My Heart Hurts When I'm With You

My Life As A Fanboy [HIATUS]

Baekhyun has done nothing special except for looking at his phone when he woke up. He had released that he was alone when Luhan and Kyungsoo didn’t answer him when he called them in the bedroom. But after been thinking of stuff he decided to continue with the writing.

 

It was when he was starting to think of words to write down that he remembered a guy in his class. With full of hope he quickly grabbed his laptop and searched him on internet if he could reach for his number.

 

3 minuters later he got it; biting his thumb he patiently waited to have him answer the phone.

 

”Hello?”

 

”Dongjin! Is it you?”

 

”Yes, who’s this?”

 

”Baekhyun! Byun Baekhyun.”

 

”Ahh! Baekhyun, why are you calling? It’s been such a long time since I heard your voice.”

 

”Yeah I know.” Baekhyun chuckled. ”I am in the middle of writing a song for a special person but in the middle of my work I thought about you and I was wondering if you are still together with Yoosang?”

 

”Yes I am, why?”

 

”Because I’m writing about the situation for gay people and I really need your help. I know what you’ve been through in high school you know.”

 

”Yeah, it was pretty obvious.” Donjin half laughed, for Baekhyun it sounded rather downhearted.

 

”I know we weren't entirely friends but is it okay if you tell me how it was at that time when you were dating Yoosang?”

 

”Of course. Anything for my kind ex-classmate.” Dongjin chuckled but later turned into a sigh. ”I don’t know if you have ever felt this way before but during my time in high school when I was dating Yoosang it was horrible. I was scared of literally every single person in that building and even outside. Because of all the nasty looks me and my boyfriend received. We got bullied, even molested for being gay. I thought that if we just held hands and ignored the rest of the world everything would be alright but it didn’t. I was wrong, completely wrong. They kept on hurting us, even more once they saw us so near or if we stood by a corner just talking. And some days I would be so scared that I would try to be as far away as possible from Yoosang. I knew it hurt him so much but in the end he understood why I did that. When I say they I mean the homophobic people. You see me and Yoosang went through hell in that time but once we got out of that disgusting place we felt alive. So free that we could do anything a ’normal’ couple could do. I’m saying normal because apparently to the homophobic people, gay people was not normal for them. Right now we are good but at that time it was so bad that I almost took my life. And that’s basically it. There is a lot more to tell but I hope this was enough.”

 

Baekhyun was left speechless, he could not believe he went through all of that. That he fought for his love - for himself and that he never gave up. That is what Baekhyun call love. When both of them fights for each other and prove everyone that no one can separate them.

 

”Dongjin.”

 

”Yes?”

 

”I wish you the best and I would like to meet you and Yoosang someday. I seriously regret for not standing up for you but you know I was a loner and a weirdo back then.”

 

Donjing began to laugh out loud. ”Yeah you were a very weird guy. Always fancying over that Chanyeol guy- oh, are you still ’in love’ with him?”

 

Baekhyun blushed so hard. ”How did you know I was in love with him?”

 

”Duh, everyone knew, you were just ignoring the rest of the world and fantasized about you and Chanyeol being together.”

 

”Oh..well, actually…I am part of his life now..”

 

”WHAT?! You are together with Park Chanyeol? Is he gay?!”

 

”N-NO! I mean, no and yes. Well that’s what I think.” Baekhyun sighed. ”What I want to say is that I’m not together with him but faith somehow brought us in each others life. And him being gay, it actually feels as if he is but I don’t know..he’s kind of..I seriously don’t know Dongjin, he’s confusing.”

 

”Well you sure are a lucky guy if you start dating him.”

 

”I know and one day you will see on the news that Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol are dating- I mean married and are planning to have kids.” Baekhyun proudly said making Dongjin laugh again.

 

”I wish you the best then.”

 

”Thank you Dongjin.”

 

”Thank you too. I’m glad you called me, I would have never expect you out of all the people in our school to call me.”

 

It was Baekhyun’s turn to laugh. ”That’s true…”


”Like you said before, I do also hope we can meet each other someday. Where you do live now?”

 

”Oh I’m actually living with two close friends in Seoul.”

 

”So ?”

 

”Gosh no!” Baekhyun made a face out of disgust.

 

”Sorry.” Dongjin chuckled. ”But that’s nice, really. Having your friends so close to you. Unfortunately I live in America where most Koreans move to.”

 

”Oh…that’s..”

 

”I know. Too far away. But see it on the bright sight, one day we will meet and thank Chanyeol for that once you two get together.”

 

”Yep! We will meet, it’s a promise!”

 

”Yeah, a promise.”

 

”Well then, take care and say hi to Yoosang if he even remember me.”

 

”I’m pretty sure everyone will remember the name Byun Baekhyun in our school.”

 

”Whatever! Just have a nice evening.” Baekhyun pouted.

 

”I will and Baekhyun.”

 

”Yes?”

 

”Don’t give up either. It will be hard to be part of Chanyeol’s life and you know how it is liking the same gender in Korea.”

 

”I won’t give up, Chanyeol will be mine.”

 

”Good. Bye then.”

 

”Bye..”

 

Dongjin was the first to decline the call and Baekhyun exhaled loudly. It felt so nice yet so weird to talk to a classmate he never interacted with but now it’s like something small disappeared in his body, something that shouldn’t have been there.

 

He knows what he has to write now.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

8:00 p.m. is it too late to call Chanyeol?

 

But he did say he could call him once he’s finished.

 

Baekhyun shrugged and called him anyway, if he was busy then he would understand.

 

”Hi Baekhyun.”

 

”Hi! I’m finished now.” Baekhyun said with a big smile on his face. He felt so calm whenever he heard Chanyeol’s voice.

 

”That’s good! Can you come over? If you remember my address.”

 

”N-No..sorry I never paid attention.”

 

”It’s okay, I’ll come over okay? Wait inside and I’ll ring on the doorbell.”

 

”Really? Thank you!”

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

Baekhyun had almost fallen asleep when he heard the doorbell, the sound he had been waiting for since he had stopped talking to Chanyeol on the phone.

 

He lazily walked to the front door and opened it revealing the tall handsome man in front of him.

 

”You sure look tired.” Chanyeol smiled showing his beautiful dimple.

 

Baekhyun from being shy averted his eyes from Chanyeol’s. ”I know..”

 

”Should we go?”

 

”Okay.” Baekhyun grabbed the keys and the paper before locking the door.

 

The feeling of walking beside Chanyeol again felt amazing, it was such a blissful moment having such a tall man beside him as if he was protecting him with all his body.

 

But the feeling was gone as soon as he got a sight of the person that was sitting in the front seat. His heart beat was increasing so fast, the way his stomach was twisting in a painful way, how he so badly wanted to throw up. He hated this feeling, he wanted to cry for god’s sake.

 

Because Kim Taeyeon was sitting where he was supposed to sit.

 

Why was she there? Out of all the people, why her?

 

Chanyeol noticed Baekhyun halting his steps. ”Oh, I brought Taeyeon noona with me. She was in my house visiting you know.” Chanyeol smiled again but this time it didn’t hit his heart. No, it only made him feel even more sad. Why was he so freaking weak.

 

”It’s okay, the more the funnier.” He faked a smile which Chanyeol bought instantly since he only got inside the car.

 

Baekhyun let out a heavy breath; looking up to the sky filled with stars.

 

He reminded himself that this is Taeyeon for goodness sake, a celebrity that was known for being part of the group Girls’ Generation and for being such a good vocalist. It’s not that he hates her, he just hates this awful feeling.

 

Baekhyun got inside the car as well and the trio was off.

 

During the car ride Taeyeon had yet not greeted him or even turned her head which left Baekhyun wondering if he should greet her, he was confused.

 

They never greeted each other.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

Once they got out from the car Taeyeon and Chanyeol was already walking to the house while Baekhyun was behind them like the outcast he always were.

 

”I will fix something to eat. Taeyeon you know where the studio is.” Chanyeol spoke when they were inside the house.

 

”I know it perfectly.” Taeyeon smiled and Baekhyun never missed how Chanyeol looked at her, not even sparing a glance at him.

 

”I’ll hurry up.”

 

”You better.” Taeyeon laughed as if she didn’t want to be with Baekhyun alone.

 

They both walked in silence to the studio room, Baekhyun sat on a regular chair while Taeyeon occupied Chanyeol’s chair right away.

 

It felt so awkward to be in the same room as an artist so there was a lot of pressure for him.

 

He could practically feel Taeyeon taking glances at him making sweat form on his forehead.

 

”What’s your name?” She suddenly asked.

 

He almost jumped but maintained to stay calm. Having an eye contact with Taeyeon for the first time felt strange. Looking at her in the eyes felt like a nightmare. Baekhyun would have never thought that being in the same room with her would be scary. She always looked liked an angel from above when being on stage or when her fans got her on camera.

 

But this Taeyeon was far from it. She was nothing to what she is on stage.

 

This Taeyeon was the real Kim Taeyeon the fans doesn’t know about.

 

Of course she is beautiful, a typical beauty in Korea, with her glamorous short hair and her flawless skin. Baekhyun felt like trash compared to her. 

 

”Byun Baekhyun.”

 

She nodded and scanned his body. Slowly lifting her leg to put it across her other.

 

”You are very small.”

 

Baekhyun lifted an eyebrow. What?

 

”I’m pretty sure I know that.” He smiled, trying to be kind.

 

”Can I see what you wrote? Channie told me you wrote something.”

 

Channie? What the hell, did she give him a nickname?

 

Baekhyun nodded and took the papers out from his pocket and handed them to Taeyeon.

 

As she scanned through the words, Baekhyun couldn’t help but feel excited knowing that she is reading what he wrote. What if she likes it that she even wants him to participate in her album or a song?

 

Her laugh cut his thoughts off.

 

”What is this?” She asked while still laughing.

 

”Huh?” Baekhyun felt dumbfounded. Why is she laughing?

 

”Are you gay?” She asks out of blue.

 

”Uh- what?”

 

”I asked if you’re gay.”

 

”Ye-I mean No!” What if he said he was gay? Would she accept him?

 

”Good.” Guess not…

 

”Why are you asking me that?” He hesitantly asked.

 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes which caught him off guard. ”Because this is so freaking disgusting.” She threw the papers at him making him jump. ”Why would you write that to Chanyeol? Anyone would believe that you are gay and thinks that by writing this piece of will make you and Chanyeol together. But guess what it won’t. Writing about gay and how beautiful it is, is nasty. Chanyeol should be ashamed for having you in his album or song, I don’t care. He won’t like what you wrote, he will only think you are joking.”

 

With each sentence she said hit his heart like arrows. Who would have guessed that she would have such a cold heart?

 

Baekhyun wanted to cry, he already felt tears forming in his eyes and a lump in his throat.

 

”If you dare to cry, don’t tell Chanyeol I was the one who caused it.” She threatened but quickly went from scary to a pretty girl once Chanyeol got inside.

 

”Welcome back, took you long.” She sent him a cheeky smile making Baekhyun turn his head to stop looking at them.

 

”Yeah I know, I couldn’t find the cookies.”

 

”Oh you brought my favorite ones!” She happily clapped her hands and began eating one.

 

Those cookies where the ones Baekhyun ate when he was here the first time.

 

”Here, take one you too.” Taeyeon handed one and Baekhyun accepted it.

 

But as he looked at the cookie he felt nothing but disgust. The cookie that looked so tasty was now something he would never eat anymore.

 

”So can I finally read what you wrote?” Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol and then at the papers. After the words Taeyeon said made him feel hesitate to let Chanyeol read it.

 

But he gives it anyway. It’s Chanyeol after all.

 

As Chanyeol reads it a smile starts forming on his lips and a dimple is clearly seen.

 

Was he making fun of him too?

 

Baekhyun was scared.

 

”It’s funny isn’t it?” Taeyeon asked but it was more to the joking side.

 

Chanyeol had apparently ignored it for he looked directly at Baekhyun with the biggest smile he had ever seen on him.

 

”It’s perfect.”

 

Both Taeyeon and Baekhyun was left speechless. 

 

”I love it.” He says and looks down at the paper again. Then he suddenly jolts up. ”I forgot my phone in the kitchen, I’ll be back soon!” He hands the paper back to Baekhyun again and runs out from the room.

 

Taeyeon scoots closer to Baekhyun and looks at him as if she felt sorry for him.

 

”You do know he only compliments you because he doesn’t wants you to feel sad.”

 

Baekhyun ignored her comment and looked down at his work of art.

 

”You’re just a fan Baekhyun. Life is hard but you have to accept that you are nothing to Chanyeol but an ugly gay fanboy.” She cursed and Baekhyun immediately looked at her with wide eyes. ”I’m surprised you are here, people like you should not be this close to us, let alone with Chanyeol. I know you are taking advantage of him but let me remind you dear. You are nothing but a fan that Chanyeol will leave before you even know.” Taeyeon chuckled when she saw Baekhyun’s tears finally fall down.

 

”Bye bye~ you know where the front door is.” Taeyeon ruffled his hair before Baekhyun grabbed his papers and ran out from the room.

 

He can’t be near her, he can’t be with someone so bad like her.

 

Is this how she sees her fans? Because he feels sorry for them.

 

”Baekhyun!” The said boy halts his steps and quickly wipes his tears away. ”What happened? Why are you crying?” Chanyeol approached him and stood in front.

 

”It’s nothing. I don’t feel well.” He mumbled.


”Are you sure? You know you can talk to me.”

 

Baekhyun hated himself for being so weak, for letting his tears showing up like there’s no tomorrow.

 

”Seriously you are making me worried.” Chanyeol placed his hands on his shoulders.

 

”I just can’t be here. I want to go home.” Baekhyun cried out.

 

”Did Taeyeon do something to you?”

 

Baekhyun shook his head making Chanyeol even more confused.

 

”I don’t want to be here anymore.” Baekhyun sniffed.

 

”I’ll take you home—”


”No! Just let me go.” Chanyeol did seriously wonder what happened to him. He cried as if he got hit or insulted.

 

”I can’t just let go you like that—”

 

Chanyeol was once again caught off but this time Baekhyun pushed him away.

 

”I hate this place!” He outburst and ran to the hallway to put his shoes on. Chanyeol feeling hurt at the words hitting his heart, looked at Baekhyun hurrying himself to get out of his house.

 

”W-Wait Baekhyun!” He ran after the smaller when he saw he was already outside.

 

”Stop following me! I don’t want you in my life!” 

 

Chanyeol ran so fast that he finally caught Baekhyun in his arms.

 

”Why are you saying that? What happened in there when I was gone?”

 

Baekhyun looked into his eyes wanting to cry even more.

 

”It hurts.”

 

”What hurts? Do you need to go to the hospital?” 

 

”My heart hurts when I’m with you.” Baekhyun looked into Chanyeol’s eyes.

 

”I’m sorry.”

 

Baekhyun shook his head and smiled although Chanyeol knew it was fake.

 

”I’m the one who should feel sorry. After all, I’m just a fan who wished to have a family with a top star, a fan who likes the same gender…I don’t want to make you uncomfortable anymore.”

 

”What are you even saying, seriously Baekhyun. Why are you suddenly acting so strange?”

 

”I should go.” Baekhyun turned around about to leave but Chanyeol grabbed his arm in a firm grip.

 

”It was Taeyeon right?”

 

Baekhyun remained silent.

 

”I can talk to her.”

 

”No.”

 

”Why not? She hurt you, I don’t know how but she did something to you.”

 

”Just leave it. All I want right now is to go home.” Baekhyun plainly said.

 

What came next took Baekhyun’s breath.

 

Chanyeol had pulled him into a warm hug, with his long arms wrapped around his petite body.

 

”You trust me right?”

 

”Yes.” For what exactly?

 

”Good, because I won’t let anyone hurt you.”


I'm so slow at updating ._.

.....

I'm going on vacation on Monday next week for 9 - 11 days

so I will do my best to give you fast updates this week :)

I might actually update where I'm going O_O Who knows?! <_<

.... *sigh*

School is starting soon ;; ;; !!!

•••••••

K BYE !!!! ^^

3k words