No one can steal my future husband

My Life As A Fanboy [HIATUS]

”Mom! It has not even passed one month yet you made me get my here!” Baekhyun whined. He was really pissed off, when everything was finally going well his mother had to ruin it!

 

”Well you didn’t even call us. I don’t care if you went there for a vacation but goddamn Baekhyun, you are making us worried.”

 

”For how long do I have to be here?” Baekhyun who completely ignored how concerned his mother is asked the number one question that has been lingering in his head.

 

”For a long time young boy. You are not going anywhere until you find a job here in South Korea.”

 

”What’s so special here?! Why can’t I be in Japan! I’m a big boy now mom, let me go for once.”

 

”Stop whining Baekhyun that won’t do anything. You can go and find another job until you have found one here. We are not going to talk about this anymore. You know the rules. Find a job here, then move wherever you want.” That was all his mother said until she disappeared into her bedroom.

 

Baekhyun groaned and walked up to his own room. The favorite place in the house. The first thing he saw when he had closed his door was the big poster. Like a child he was crying his eyeballs out; feeling like his heart had been crushed. ”I love you so much Chanyeol! I am going back, you just wait okay honey?” Baekhyun wiped his tears away as he walked to his stereo to listen to Chanyeol’s most saddest songs ever.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

”Are you seriously saying you can’t come back until you have found a job in Korea?” Luhan asked all the way from Japan. He was still there with Kyungsoo of course since the boy had a job to handle and Kyungsoo was there for Jongin.

 

”Yes..” Baekhyun pouted to himself. He was really feeling down and hadn’t eaten properly today. The only thing that has kept him full was kissing the poster (pretending it was the real Chanyeol).

 

”Why can’t you just tell her you have a job already?”

 

”She won’t believe me and if she so knows what kind of job I work with, she will for sure get disappointed at me or even shocked.”

 

”Huh? It’s a job, isn’t that what she wanted you to have?”

 

”Yes of course but she expects me to have a you know, those jobs you earn a great salary.” Baekhyun explained - just then had Chanyeol showed up on TV, ( he was watching the news ). ”I gotta go.” He declined the class as he increased the volume.

 

”The famous Park Chanyeol is going to South Korea for meetings and possibly having a vacation over here. We are not sure when but according to his manager he will be here during this week.”

 

Baekhyun’s jaw fell down.

 

”CHANYEOL IS HERE TO GET ME!” Baekhyun threw his arms up in the air as he screamed from the top of his lungs.

 

”Byun Baekhyun! Shut your mouth please!” His mother shouted but he ignored her.

 

”Finally.” He began to pack his things in a big suitcase. ”I knew he liked me back! We are soulmates, we are destined to be together! Just me and Chanyeol.” Baekhyun squealed loudly into a teddybear.

 

”Chanyeol and Baekhyun sitting on a tree and k-i-s-”

 

His phone suddenly interrupted his excitement moment which made him grumpy again. ”Hello?” He answered without looking who was calling.

 

”Chanyeol is coming to Korea! You might even meet him again!” It was Kyungsoo who had called.

 

”I know I saw the news. He is here to pick me up.” Baekhyun said proudly. He was still packing the most important things to have incase Chanyeol would suddenly tell him he won’t ever come back here.

 

Kyungsoo had to fight to muffle his laugh. Baekhyun was just too cute to resist. ”Alright. Hope you won’t have to wait for too long, I have to go. Kai is calling.”

 

”Yeah yeah, bye!”

 

Baekhyun threw his phone on the bed and no turned his attention to a t-shirt he was about to fold.

 

”Now where was i? Oh! Chanyeol and Baekhyun sitting on a tree and K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” Baekhyun screamed in a pillow to not let his mother yell at him again.

 

He could feel his cheeks getting warmer and warmer and it just felt so nice.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun..

 

Those two names suited perfectly.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

Baekhyun was about to open the front door when his mother has showed up like a lightning.

 

”Where are you going? Perhaps finding a job?” She raised a brow.

 

”No mom. I have a life so I am going out to take some fresh air, thank you very much.” He answered and closed the door.

 

It’s Monday which is the reason why Baekhyun is now early in the morning standing in the airport like a dumb person. He had brought a lot of money just in case he would get hungry. This is all because of Chanyeol.

 

Now since the reporter had only told that Chanyeol might come around this week, no one knows when, what day, or what time. Therefore Baekhyun had decided to stay here - all day to wait for his future husband.

 

”Excuse me?”

 

Baekhyun looked at the person who talked. ”Yes?”

 

”Are you lost?” The stranger asked.

 

”No, I’m just waiting for someone.” Baekhyun assured and felt even more embarrassed - to know that he must have looked so lost.

 

The stranger smiled and nodded. ”Alright. Take care!”

 

Baekhyun watched the stranger running away as he sat down on a bench with a sigh. It has only been 20 minutes since he had arrived to the airport yet he’s tired and bored. He didn’t even brought anything except for money.

 

”I should have brought my earphones with me.” He grumpily said to himself and start looking at Chanyeol’s Instagram again.

 

”Not a single update.” Baekhyun felt so lonely as he looked around. ”Chanyeol~where are you?” He whined. Baekhyun hadn’t realized that people were gazing at him until he looked up from his phone. His face got red and he really felt like running away to hide. They must think I am a fool.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

It’s been 3 hours and Baekhyun is now starting to fall asleep, although it’s just 2 on the day. His phone is about to die from low battery, his money is almost gone and Baekhyun is losing patience.

Just what if Chanyeol isn’t supposed to come today?

 

1 hour later Baekhyun decided to look at the board with all the times the airplanes are arriving to Incheon. But as soon as his eyes landed on the times, he gaped.

 

”Mother ing—” He tried to calm himself from screaming or worse, throwing a tantrum in the airport.

 

Apparently, there was no airplane from Japan to Incheon today and Baekhyun had just spent his entire day ( almost ) waiting for nothing!

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

”Did you find a job?” Baekhyun’s mother asks as soon as he steps inside the house.

 

Baekhyun only ignores her and walks straight up to his room with slumped shoulders. ”I hate my life..” He was on the edge of crying. But as soon as he was met with Chanyeol’s faces all over his room his face changed immediately.

 

”I know!” He quickly jumped on his bed, took out his phone and opened his Instagram. Wait. What if Chanyeol doesn’t see his comments? There are literally thousands of fans spamming his account. Baekhyun pouted as he tucked himself under the duvet.

 

His eyes was locked on the phone until he remembered that he had Chanyeol’s phone number.

 

Baekhyun bit his thumb since he couldn’t contain to smile so widely. He felt so giddy inside and as if it was people shooting fireworks in his stomach.

 

”Should I call him?” He asks himself as he looks at the unknown number, he reminded himself to add it as Chanyeol’s number incase he forgets.

 

”Just do it Baekhyun. For your husband’s sake.” He nods and slides to the right.

 

There was several beeps and every one of them made Baekhyun’s heart thump even harder, like he could feel it all the way up to his ears.

 

But when the deep voice answered, he lost it.

 

”Hello?”

 

Baekhyun couldn’t open his mouth. He wanted to but he was so tongue-tied.

 

”Who’s this?”

 

He opened his mouth but nothing came out, he mentally shot himself for having the chance of his life.

 

”Baekhyun dinner is ready!” His mother barges inside his room. ”Oh you’re on the phone, hurry up then.” She closes it and he exhales deeply.

 

”Baekhyun? Is that you?”

 

Gulping hard he takes a deep breath before answering. ”Y-Yes..”

 

”Hey…are you okay?”

 

Baekhyun pursed his lips. ”Of course I’m okay..um..why are you asking?” He wanted to hang up, he wanted to throw his phone onto the wall because his hand was not only sweating like crazy but trembling. He couldn’t even talk properly, his brain wasn’t function correctly and the butterflies in his stomach was making everything worse. He missed Chanyeol so much, even though they were nothing but an idol and a fan, Baekhyun felt like they were something.

 

”You hung up on me last time, remember?”

 

Ohh..crap.

 

Baekhyun’s face reddened as he remembered the incident. How embarrassing!

 

”Yes, I do…I’m sorry.” Baekhyun mumbles as he tries to hide his blushing face even though no one is in his room.

 

”It’s okay. What’s up?”

 

”N-Nothing..I just..” Baekhyun bits his lower lip. He can do it. Just do it. ”I was wondering if..um.” He stammered and couldn’t say the sentence properly. But it was hard, knowing that a famous artist or better the love of his life is listening to you makes his head spin.

 

”No need to be shy, just ask whatever it’s on your mind.” Chanyeol assured.

 

”Okay..” Baekhyun sighed. ”I saw the news and I was..wondering if um, when you are coming to Korea..”

 

”Ahh, tomorrow. Why? Do you want to meet me again?”

 

Baekhyun stopped breathing, put his phone on the edge of his bed and screamed for his dear life in his pillow. He can’t freaking believe that Park Chanyeol asked him that! There must be something if he is telling Baekhyun when he’s arriving to Korea. Because Baekhyun is just a fan and yet Chanyeol is talking to him like he was a close person to him.

 

He came back to reality when he heard several hello’s.

 

Quickly he fiddled with his phone to place it back on is ear. ”Y-Yes?”

 

”What happened?”

 

”Nothing!” Baekhyun chuckles. ”What did you ask again?” He questioned. Baekhyun heard what Chanyeol asked but he wanted to just hear that question again.

 

”I asked if you wanted to meet me again.”

 

”Really?! Of course I want to!-I mean, yeah, sure.” Baekhyun shoots himself for the second time.

 

”Sounds great. Where can I find you?”

 

Where can I find you..

 

Holy ..

 

Baekhyun throws his phone away and runs out from his room to the first step on the stairs.

 

”MOM! You and dad are not allowed to be here tomorrow and on Thursday, okay?!” He shouts and his mother comes out from the kitchen with a raised brow.

 

”Don’t tell me you’ve found a girlfriend.”

 

”Mom I’m gay!” Baekhyun states.

 

”Sorry hun, forgot that. So are you bringing a guy here?” She grins.

 

Baekhyun stomps his feet on the ground, he was impatience at the moment for Chanyeol was waiting on the phone.

 

”Mom!” He whines.

 

”Okay okay~I’m telling your father then. Have fun with whatever you’re going to do.” She assures and walks back to the kitchen.

 

Baekhyun beams and runs back to his room to look at his phone incase Chanyeol had declined the call but he was still there.

 

”So I assume I’m coming over to your house?”

 

Baekhyun dropped his phone on the floor.

 

Chanyeol heard the conversation?


1.9k words