I'm just a fan

My Life As A Fanboy [HIATUS]

Even if Chanyeol has gotten a lot of hate from his fans he still had to perform on shows and meet the public no matter what. He had to somehow shrug this scandal off and just have all of his focus on his comeback and not think of it. That’s what his boss said anyway. The stocking had decreased tremendously and that’s why the Exo members had to work even harder; having no time to sleep.

 

Luckily nothing happened during the performance in Music bank. The fans was cheering on him as if they really didn’t care about the scandal. Or. It could possibly be that they do care about him but not Sehun and Jongin since they are the ones who came out.

 

When he was done with the performance he once again communicated with the fans that came for him.


”What do you think of me singing heaven with someone else?”

 

The fans had immediately cheered in a positive way.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

He has been thinking a lot during his ride to his home. Everything that is going on right now makes the situation so confusing yet scaring. The fans know Baekhyun is the one he kissed in the airport and brought up to the scene; hugging him in front of thousands of fans. While Sehun and Jongin has only been with girls and never showed interest in guys in public. Do exo-l’s probably think Chanyeol is doing fanservice with Baekhyun? That would explain to why they didn’t get suspicious when Baekhyun showed up on v-live.

 

Having taking a shower for a long time and change his clothes, Chanyeol goes to his kitchen to drink something as he looks at his phone for any notifications.

 

From his recent posts that was uploaded for about 5 days ago there had been a lot of hate comments making it up to 80 thousands and 100 thousands in each photo. He had been thinking of deleting everyone but then again he doesn’t want to seem like a coward boy.

 

Maybe if he uploads a picture of himself smiling or something the comments will be different?

 

He ended uploading a photo from one of his recent photo shoots and the post had already 2000 comments in only 4 minutes.

 

 

Chanyeol waited for one hour to pass when he read the comments again. Most of them was obviously just hate but the rest was directed to the conversation he shared with the fans. Which artist he should collaborate with next time.

 

Many of them asked him to sing with Hyorin from Sistar but he didn’t think she would suit it that much if he’s honest. Another one asked Ailee, she is nice but the song would be dominated by her since her voice is pretty powerful. And of course people wanted him to sing with Taeyeon since they are from the same company and they both are very famous. It was mostly famous singers that Chanyeol expected them to write so he didn’t really feel that excited. The actual reason he asked his fans for a collaboration is because of Baekhyun.The next time Chanyeol is going to perform will be held on Inkigayo and that’s when he takes Baekhyun with him.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

It’s the next day and Chanyeol had just arrived back to the Exo dorm from having another photo shoot together with Xiumin, Chen and Suho. He had been talking to Baekhyun as he drove the car to the dorms; planning when to meet for the video to be recored.

 

Chanyeol ended up picking Baekhyun up at 9p.m. and the younger had whined all the time that he was nervous and was about to puke. Chanyeol couldn’t help but laugh at the sight.

 

As they came inside the house Baekhyun with wobbly legs followed Chanyeol to the kitchen so they could grab something to drink and then go down to the studio.

 

”Do you think they will like my voice?” Baekhyun asked as he was forced to sit on Chanyeol’s chair.

 

”If I like it then the fans will like it too.”

 

”Just like?” Baekhyun teased making Chanyeol’s ear red, but that was unnoticed since it kind of blended with his red hair.

 

”Fine, I love your voice. Happy?” Chanyeol blushed but hid it with his cap.

 

Baekhyun never missed it, he kept staring at Chanyeol in wonder of what he just saw. Seeing Chanyeol being all shy like that was definitely a new sight for him. Shrugging it off Baekhyun reminded himself to remember this moment.

 

With a beating heart Baekhyun waits for Chanyeol to adjust the camera so they both are on the screen. As the red spot is blinking Baekhyun swallows a hard lump in his throat when he listen to Chanyeol talking to the camera in a cheerful voice.

 

”I have Baekhyun with me once again but this time, the video is a special one!~” Chanyeol claps his hand once and then motion Baekhyun to greet himself.

 

”Hi everyone! I will participate in Chanyeol’s song heaven on Inkigayo this Sunday.” Baekhyun can’t believe he just said that sentence in one go but either way he did it and he felt so relief. The rest of the talking will be handled by Chanyeol.

 

”Not only is Baekhyun going to be singing with me but he’s also part of a song he has written and I hope you will all listen to it. In case you don’t know the song is called Secret love song which is about the same gender liking each other. Personally I think that the song fits strongly with the scandal that is out now.” As Chanyeol continued to talk Baekhyun listened.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

Next morning as Baekhyun laid on his bed with his phone he had been looking around the social medias he’s part of. Such as kakaotalk, spending some time to talk with Luhan and Kyungsoo. Luhan saying that he hasn’t been around that much for he has plans to buy another apartment together with Sehun, although the other doesn’t know about it. Luhan had even told Baekhyun to just have that apartment for himself but Baekhyun rejected the kind offer for he wants his own apartment where he gets to choose whatever he wants.

 

Beside that he had been visiting tumblr to chat with some exo-l and liked some pictures and other places.

 

He was about to exit from Instagram when he saw a notification popping up on his phone saying: ’Real__pcy has uploaded a new photo!’ Baekhyun almost dropped his phone as he quickly opened up Chanyeol’s account and he swear he could feel himself faint. He had waited for the magazine to be available so he can get one before it’s sold out. Chanyeol looked so hot in this photo that he could feel some saliva running down his neck. How can a creature like him be so freaking handsome.

 

But the fun ended there when he looked at the comments. His eyes widened so much that he felt them pop out any second. A lump formed in his stomach as he kept reading the comments people had posted and he had even checked the other Exo members Instagram when he felt himself crying. How can people be so cruel? Why does people have to be so close-minded? Baekhyun wanted to scream, to punch them on the faces for being so cold-hearted. Like, there is another thing when you state your opinion—that’s totally fine. But when you ”state your opinion” in a way when you put down a person/persons or when you insult someone but defends with ”it’s my opinion” is absolutely not okay.

 

That’s what Baekhyun thinks of the comments. They are just way too cruel and Baekhyun wonders why they think gay really is bad. Like…why? What’s the reason behind their answer?

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

”Do you really have to have all of this stuff?” Luhan groans as he carries microphones, speakers, lamps and even a megaphone which Luhan looks suspicious at.

 

”Yes! This is important.” Baekhyun says as he only carries a paper with his speech.

 

Kyungsoo is also there to help, carrying two speakers.

 

The two friends has been told by the plan Baekhyun made and yeah, you could say they didn’t like the idea at all, although Baekhyun’s thought was very sweet.

 

The thing is, Baekhyun wants to stand in the center where all the people is and he wants to speak with his megaphone to grab their attention. The topic for this night will be about the scandal. He’s dead nervous but right now nothing can stop him, he is angry from seeing all those comments. No wonder Chanyeol had been crying his heart out that day.

 

Standing on the scene that was available, Kyungsoo and Luhan gives him thumbs up before leaving to stand far away since they are a bit scared from all of this. Baekhyun respected their decision.

 

His heart was pounding so hard against his ribcage and the blood went all the way up to his head making his face flushed from shyness.

 

There was already so many people looking at him and he felt his legs shake.

 

But thinking of his old classmate and his boyfriend, thinking about his two best friends together with Jongin and Sehun, thinking about himself and all of the people in South Korea that suffers from having to be in a secret relationship or have to hide their uality, Baekhyun feels a tiny bit more confident.

 

”I have gathered here to talk about something big that has happened just days ago.” Baekhyun starts. He immediately close his eyes hard as he hears people knowing his name. They recognized him even though he tried to hide his face with a cap.

 

But he kept going.

 

”I want to talk about a topic that is very sensitive in this country.”

 

Okay, it’s now or never.

 

”And that is, people that is gay.” As soon as he said it the people there started to whisper. Some was holding their phones in front of their faces to record him. Baekhyun wasn’t using his megaphone yet but he knew he would be using it later.

 

”The thing is, we care too much about other people’s life. Be want their life to be like ours, thinking that our life is the good way to have it.”

 

As he continued to talk there was a huge amount of people listening to him.

 

”Are you gay!?” Someone shouted from somewhere.

 

Baekhyun felt so much confident inside him that he didn’t have any problem talking anymore.

 

”No questions please. Just listen.” He said.

 

”Are there any exo-l’s here?” He knew that question would be very random but he needed to know and it seems like he got a hold of a big group of the fans of EXO when they reach their hands up in the air. It made Baekhyun’s heart swell from happiness. Hopefully his speech will work.

 

”So you guys know what happened on the Exo members Instagram right?” He asked again. His goal was to gather a lot of exo-l’s to this event.

 

”Yes!” Some shouted.

 

”Well I believe some of you are part of what happened wether it’s good or bad.” Baekhyun sighed. ”The point is the scandal came out about Jongin and Sehun’s uality and there was so many homophobic comments that even I felt like crying. Now imagine how they must’ve felt.”

 

The crowd got silent as they listened to whatever Baekhyun had to say.

 

”I mean, I know the feeling of being in love with an idol but you know you can’t have that person. I am in that situation and it feels so weird and childish to be sulking about it but what can I do? I understand the fact that you are so shocked about this scandal, thinking that your idol is straight and likes girls; after been hearing how they have explained in details of their ideal types of girls.

 

But if you know you can’t have that idol in your life as a lover, why do you get so angry when they are interacting with other girls? Why do you keep on bashing those poor girls that did nothing? You are so complicated.

 

What part do you not understand that you can’t be with your idol because it doesn’t work!” Baekhyun felt himself getting teary eyes from speaking the last part. He thought about Chanyeol, his ultimate favorite artist that he loves so much but can’t have.

 

”So what if they are gay so what if they have boyfriends already. So what?!” He exclaims making other people that pass by look at him too. Baekhyun ignores the megaphone as he keeps on talking loudly with his microphone.

 

”What are they going to do with your life? Are they going to hurt you? Did you somehow get a sickness from them being gay? I seriously don’t understand your problem guys. If you think that you would really be together with your idol then you are thinking wrong! Because we are just fans! We are nothing but their lovely fans and that’s how it is!” 

 

Don’t cry don’t cry…

 

”We are fans that are supposed to support them not bash them! We should stop bashing them when their love life has nothing to do with their music career! We are fans because we support them. We are Exo-l, the fandom that has helped our group to achieve so many things.”

 

”So what if they are gay?…” Baekhyun bites his lips harshly. Some where crying because they were also supporting gay people and they did also hate the homophobic people.

 

”It shouldn’t matter at all. Can’t we all just prove to the homophobic people that we are the best fans in the world for supporting Exo in all situations?! Can’t we!?” He shouts into the microphone making the fans cheer loudly. They agreed with what Baekhyun said. 

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

Yoora couldn’t tear her eyes away from that boy that was talking with his heart. She does see him familiar since she knows she has seen him before. Grabbing her camera Yoora walks closer to the scene and waits for the boy to walk down since he seem to be finishing soon.

 

When Baekhyun finally ended his speech the cheer was shockingly loud making it heard from every corner of the streets. With a shy smile he walks down glancing at his two best friends that waved at him with a big smile. He was about to walk to them until he got stopped by a girl.

 

She was holding a camera and a microphone making him a bit stunned.

 

”Hi may I interview you?” She asked.

 

”Uh..sure?” Baekhyun nervously looked around. He did not expect someone to want to interview him. Was it that good?

 

Yoora cleared . ”What’s your name?”

 

”Baekhyun.”

 

”What is the purpose of your speech? What made you want to talk to the public like the way you did?”

 

Baekhyun played with his fingers. ”Well…” He was so nervous that he didn’t know what to say.

 

”It’s okay, just imagine it’s just you and me.” Yoora smiled and Baekhyun felt like something hit him. That smile reminds him of someone. But when he looked into her eyes he immediately got back to reality.

 

”O-okay.  The reason why I talked about LGBT is because it’s a big deal in our country and I want people to be confident with who they are and not be scared. Because in the end we are all going to die so why should we get bothered by how other people live when we should care about ourselves…” As Baekhyun continued to explain the purpose of this all he did not know that he was live.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

In the group chat where all the Exo members are online Jongin asks something by spamming them.

 

Jongin: Guys did you just see what Baekhyun did?!

 

Xiumin: Who is Baekhyun?

 

Kris: Yeah what are you talking about?

 

Jongin: Chanyeol’s boyfriend! Haven’t he told you guys?

 

Chanyeol: Shut the up Jongin. He’s not my boyfriend.

 

Sehun: Yes! No! Yes! No!

 

Suho: Guys come on calm down. Now tell us Jongin what you wanted to say.

 

Jongin: Okay for you who don’t know Baekhyun is a close friend to Chanyeol and he did just have this massive event talking about LGBT!!!

 

Chanyeol: Wait what.

 

Jongin: You should have seen! I watched it live, Yoora filmed it all.

 

As the rest of the members began to talk about this topic Chanyeol went out from the group-chat and immediately called Baekhyun. He did not hear from anyone that he would do such thing.

 

”Hello—”

 

”Baekhyun what is going on?!” Chanyeol almost screamed into the phone.

 

”W-what?”

 

”I heard from Jongin that you just talked about LGBT with people. Am I right?”

 

”Y-yes…um. Yes I did, why?”

 

”Why?! That’s so ing brave of you! Sorry for cursing.”

 

Baekhyun laughed on the other line. ”Thanks Chanyeol.”

 

”I’m just so shocked. How can you be so brave and talk to a big amount of people?”

 

”Well. If only you knew what a crazy fanboy I am. I would actually do anything for my favorite group.”

 

It’s then when Chanyeol recalls back the memories when he brought Baekhyun up to the scene. How he saw the smaller boy waving his board and screaming his lungs out after him. Maybe he hasn’t seen Baekhyun’s crazy fan-mode but he believes that is enough.

 

Remembering that time Chanyeol can’t help but let out a chuckle. ”Yeah if only I knew.”

 

___

 

Pheww! I did it! (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧

School starts tomorrow guys help meeeeee.

Good thing I only have like 5 months and then school is finally over...until I have to go to University Σ(゜ロ゜;)

Hopefully I'll see you soon with another chapter! Bye bye!~~ .+:。(≧∇≦).+:。

Ok before I leave just look at heeeeer. She's so cuuute ˚‧º·(˚ ˃̣̣̥᷄⌓˂̣̣̥᷅ )‧º·˚ ❤❤❤❤❤

2.9k words