The unexpected happened

My Life As A Fanboy [HIATUS]

Baekhyun opened his eyes due to the sunlight hitting his face, he groaned when he every position didn’t work because it seemed that the sunlight was lightening the whole room. In the end, he got up but as he was about to take a step he completely fell down on his knees. With a loud scream, he catches himself, feeling sore all over his body. Chanyeol who was slowly waking up got startled when he heard the scream. He panicked when he didn’t see Baekhyun anywhere but when he looked down he spotted the other calmly standing up.

”What happened?” Chanyeol asked with eyes half-lidded due to the sun.


”My legs just gave up but I’m fine.” Baekhyun stood up in all his glory and walked to the bathroom. Chanyeol almost drooled when he saw the sight, he made a loud whistle causing Baekhyun to turn around.

 

”Shut up!” The other glared but anyone could clearly see the red tint on his cheeks. The door was closed and Chanyeol had let out a loud laugh.

 

”Still shy.” He chuckled as he got up too. He decided to make some breakfast while Baekhyun can take his time.

 

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

After their first love night together Chanyeol wanted Baekhyun to stay over another night just because he felt clingy and wanted to snuggle with him in bed. So they were heading to Baekhyun’s apartment to bring some stuff he could need. Chanyeol got a phone call when he was making breakfast it was his manager, saying he had to come to work for some discussion. So as soon as they arrive back to his house he has to leave right away.

 

”When will you come back?” Baekhyun asks as he gets out from the car with his backpack and a bag in his hand.

 

”I don’t know but I’ll text you. Don’t open to anyone, okay?”

 

Baekhyun nods and smiles. ”Do a good job!” He gives a thumbs up and then closes the door, walking to the front door and disappears. Chanyeol starts to drive away when he no longer sees his boyfriend. Feeling content he drives to work and tells himself to do a good job.

 

As he arrives at the Sm building he meets his manager talking to someone who looks familiar. He furrows his brows and walks toward them. ”I’m here.” He says and the person looks up and this time he sees it’s Taeyeon. She smiles and greets him and of course, he has to show his most polite side so he does the same.

 

”We have to discuss a thing the team has decided.” The manager explains. The team that is referred is a team that has a meeting with the CEO and then later tells the plans for the idols, simple as that.

 

Chanyeol nodded feeling very curious since every new meeting is a surprise. ”Let’s go.” The manager says and the two follow but Chanyeol does not expect Taeyeon to follow them. He looks at her and wrinkles his brows. ”Why are you coming?”

 

Taeyeon smiles and tucks a stray chunk of hair behind her ear. ”We are doing something together.”

 

”Did you say something?” He whispered.

 

”Of course not. I guess they also see something you don’t see.” She winked and walked ahead of him to the manager. Chanyeol took a deep breath to calm himself down. If Baekhyun would have never entered his life then the hate he has for Taeyeon would never be there. But knowing what she has done to him makes him have little respect for her, the rest is because she’s a senior, that’s it.

 

Usual a meeting would be held in a normal room but this time they entered a studio and Chanyeol knew right away what this meant. He let out a small sigh and let his bag fall on the sofa that was in the room. He loved to make music but working with someone you don’t like is making his work so much horrible.

 

”You probably know why we are here. Today’s work is to get the song done for Sm station. The album is about to be done by next week and you two are the last to record a single.” The manager gave them a paper with the lyrics they are going to sing. ”The main producer will be here to wrap the rest of the song up.”

 

Chanyeol was close to letting out a groan of irritation when Taeyeon out of all the spaces she had sat next to him on the sofa. It was just the two of them when the manager told them he will meet the producer for the person couldn’t find the direction.

 

”I think it will be the best from the album. Don’t you think so?” She asked as she looked at the paper.

 

”I haven’t even heard the song.”

 

Taeyeon laughed. ”It doesn’t matter how it sounds like. My fans, your fans they are going to love it either way. Am I right?”

 

”Nope.” He answered simply and tried read the paper but his concentrations were just ruined by Taeyeon.

 

”Moody like always, where is the happy virus everyone talks about?” She joked and nudged him on the arm. 

 

Chanyeol was about to tell her off but the door opened and in came some guys.

 

As they began the mission to complete the song, Chanyeol was the first one to walk into the recording room and sing his first verse. It didn’t take long before he got his verses right. Even Taeyeon had made it done pretty quickly making the process to finish the song faster. 

 

2 hours later from listening to the song, recording and discuss if there is anything to add or remove they finished everything. The song would be released next week before the album is out. To be honest, Chanyeol does think it’s a great song and their voices match very well but it was definitely not the best one.

 

Having his outwear on and his backpack, he was more than ready to leave but when the manager was standing in front of them with other papers in his hands he felt like running away. There was, even more, work and he doesn’t even know if there is a chance he can make it. Unless it’s another song to be recorded then he’s more than happy to record it.

 

”We can sit down because this will take a while.”

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

Baekhyun is sitting on the giant sofa with some pillows all over him as he cuddles in blankets. Netflix is on with the fake fireplace on just because he loves it so much. His mobile is placed on the table beside him and something tells him he should call his mother. Which he does.

 

Hi, mom.” Baekhyun greets.

 

”Hi sweetie, everything okay?”

 

Yeah, it’s been going great. I’m alone right now.”

 

”Is Chanyeol at work?”

 

”Yup, I’m lying on the sofa and decided to talk to you.”

 

”I’m glad you haven’t forgotten my words.” She laughs.

 

”Don’t worry I haven’t.”

 

The line was silent and none of them knew what to say, but his mother was still happy to have her son call her. It’s okay to not have a long conversation but at least he called her and that’s what’s important for her.

 

”You don’t have anything more to say?”

 

Sorry, I’m a bit unsocial,Baekhyun says sheepishly. 

 

”Alright, well your father is doing good, mrs.kim too and I hope you and Chanyeol are doing great?”

 

”Very great.”  Baekhyun grins to himself when he remembers last night. 

 

”That’s what I wanted to hear. Well…take care then sweetie, say hi to Chanyeol!”

 

”Will do, tell dad I love him.”

 

By the time Baekhyun and his mother had finished the call he decided to watch some movies on Netflix to at least do something ’cause he was pretty bored and he doesn’t even know when Chanyeol will come home. He hasn’t texted him yet.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

Furious and angry. Chanyeol was almost fuming as he drove home. His manager had apparently talked with his CEO and the team to start a show where he and Taeyeon will go out and do stuff together. Or even worse, be over at each other’s houses. Like what kind of show is that? And why would the fans even like it? What’s the purpose of this? So many questions will be unanswered, questions he can’t ask his manager because it will seem as disrespectful and besides it’s his manager that orders him.

 

What will Baekhyun think of this? 

 

He drives up to his house, taking his bag and gets out and hurries to the front door. He completely forgot to text Baekhyun because his thoughts were somewhere else so he hopes he doesn’t think it’s a thief entering the house now.

 

But when he walks around to find Baekhyun he sees a person lying on the sofa with the TV on. The lights being completely dimmed and the whole living room looks very peaceful and comfortable. Walking over to the sofa he sees Baekhyun with eyes closed, definitely sleeping deeply. He takes a look around the room and is about to turn the TV off when he spots a book and a pen.

 

He furrowed his brows, wondering if this is his book because he has seen something familiar. He shrugged and looked inside, his eyes scanning the words and as he turns the pages the smile on his face just gets wider. Knowing what this is about he close the book and gets on his knees in front of Baekhyun, placing a soft kiss on his cheek. The other wakes up from a touch and as he opens his eyes he sees Chanyeol smiling fondly at him.

 

”When did you come?” Baekhyun asks in a raspy voice, still half awake.

 

”Just now. Where you bored?”

 

”Kind of. I think I watched all the movies on Netflix.” Baekhyun joked making Chanyeol laugh.

 

”Alright let’s go to bed, it’s already late.”

 

When they had washed and prepared for bed they both heads to the bedroom and quickly jumps under the cover. After staying away from each other for a whole day Baekhyun gets showered with kisses and hugs. ”I’ve missed you so much,” Chanyeol mumbled after he kissed Baekhyun one more time.

 

”Same, the only one I talked to was my mom.”


”Really? How is she?”

 

”She’s doing great and she hopes you are doing okay.”

 

”I am, kind of…” Chanyeol sighs as soon as he thinks of his work.

 

Baekhyun noticed the change in his voice and knew something was wrong. 

 

”What is it?”

 

”I’m sorry Baekhyun but I got ordered to work with Taeyeon on a project. I know you don’t have a great relationship with her but I—”

 

Baekhyun hushed him with a kiss and then laughed. ”Chanyeol I’m glad you worry about me but my personal life should not interfere with your work. I’m okay that you work with her because it has nothing to do with me. Just work as you always do and that will make me happy.”

 

Chanyeol felt like a weight disappear in an instant as he heard the words. He couldn’t be more pleased to know Baekhyun relies on him. 

 

”You’re the best.”

 

The couple ends up cuddling the rest of the night showing lots of love to each other as the moonlight watch them from distant.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

Baekhyun yawned when a very loud sound came from somewhere. Even Chanyeol woke up looking around the room. ”What’s happening?” Baekhyun asked confused.

 

Chanyeol looked at his nightstand and groaned when seeing it’s his manager’s number. ”Work~” He whined and Baekhyun his hair.

 

It was 4 in the morning when his manager had called to tell him it was time for work and a meeting for the show. Baekhyun had said goodbye to him before going back to sleep and Chanyeol with heavy eyes drove to the Sm building without any complain because he this was indeed his work, it’s sometimes annoying to get up so early but the paycheck he gets from being a member of Exo and working with individual projects is very high.

 

Luckily nothing special happened during the meeting, it was just some plans for the first episode and what they are going to do so work was done pretty fast. However, his plans to go home changed for Suho called for a meeting in the dorm saying it was something serious to talk about and that he wants everyone in the group to be there right now. So he texted Baekhyun saying he will be back at dinner time and he drove off.

 

 

Chanyeol was the last one to sit down on the couch. He was feeling extremely nervous when he saw the expression Suho was wearing, even the others looked unsure. Where they also nervous or do they already know the thing Suho wanted to talk about?

 

”None of you know what’s going on right now and probably wonders why I’m having the long face.” Suho stood up and sighed, everyone looked up at him and watch him go toward Tao and Kris. He stood behind them and gently squeezed their arms. ”Tao and Kris will no longer be part of our group.” He said with a voice that sounded strained, almost as if he wanted to cry but held it in to stay strong.

 

The rest of the group stayed quiet and looked at the two mentioned guys with confused, sad and surprised looks. Tao and Kris looked back at each one of them with sad looks.

 

Tao spoke first. ”I’ve been part of Exo for 5 years and it’s been 5 amazing years. But now that I’ve grown up to someone more mature I have other goals in life that I want to achieve. I hope you understand me. I love Exo and you so much. You’re like my brothers who I have grown up with since the trainer days but this is something I have been thinking of for a long time.”

 

Sensing that everyone is taking in what Tao just said Kris decided to speak right away. Explaining his reason for leaving. ”Mine is kind of the same, we have done a lot of wonderful memories, the goals we wanted to achieve is done and even though we struggled a lot we still fought and are now one of the best groups out there. My reason for my leaving is to enter the American music industry, I want to do my own work, be in my own freedom and meet people I haven’t had the opportunity to meet. I know you understand the struggle it is being a Chinese too…I have to be a whole new person for people to accept me and I just want to be myself.”

 

When Tao and Kris were done the members went to hug them, they were, of course, devastated to hear the shocking news but accepted their decisions. After all, Kris was coming to an age where he should explore new things and if that’s what he wants then there is no need to stop him. Tao is one of the youngest in the group and of course, the kid has to test new things and see what makes him happy. 

 

The only problem they will face is, filling a lawsuit unless ending the contract in another way will function. Talking about the contract with the CEO is a very sensitive topic especially now when it’s a woman who is extremely strict with this stuff.

 

After the meeting with the other members Chanyeol drove away and as he got to his house he stayed inside the car and let out the tears he held. His friendship with Kris and Tao are so strong and knowing they are leaving makes his heart break into pieces. What if the others have thought about the same thing? What if they want to disband? It just feels so soon. Chanyeol wiped his tears and relaxed on his seat thinking about the first year as an Exo member. He exhaled loudly. Apparently, Kris and Tao has already packed their stuff at the dorm and are ready to discuss this matter with their managers and the CEO. Everything was happening so fast that Chanyeol can’t believe 5 years have already passed. He wonders if he’s the only one left wanting to continue as a group which he hopes he’s not. 

 

When Chanyeol opens his phone he sees a message from Baekhyun, quickly reading, it said that Baekhyun is out with Luhan and Kyungsoo and that he will sleep in his own apartment just because he has plans with them.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

It appeared that the CEO accepted Kris and Tao leaving. It took just 1 day for the news to release through the whole social media. The scandal had caused a chaos from the fans and other people wondering what’s happening if Exo is disbanding soon. Chanyeol was crying while reading the news and the statement from Sm entertainment. The number of fans screaming for Tao and Kris to not leave left him with an aching heart. He related to them so much, it couldn’t be possible that they are leaving. Already?

 

The stocks have under 24 hours went down quite badly and he wonders how Sm is going to handle this one. Fans are furious knowing how poorly the Chinese members were treated and even send death threat at the company. Whatever the company will do to calm the fans down he hopes it’s something good enough.