"...forever and ever."

My Life As A Fanboy [HIATUS]

Baekhyun who’s heart almost jumped out from his ribcage looked at Chanyeol with wide eyes.

 

Did he hear it right? He’s not dreaming?

 

Yoosang and Dongjin knew they had to get away so they excused themselves and ran away, somewhere so they wouldn't hear them.

 

Baekhyun had opened his mouth several times, he was speechless. He glanced at Chanyeol and noticed his head was hung low.

 

”H-how long?” He asks shakily.

 

The only thing Chanyeol does is shake his head and when Baekhyun looked closely at his face a tear fell down and he knew, that Chanyeol was crying by now. His whole body was shaking.


”Chanyeol! Why are you crying?” He worriedly asked as he tried to get a better view of the other’s face.

 

”It just feels so great to let it out but I’m also sorry for not telling you.” He mumbles as he wipes his tears away.

 

Baekhyun feels his cheek blush because he knows that his favorite artist is gay like him and that he doesn’t have to be afraid. With a tiny smile he throw himself on Chanyeol and hugs the living life off him. Chanyeol widens his eyes at the gesture; his own heart beating like crazy.

 

”I’m here if you ever feel scared.” Baekhyun whispers into his ear.

 

”Baekhyun…” Chanyeol says almost inaudible.

 

”Hmm?” The other hums.

 

”I like you.”

 

Baekhyun chokes on his saliva, he hits his chest coughing as if he’s dying.

 

”W-WHAT?!” He exclaims once he finally gathers his strength. ”W-what?!” He asks again with his face pulsating from the heat. He feels so hot and doesn’t know how to react, everything feels like a dream. This just can’t be true! Why is Chanyeol coming out as gay then saying he likes him?! What is wrong with him? 

 

Chanyeol looks away and this time Baekhyun doesn't miss how his face is all red. Not that it’s hard but Baekhyun feels butterflies in his stomach.

 

”C-Chanyeol…” Baekhyun feels his own eyes water, he doesn’t know why. Maybe it’s because he knows he’s loved back. The years he has been struggling to make Chanyeol his.

 

”I’m sorry I just couldn’t hold back anymore. I’ve liked you for awhile—” Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun with red eyes and pink cheeks. ”Can we talk somewhere else?” He shyly asks and Baekhyun quickly nods although it was hard to look at the other’s eyes.

 

They ended up walking to the balcony on the second floor and Baekhyun made sure to text Yoosang and Dongjin that he is kind of busy so the couple told him they are going somewhere else instead.

 

The weather was perfect to be outside as the stars could be seen. Baekhyun stood beside Chanyeol as they looked at the view.

 

”For how long have you even liked me?” Baekhyun asks.

 

”It started when you slept over and we had watched a movie…” Chanyeol looks away embarrassed as he remembered the moment.

 

”Really? How?” He curiously asked.

 

”I don’t want to say it.”

 

”Please!~” Baekhyun begged. ”Don’t you know how much I have waited for you!” He whined.

 

Chanyeol sighed and scratched the back of his head. ”I fell for you when you had fallen asleep on my shoulder.” He muttered. 

 

Baekhyun’s eyes sparkled. ”Was that all?” He was amazed yet still shocked how this all happened. Maybe he should really thank his friends, maybe they are meant to be here. Everything is just so surreal.

 

”So what happens now?” Baekhyun asks nervously. ”Is this all?”

 

Without even knowing what was coming Chanyeol’s lips were pressed against his while his strong arms wrapped around Baekhyun’s tiny body.

 

Baekhyun felt like fainting, he was close but he endured it and wrapped his own arms around Chanyeol’s neck. He knew Chanyeol wanted something more, he wanted a relationship. 

 

”Thank you.” Baekhyun whispers once they had parted.

 

”I like you so freaking much, you have no idea what you do to my heart.” Chanyeol press his forehead against Baekhyun’s as their eyes meets. ”You are beautiful, kind and no one can bring you down.” 

 

Baekhyun gets reminded by Taeyeon’s words how much she hurt him and once the homophobic comments from her came up he tensed and felt tears form in his eyes.

 

Chanyeol looked worried at him as if he did something wrong. ”What is it?”

 

”N-Nothing…I’m just so happy…my dream came to life.” Chanyeol grins and hugs him tightly into his embrace.

 

”I never expected to come out tonight.” Chanyeol says making Baekhyun laugh and cling onto him more. ”It feels like a huge weight just disappeared. Well not really.” He joked and Baekhyun knew he talked about him because he was literally hanging on Chanyeol. With a pout he slaps his chest and backs away. 

 

”Whatever.” He looks away but gets only a peck.

 

”I know I have asked you this for many times but, do you trust me?” Chanyeol looks down at Baekhyun.

 

”Yes I do.”

 

”Then do you think we can keep this as a secret?” He bites his lips in hope for Baekhyun to not be angry or disappointed.

 

”What kind of question is that? Of course we can and beside you were the one who preferred that option. Remember?” Baekhyun grins at Chanyeol who’s face turns red. 

 

”You sure kept that in your memory.”

 

”Actually I have all of our moments together in my memory.”

 

Chanyeol smiles and hugs him. He snuggles into Baekhyun’s hair and closes his eyes.

 

”My amazing boyfriend.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widen.

 

Boyfriend. The world made his heart flip as he tugged at Chanyeol’s t-shirt and inhaled his cologne.

 

I’ll do anything for you Chanyeol. Baekhyun thinks as he smiles to himself.

ㆍㅅㆍ

”So…” Jongin started as he stared at Chanyeol and then back to Sehun. ”Will you also come out to the public—”

 

”Hell no.”

 

”Wow, why not?”

 

”Is your career more important than Baekhyun?” Sehun asked this time.

 

Chanyeol had immediately shook his head and looked at Sehun as if it was the most dumbest question he had ever heard. ”Of course not.”

 

”Then what’s the problem? To me it looks like your fans are supportive though.” Jongin mumbled as he looks away.

 

Chanyeol sighs as he runs his fingers through his hair. ”I’m scared…I mean, it took years for me to actually come out and now I’m officially in a relationship—”

 

”Um, not really officially.” Sehun grinned at Jongin as they made a high five, not even bothered the way Chanyeol is glaring at them.

 

”You’ll do fine, just like always.” Jongin patted on the other’s back. ”You got this.”

 

”I hope so.” Chanyeol smiled but looked more sadder.

ㆍㅅㆍ

Baekhyun who has no life and can do whatever he wants had been lying on his bed the entire day and just thinking of the moment he had with Chanyeol. All this felt so surreal and he wants to just go back to yesterday and enjoy that confession again and again. He suddenly feels his face heat up as he touches his lips, now wanting to kiss Chanyeol again. This mean he doesn’t have to ask him for a kiss right? They are boyfriends so Baekhyun can just do it-well not in public but in privacy.

 

He happily sighs as he stares at the ceiling, feeling his stomach grumble but he couldn’t care any less because right now he’s in heaven. It’s like he’s floating on the clouds. But that feeling disappeared when his phone began to sound and he was back to reality.

 

Groaning he looked at the ID and saw his mother’s name. Now that he thinks of it he had yet again forgotten to call her. With trembling hands he answers it and waits for a tantrum to be thrown on the other side of the line but surprisingly she sounded rather calm.

 

”Hi sweetie.” She greeted. ”How have you been?”

 

”Hey mom, great.”

 

”What are you doing?”

 

”Nothing just thinking about stuff.”

 

It turned silent and Baekhyun wondered why his mother was acting weird, it’s not like her to be this calm whenever he forgets to call his parents.

 

”Are you free these days?”

 

”I guess, why?”

 

”We miss you and wondered if you wanted to come visit us?”

 

”Of course I will, I’ll let my friends know I’m coming back.”

 

”Your dad miss cooking dinner for you.”

 

Baekhyun laughed as he remembered how his father loved to make new recipes and let Baekhyun be the first one to try his results.

 

”I’ll be there before you even know.”

 

”Great.”

 

”And mom…”

 

”Yes?”

 

”Sorry for not calling…”

 

”It’s okay, I understand..let’s talk more when you come back here.”

 

They ended their conversation and Baekhyun felt that something was going on, he just couldn’t tell what it was. Either way he gets up and looks around his room. He hasn’t met Yoosang and Dongjin nor Kyungsoo and Luhan so he hasn’t had the opportunity to tell them what happened between him and Chanyeol.

 

So Baekhyun makes sure to text all of them that he’s going to be away for few days. And so he begins to pack his clothes, ready to go back to his real home.

ㆍㅅㆍ

”Will you be alright going back all by yourself?”

 

”I’m not a kid!”

 

”I know, sorry, I’m just worried.”

 

”Yeah I can tell.” Baekhyun laughed.

 

”Even though I will be busy I’m going to miss you a lot.”

 

”Well it’s not like we meet each other that much anyway.”

 

”We can change that, come and live with me.”

 

Baekhyun felt his heart almost jump out of his ribcage. ”Why do you always have to be so straightforward?”

 

”Are you embarrassed?” Chanyeol laughs on the other line. ”You’re cute.”

 

”Well of course I get caught off guard when you say stuff out of blue, just like when you—”

 

”When I?” Baekhyun could totally hear the teasing tone Chanyeol used but he felt so shy right now just by thinking of that moment. 

 

”Y-You know…”

 

”Say it.”

 

”When you confessed to me.” Baekhyun bites his lips as he stares outside the window. A long sigh is heard on the other line and Baekhyun feels butterfly in his stomach knowing what’s going on with this conversation.

 

”I will do anything for you, you know that right?”

 

”Of course you are Park Chanyeol—”

 

”Who loves Byun Baekhyun.”

 

Baekhyun can’t take it anymore. A tear is falling down his cheek as he stares at the dark sky filled with stars. He suddenly sees a shooting star and quickly wish for something.

 

”Sleepy?” Chanyeol asks after a long silent.

 

”A bit. It’s dark in the train so it makes me sleepy and there’s literally no one here, just 4 including me.”

 

”I see. Then maybe you should sleep.”

 

”Maybe I should.”

 

”Bye Baekhyun, call me if anything happens.”

 

”As if you would be here as fast as superman.” Baekhyun grinned as he wiped away his tears.

 

”That I will.”


”Glad to hear that then. Good night Chanyeol sleep well.”

 

”Damn I really can’t stop talking with you.”

 

”Just press the button or I’ll do it—”

 

”No! I will do it.”

 

”Alright, on 3.”

 

”1”,”1”.

 

”2”,”2”.

 

”3”,”3”.

 

They both ended their call at the same time and Baekhyun rested his head against the window as he let out a shaky sigh. He feels like this relationship will be a roller coaster and not sure if he’s ready to fight, who knows if it’s too much for him to carry that he’ll end up getting out from the ride? Baekhyun hugs himself as he close his eyes and thinks about Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I wish that Chanyeol and I can stay together, forever and ever…