I thought I was going to die!

My Life As A Fanboy [HIATUS]

It was already 1 a.m. and Baekhyun was singing to one of Chanyeol’s famous singles. The morning had consisted with them eating breakfast and washing their faces.

 

But let’s not forget when they woke up.

 

Chanyeol was the first one to wake up since the sunlights had hit him right on his face. And as he felt the soft mattress beneath him he realized that he was still lying on the bed and Baekhyun was inches away from him. He got a bit surprised seeing them both lying together in the same bed, but deep inside he felt something warm in his chest.

 

Unfortunately Baekhyun was unlucky to witness the beautiful creature right beside him for Chanyeol was actually playing on his phone while sitting on the thin mattress on the floor. So Baekhyun thought that Chanyeol had been sleeping there all along.

 

Then they parted, saying a friendly goodbye as they promised each other to see one another again. 

 

Hopefully.

 

Baekhyun was happy enough that Chanyeol wanted to sleepover. That’s why he was now cleaning the apartment which he never does, nor did he do that at home. He was just a lazy bum all the time. But since he was in a good mood, Chanyeol’s songs were on high volume while he was singing his heart out with a big smile.

 

He was too oblivious to the figure watching him with a curious look.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

Chanyeol have decided.

 

He is going to call Taeyeon right now, asking what happened when he was gone leaving her and Baekyun alone. There is no way Baekhyun would just run away like that with tears in his eyes. 

 

”Chanyeol! Good morning.”

 

”Good morning noona. Are you busy right now?”

 

”No, I’m at home. Why?”

 

”I want to talk about something important. May I ask what happened when you and Baekhyun were alone?”

 

”Oh..” The line went silent and Chanyeol wondered if she had ended the call. But her steady breath could be heard later. ”The only thing I said was that the lyrics wasn’t great at all. I only said my opinion since i thought he might wanted to hear it. The last thing I never thought would happen was to see him run away.”

 

Chanyeol sighed hearing that. Maybe Baekhyun was a bit sensitive since he worked hard after all. But that doesn’t mean Taeyeon can spit that out from so easily.

 

”I understand but don’t say that again. Now that you know how he reacts. And beside, you know it’s not quite nice when you just blurt out your opinion..it depends on the situation.”

 

”You’re right and I’m sorry.”

 

”It’s not me who you should apologize but good that we can settle this to the side.”

 

”Yeah, it’s good.”

 

Chanyeol wondered if he should continue with their conversation or just end the call.

 

”I have to do other stuff.” He said.

 

”Okay! See you soon.”

 

”Bye.”

 

As soon as he ended the call with Taeyeon he went straight to his studio room where he had work to do.

 

Chanyeol wanted to read everything Baekhyun wrote and decide if he should let it be in the album or not.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

Kyungsoo had just got out from the elevator when he heard loud thumps coming from Luhan’s apartment. His eyes squinted a bit wondering what that noise was.

 

But his question was answered when he could hear Baekhyun’s singing voice inside. And so he quickly opened the door and stood there mouth-agape, watching how his best friend happily folded the clean clothes into pales.

 

”Hey.” He greeted softly to not scare Baekhyun.

 

The said boy turned around wearing a big smile. ”Hi Kyungsoo!”

 

”Wow, why are you so happy today?” Kyungsoo curiously asked.

 

”I just had the best night and morning.” Baekhyun giggled. ”Chanyeol slept over!” 

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t help but let his lips curl upwards showing off his heart shaped lips. Baekhyun wasn’t aware of that smile but the arms around his waist caught him off guard.

 

”I love you.” Kyungsoo said against his back.

 

Baekhyun was left speechless. It was such a long time since he felt the warm embrace of his best friend.

 

Either less he answers back. ”I love you too.”

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

”Good afternoon Chanyeol.”

 

”Hi hyung. I have decided now.”

 

”Okay what did you choose?”

 

”I really like Baekhyun’s lyrics but I don’t think it suits with the title Heaven so we will change that title and put another one. As for Heaven I thought that I can write my own lyrics to that song.”

 

”That sounds great. But make sure you hurry up. The producers would also like to listen to your ideas and self composed songs so they later can send it to Soo man.”

 

”I know, I will do my best.”

 

”Good, take care then.”

 

”You too hyung.”

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun was in the balcony sitting on soft pillows while talking about their life.

 

”How does it go with Chanyeol?”

 

”Oh it goes well! Yesterday Chanyeol took me to Cheonggyecheon and we ate ice-cream and chickens. We even took a picture together- ooh, it was amazing. I wished I could replay that moment.”

 

”Isn’t that the place you wanted to go with him?” Kyungsoo smiled.

 

”Yep! And I got so happy.”

 

”Before I forgot what were you doing when me and Luhan went out? You said you had something to do.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes brighten. He wasn’t sure if he had permission to tell Kyungsoo but he did it anyway.

 

”I’m going to anticipate in Chanyeol’s album. He told me to write a song, that’s what I did. I’m excited that I can’t stop thinking of it.”

 

”Really?! That’s so cool! Gosh you’re so lucky Baek, Chanyeol sure likes to spoil you.” Kyungsoo teased making Baekhyun blush.

 

There was so much more Baekhyun wanted to tell - especially when it came to Taeyeon. He wanted to tell Kyungsoo everything she said but at the same time, it was dangerous. Kyungsoo would tell Jongin and knowing how Jongin is he would tell the manager and everyone. Baekhyun didn’t want it to be that way so he kept that inside.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

After been staying in the balcony for around 1 hour they heard a loud bang coming from the hallway. They both jumped a bit and looked at each other for a second, whether they should go and see what the sound was or just stay there and hide in case it was someone who wanted to rob their things. However, since Kyungsoo is the most badass person he got up, crawled to the bed and grabbed his bat that was under it. His bat was completed with the nails.

 

”Psst, Baek. Come here.” He whispered to Baekhyun who was lying on the cold floor outside.

 

The boy crawled like a worm in desperate for having Kyungsoo beside him. They could clearly hear footsteps around the apartment.

 

As the footsteps neared the bed Kyungsoo stayed ready beating the person with his fresh new bat and a clinging Baekhyun with eyes closed tightly.

 

But the time stopped when they both heard loud sobs.

 

Without hesitations they got up and saw Luhan with red teary eyes. There was so much tears falling down his cheeks which made the two friends’ hearts ache.

 

”Luhan, what happened?” Baekhyun asked as he approached the taller, waisting no time by hugging him.

 

Kyungsoo dropped his bat onto the bed and hugged Luhan too.

 

”S-Sehun he..”

 

”Did he do something?”

 

”I can’t…oh my god—”

 

”Luhan! Calm down and breathe.” Kyungsoo said rather loudly, concern was clear on his face.

 

Luhan did as he said and started breathing in and out, both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun trying to wipe his tears away.

 

”Now tell us what happened, calmly.” 

 

With a shaky breath Luhan sat down and exhaled loudly. ”Sehun is coming out gay to the public for my sake.”

 

Both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo stopped with whatever they were doing, eyes wide open as they looked at Luhan.

 

They didn’t know how to react or how to respond to that.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

All the members of Exo was sitting in the living room where they use when they have serious talks. Usually it would be Suho to bring up things but this time it was Sehun who had called everyone out from their rooms.

 

”I have something to tell you.” He said as he looked at them with a worried expression. ”Before I start I know I might hurt you all but I can’t hide this feeling anymore. I want to show the real me to everyone.”

 

Jongdae was the first to speak after hearing that. ”You sound like you are leaving.” He joked making the rest to snicker.

 

Sehun stayed silent causing his friends to get serious again.

 

”You aren’t leaving right?” Suho asked a bit nervously. ”I mean if we did something then—”

 

”Hyung. I want to come out gay.” Sehun said with tears in his eyes.

 

Chanyeol who was sitting in front of him looked up with shocked eyes and a heart thumping so hard against his ribcage. He would have never thought that Sehun of all the people in Korea’s music industry to come out like this.

 

”Wait..are you gay? Since when?” Kris asked surprised. As far as he knew Sehun had always been paired with girls and never showed attractions towards guys. But maybe that’s why Sehun mentioned that he wants to show his true self.

 

”Since I was 16..I’m sorry I never told you I was just scared.” Sehun sniffed and wiped away his tears. The members’ eyes softened at the look of the maknae. One after one walked up to him and gave a big warm hug. Chanyeol who was still tensed from the news could not move. He was the only one sitting on the coach wondering why Sehun wants to come out now of all time.

 

Seeing Chanyeol the only one sitting on his seat, Suho motioned him to come and give Sehun a hug.

 

The taller nodded and walked with trembling legs to the still crying boy.

 

With something heavy in his stomach he circled his arms around Sehun’s neck his face moving closer to his ear. 

 

”Why?” Chanyeol whispered so only he and Sehun could hear it.

 

”Luhan.”

 

Chanyeol began to laugh and feel his own tears stream down. He doesn’t know why he felt like this but he was damn proud of his best friend for being so brave.  Of course he has this weird feeling in his stomach that Sehun will get so much hate but eventually the hot news will calm down one day.

 

”I’m so proud.” He said now more loudly so everyone could hear. The members smiled and clapped their hands, hugging the still crying Sehun so hard that he felt like exploding.

 

”Everything is going to be alright.” Suho Sehun’s hair and smiled tenderly at him.

1.8k words