My Heart Needs To Accept It

My Life As A Fanboy [HIATUS]

Ever since that evening when Sehun came out he had been hiding in his room the whole day making the other members worried. Why he was there was because he somehow felt a bit ashamed for who he is and that he never came out earlier. He knew he shouldn’t feel this way since Jongin and Chanyeol will be on his side and understand him more. And by just imagine how the situation will be once he comes out to the public his stomach starts twisting around painfully.

 

The door knocked gently and he looked up from his bed with tired eyes. He asked himself whether he should just open since they had been knocking on his door all day.

 

”Who is it?” He asked.

 

But getting no response he groans to himself and walks up to the door and unlocks it.

 

In front of him stands no other than Jongin and Chanyeol with a tiny smile.

 

”What?”

 

”We want to talk to you. Or better said, Jongin wants to.” Chanyeol says and is already invading Sehun’s room.

 

The door is locked again and the three is sitting on the bed in a circle.


”What is it then?”

 

Jongin clears his throat and looks back and forth at his friends. He hasn’t told Chanyeol yet making this harder since he knows how Chanyeol is going to react.

 

”Okay so I don’t want you two to tell this to the other members. This is between us, get it?”

 

The two nods.

 

”So…first of all, I am gay obviously. Anyway, I want to come out too, as soon as possible.”

 

”WHAT? You too?!? Are you crazy Jongin?” Chanyeol exclaims and looks with a shocked expression.

 

”For real though?” Sehun asks calmly.

 

”Yeah, I haven’t talked to Kyungsoo yet but I feel like I can’t hide myself anymore. Beside you made me get more courage and feel confident about who I am.”

 

”Exo is over, I’m telling you.” Chanyeol groans and rubs his face.

 

Sehun looks up at Jongin for awhile and then hums. ”So should we come out together? That way we can suffer together.” Sehun jokes and only Jongin laughs while Chanyeol can’t believe his ears.

 

”You two are insane!” 

 

”No.” The two laughs.

 

”This is not good. I mean I support you two but…what about the group?” Chanyeol asked in concern.

 

”Everything is going to be alright and if it doesn’t, I suppose I have to leave the group..like I really love Exo but I can’t act being someone else Chanyeol. Please understand me.” Jongin pleaded with his eyes making Chanyeol look away.

 

”Okay. I understand.” He finally says.

 

He did not however expect the two to jump on him, hugging him like two crazy monkeys.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

”I thought you two weren’t a thing?” Baekhyun asked.

 

The three best friends was in a cute cozy café where they were talking about Luhan’s situation with Sehun.

 

”That’s what I thought too but I have been hanging with Sehun a lot lately and he has been doing things that made my hurt flutter. I confessed to him some days ago saying I really liked him and…” Luhan takes a deep breath before continue. ”He said he liked me from the start!” 

 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo both looked at each other before adverting their eyes at Luhan. They couldn’t hold back their laughs. 

 

”What are you laughing about? This is serious guys!” Luhan whined.

 

”It’s just, remember what you said to me Luhan? That me and Chanyeol will not go well together and that you and Sehun are just a hi, kiss, bye thing.” Baekhyun wiggled his brows.

 

Luhan groaned. ”Fine! But I do really love Sehun though…”

 

”If Sehun is really coming out to the public then he’s really a prince-charming for doing such thing for you.” Kyungsoo says with a smile.

 

”That’s true! You can’t lose him.” Baekhyun nods.

 

”I guess…I should talk to him later.”

 

”That’s our Luhan!”

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

Jongin and Sehun had called their boss to have a serious meeting about this situation. At first it had been a bit of a problem since it was hard to convince their own boss about this. Of course their Soo Man was very open with his artists being whoever they are - it's just the fact that the public might turn their backs to them making his company lose stacks and the number one spot of the three biggest agency in Korea. Soo Man has been thinking about revealing Jongin and Sehun's uality but kept on pushing it back for he thought it wasn't the right time. So hearing and seeing the two boys sitting in front of him telling how badly they want to come out and how they are ready took him by surprise. Of course he rejected that favor right away since it would affect their comeback but seeing their faces and how much they wanted it he only promised them that he will think of it but that his answer is leaning towards the; probably not ( depends on how everything looks like ). Jongin and Sehun was more than grateful, all they have to do was working harder and not worry about anything for now.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

It was 7:00 p.m. and Sehun and Jongin was home by now. Between the two, Sehun was the most nervous one thinking how he should face Luhan. He kept on asking himself if he should talk to him on the phone or face him but then again, talking on the phone - how is that even gonna help?

 

Sehun sighed and got up from his bed. He has decided that he should get out from the house, drive to Luhan’s apartment and talk to him. But of course, he might as well make a call in case he isn’t home.

 

So with every beep that was heard he was biting on his nails.

 

”Hello?”

 

Sehun’s breath hitched from the sudden voice.

 

”Hello? Sehun? Is it you?”

 

”Yeah…” He finally breathed out.

 

”Hey…why are you calling?”

 

It was clear that Luhan had been crying, the raspy voice and how snotty his nose was.

 

”I need to talk to you.”

 

”Now?”

 

”Yeah- I mean no, not now, in your apartment.”

 

”I suppose we can…”

 

”See you then I guess?”


”Yes..”

 

Sehun didn’t want to end the call but eventually he declined. He walked out from his room and on his way to the hallway he was met with Chanyeol eating strawberries.

 

”Where are you going?” 

 

”Out.”

 

”Where out? Are you going to meet Luhan?”

 

Sehun stopped and looked with a blank face. ”Yes? Why?”

 

”I’m coming with you.”

 

Before asking why he wanted to follow his straight mouth was replaced by a grin. ”You want to meet Baekhyun right?”

 

What Sehun never noticed was that Chanyeol was somehow blushing a bit. 

 

”No?” Chanyeol huffed and walked to the front door.

 

”Yeah keep lying! You probably wants to be with Baekhyun since me and Jongin already got the two of the three.” Sehun teased as they both walked to the car.

 

”That’s not the case!” Chanyeol furrowed his brows, showing he was irritated.

 

”Then why do you want to follow me then? If you don’t want to meet Baekhyun.” Sehun wiggled his brows when Chanyeol wasn’t answering. ”That’s what I thought.”

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

”HE’S COMING!” Luhan suddenly exclaims while fanning himself with a magazine. He runs around the apartment cleaning it as he’s breathing heavily.

 

Kyungsoo comes out from the bathroom looking unimpressed as always. ”Is Jongin coming?”

 

”NO JUST SEHUN!”

 

”Then I will continue with my business in the shower.” He said and disappeared in the room again.

 

Baekhyun grimaced at the thought of what Kyungsoo is doing but nevertheless he smiled widely at Luhan.

 

”Your prince charming is coming~”

 

”Baekhyun this is not the time to act like a princess.”

 

”Princess?!”

 

”Okay prince then—”

 

”I’M NOT A PRINCESS! YOU PIECE OF SHI—”

 

Before Baekhyun could throw a tantrum the door bell rang startling the two boys.

 

”Oh god he’s here.” Luhan whispered to Baekhyun who suddenly got nervous for nothing.

 

”Then open the door god damn it.” He pushed Luhan towards the front door with excitement standing behind.

 

Expecting to hear Sehun’s voice he heard another one’s. A much deeper, making his heart jump into different directions.

 

”Hi.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widen as he hid behind Luhan with trembling hands.

 

”Hey…what are you doing here? Where is Seh—oh there you are.” Luhan pushed Chanyeol inside and went immediately to Sehun who was not looking good at all.

 

Just from the slight push was enough to make Chanyeol stumble towards Baekhyun.

 

But before the smaller could hit the floor Chanyeol was fast enough to grab him.

 

”Hi there.” The deep voice soothed in his ears.

 

Baekhyun blinked a few times before answering. ”Hi.”

 

No words were spoken beside the small talks Sehun and Luhan had outside with the door still being wide open.

 

A deep red color was creeping up to Baekhyun’s face as Chanyeol kept locking their eyes together for what felt like an eternity.

 

”I..” Was all he could say before Chanyeol was dragging him out, slightly pushing the other two to the side.

 

”Where are you going?” Luhan shouted.

 

All Baekhyun could do was shrug with a confused look.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

”Kyungsoo is in the bathroom just so you know.” Luhan said as he walked to the living room with Sehun.

 

The other’s face was so pale and the eye bags was not helping the situation at all.

 

The first thing Luhan did once they had sat down was grabbing Sehun’s hands and rub them together with his.

 

”You can talk to me, I’m listening.” He assured.

 

”I’m scared that I hurt you.” Sehun mumbled. 

 

”Hurt me? You are the one sacrificing this for me Sehun. Do you know how much this means for me?” Luhan was on the edge of crying as he watch the way Sehun’s expression changed. For he was also about to cry.

 

”This means a lot to me too because I like you, so so much.” Sehun suddenly cupped Luhan’s face staring right into his eyes with so much love. ”I don’t want you to see me as an idol when you and I are together. I want us to be a couple; two people who love each other, nothing else.”

 

”Really?” Luhan softly asked.

 

”Yes. Soo Man is going to officially do a statement regarding this. It’s just scary how much hate me and Jongin will receive once the news has come out.”

 

Luhan furrowed his brows confused. ”What?”

 

As if that question wasn’t enough Kyungsoo had exclaimed from the bottom of his lungs.

 

”What the actually ?!” 

 

Sehun sheepishly smiled at them both. ”Ops..I forgot that was a secret.”

 

Kyungsoo cracked his knuckles hard as he walked back to his room.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

Through the whole ”journey” Baekhyun would say, he was completely lost where they both were going. It’s like he was the puppy and Chanyeol was the owner dragging him to somewhere he had never been.

 

It seems like Chanyeol was still going to be in this apartment for they were going upwards in the elevator without any words being shared but the sound once the elevator stops at each floor.

 

Baekhyun could only stand in the corner looking down at his now interesting fingers. He didn’t want to look at the man of his dreams by seeming like a weirdo or something. Even though there is nothing wrong with staring since they basically just made up about this whole ”love thing”.

 

It wasn’t until the elevator suddenly stopped and the door opened making him flinch a bit. Before he could ask why they were at the last stop Chanyeol had already grabbed his hand to drag him somewhere.

 

Fortunately his questions was finally answered once Chanyeol had opened a very old door and the amazing breeze hit his face in a second. Walking out made him realize that they were on the rooftop with the sun being right in front of them.

 

”How..did you even know this place?” Baekhyun asked as he looked around his surrounding.

 

Chanyeol chuckled and stuffed his hands in his well known supreme hoodie Baekhyun has seen on photos from the airport. 

 

”I just looked up and wondered if there was a rooftop you could stand on and I guess luck was on my side because I literally just walked somewhere.”

 

Baekhyun nodded and sat down feeling a bit tired out of sudden. Chanyeol did the same and sat right next to him leaving no space.

 

He doesn’t know where he got this courage from but suddenly Baekhyun was in the mood to .

 

”If you want you can sit on my lap.” He wiggled his brows as Chanyeol almost choke on his own saliva.

 

”W-what?!” 

 

”I was just joking-or was I? No, but you can..ugh forget it.” Baekhyun face palmed himself for being too weak for Chanyeol’s face being too close to his. It didn’t really go well.

 

The silence was there again, one with a steady heart but with tons of confused question and the other with a crazy beating heart that never seemed to calm itself whenever it was met with the other half.

 

”Did you know about this whole situation between Sehun and Luhan?” Baekhyun finally breaks the silence.

 

”I did. He came out to us all in our dorm. I was so freaking surprised and still can’t get over it.” Chanyeol chuckled as he thought back to that evening.

 

”That’s so brave of him.”

 

”Yeah…it feels like I’m dreaming though. The fact that he is coming out is crazy.”

 

”Then the next thing that is left is marriage but unfortunately it’s not seen as normal here in Korea.” Baekhyun slumped his shoulders down. Now that he thinks of it, he sure can understand why Dongjin moved to America together with Yoosang. He would do the same if he was attacked by people all the time for just being him.

 

Chanyeol noticed how Baekhyun’s expression changed, how his eyebrows was wrinkled as if he was thinking of something.

 

”What are you thinking of that makes you look so worried?”

 

”It’s…” Baekhyun sighed. ”I’m a bit irritated of this whole thing about gay people cannot be together. I’m pissed when I think how people that consider being ’ normal ’ look down onto people for who they are. It’s not a choice it’s something you are born with.”

 

”Don’t mind those people.”

 

”But what if a gay couple wants to get married and adopt children?! Do they have to travel all the way to another country!?” Baekhyun exclaimed causing it to echo in the area.

 

Chanyeol smiled and nudged playfully against the other’s ribs. ”Do you want that?”

 

Baekhyun looked at him confusedly. ”Hm? Want what?”

 

”The things you said. Married, kids, those things.”

 

Baekhyun thought for a minute when a smile made itself on his lips. ”Hell yeah! That would be wonderful. I keep on dreaming about it and I am going to achieve it!”

 

”Wouldn’t that husband be me?”

 

Suddenly his heart dropped and he had to look away so Chanyeol couldn’t see the pain that was screaming on his face.

 

”I have already accepted this so please don’t bring it up, I don’t want any more heart ache.” Baekhyun mumbled.

 

Beside…I don’t even know if you really are gay or not.

 

”Sorry..”

 

Yeah sure.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

”DON’T YOU TRUST ME?!” Kyungsoo exclaimed in his phone after hearing what slipped out from Sehun’s mouth. 

 

”I’m sorry babe…I just felt like doing it with Sehun..But you are ready too right?”

 

”Ready? I’m more than ready, I’m ready for marriage and all that . Once you come out we can go out and have even more fun..but yeah, I just thought you would tell me earlier because what Sehun said made me almost faint.”

 

Jongin laughed making Kyungsoo’s heart swell. ”I miss you.”

 

”You saw me two days ago.”

 

”And that’s too much! Can’t we just live together?”

 

”Hell no!”

 

”Okay…” Jongin sulked feeling sad that his boyfriend didn’t want the same as he.

 

”I’m just joking, haha. Of course I want to live with you! Let’s find an apartment and make some babies.” Kyungsoo joked.

 

”I don’t care about the people here, we are going to build a family and I guarantee that we will and you will also have a beautiful ring on your finger.”

 

”You’re so sweet, I’m glad I have you.”

 

”I know babe, but right now I have to work.”

 

”I heard you are going to pair with a girl fans have been shipping you with.”

 

”Yeah but it’s nothing between us though and I have obviously never interacted with her so no worries babe!”

 

”I never implied that you were—ugh, never mind just go and do your work. Love you!”

 

”LOVE YOU TOO! SO SO MUCH—”

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes with a big smile on his face. He couldn’t handle the cute voice Jongin was using so he had declined in a second.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

It was the time when the sunset was shown; with a tint of warm orange and red color mixed with yellow. The sight was beautiful and if, just if they were more than this than this night would have been even more beautiful. But to be honest, apart from the sunset - him sitting beside his first love feels nothing but sorrow. He told himself that they can be like this that he can accept that being just friends with Chanyeol is something at least. But it’s hard when all he wants is to just rest his head onto his broad shoulder, having his strong arm around him and just sitting there with nothing to worry about.

 

Chanyeol are going to admit it, he does feel kind of awkward at some moments with Baekhyun for he knows the smaller is in love with him and he’s basically sitting with a fan. About his own feelings he’s so confused. He knows there is nothing near love he has towards Baekhyun but he sure doesn’t want to lose him, there is something with him that makes it so special; their friendship and everything else. Baekhyun being small makes him want to protect him but wouldn’t that be a bit weird? Or maybe that’s just him. What if Baekhyun takes it in another way? That’s why Chanyeol tries to not step over the line and stay as it is, just maybe there is a day when Baekhyun’s love has cooled down.

3K words