some days he had wondered if something went wrong with his mother’s pregnancy. Why was both his parents tall but not him?

 

”No need to be shy, make yourself home.”

 

Make yourself home

 

Those words kept on repeating in Baekhyun’s head.

 

”Earth to Baekhyun.” The smaller boy shook his head in a cute manner which caused Chanyeol to chuckle. However Baekhyun looked down and followed the taller like a puppy with his face red.

 

Through their walking to the studio Chanyeol was explaining what each room was and where things are and so on. Baekhyun could only admire everything. This is where his future husband has been living for apparently many years.

 

”And this is my studio, tadaa~” Chanyeol opened his arms and smiled widely at Baekhyun as if it was a present directly for the smaller.

 

”Woaah~” Baekhyun looked at the instruments and the mixers with interests.

 

”Yeah I know, it’s cool.” Chanyeol happily leapt towards the ”main chair” he liked to call but then he remembered Baekhyun was the guest and so he let him sit on it instead.

 

”Oh, I can sit on another chair that one is yours.” Baekhyun quickly stated when he saw what the other was doing.

 

”Who cares just sit on it, you are the special guest here.”

 

Saying no more Baekhyun made himself to the soft comfy looking office kind of chair and sat on it. He immediately fell in love with it, not only did it look fluffy and comfortable but it sure felt like you could actually sleep on it.

 

”Actually I didn’t want to create a song with you, I already have one prepared.”

 

Baekhyun raised a brow at that.

 

Seeing the look of the other Chanyeol was quick to continue his explanation.

 

”What I meant was that I want you to be part of my solo album.”

 

”WHAT?!” Baekhyun outburst as he flew up from the chair. ”W-What are you even saying?!”

 

Chanyeol only smiled and ignored Baekhyun’s outbursts.

 

”How the hell do you even know if I sing well?”

 

”Luhan send me tons of voice records of you singing.”

 

Mouth open, eyes wide and a heart racing faster.

 

He either felt like killing Luhan for doing such thing but then on the other hand he wants to thank him for letting Chanyeol listen to his voice.

 

Completely lost of breath he sits down again and tries to calm down.

 

”I talked to my boss and he was okay with me choosing whoever I wanted to be part of this album. I respect your decision if you don’t want to, but hearing you sing took my breath away.”

 

Baekhyun swear he almost fainted.

 

His singing took his breath away, holy !

 

Wait.

 

This means that he has an opportunity to be one of those superstars ( if the people likes his singing that will say ) and maybe have a bigger chance to have something with Chanyeol?

 

Baekhyun can’t help but squeal. ”Do you have a title for the song?” He asks.

 

”Yeah, it’s called Heaven.”


2.5k words