Sometimes I wish that I never became an Idol - Chanyeol

My Life As A Fanboy [HIATUS]

Stop calling, stop calling, stop calling!

 

Chanyeol chanted in his head as he kept on moving to the sides while squeezing his eyes. He was exhausted and very tired that he wanted more sleep. However, the ringtone was driving him nuts and he hoped that the one calling him would stop right now.

 

As soon as the phone calling stopped he sighed in relief and tried to go back to sleep.

Until he heard it again and this time he threw his duvet away and angrily answered the phone.

 

”What?!” He erupted.

 

”The scandal is out””

 

Chanyeol furrowed his brows, he was still feeling a bit dizzy from the sudden little tantrum he threw some seconds ago so he still didn’t know who it was talking.

 

”Who is it?”

 

”What the hell! It’s me idiot! Sehun.”

 

”Oh, yeah what is it?”

 

”I just told you that the scandal is out.”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes almost popped out. ”What?! Are you joking?!” 

 

”No and I’m literally freaking out right now. I can’t stop biting my nails, one of them has started to bleed.”

 

”Okay Sehun you need to calm down or else you won’t have any more nails.”

 

”It’s not easy!”

 

”Well your nails has nothing to do with this so stop blaming them!”

 

”Chanyeol…”

 

”What!”

 

”Did you just defend my nails.”

 

”Who cares!” The elder face palmed himself. ”How’s Jongin?”

 

”He’s so calm! Way too calm, as if he doesn’t care that the scandal is out!”

 

”Maybe he does care, he probably doesn’t want to show it to us or the rest of the world except for Kyungsoo.”

 

”That might be true…”  Sehun sighed. ”I’m scared of going out.”

 

”Sehun, you can’t show them that you are scared. You have to be confident, with that way you are going to encourage other people to come out and be themselves. You and Jongin did probably the most hardest thing in the k-pop history, you gotta be proud of yourself.”

 

”Wow…I’m surprised those words even came out from that mouth. But thanks.”

 

”Whatever. Just stop thinking of us -as a group I mean. Think about yourself for a second.”

 

”Thank you hyung, you’re the best.”

 

Chanyeol smiled fondly. ”Best friends are always by each other’s side.”

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

Turned out it wasn’t just Sehun who was biting his nails off but the rest of the members too, except for Jongin who was probably getting comforted by Kyungsoo.

 

The members had kept on telling each other that everything is going to be alright and that whatever happens they will keep on going forward.

 

That’s how Chanyeol spend his day — talking to his friends in their group chat as they discussed about this and keeping each other updated.

 

What Sehun found out on his Instagram account was the fans almost destroying the comment section with their rude words. Some where nice and supporting but the majority of the comments were nothing but rude and harsh words that Sehun never imagined would've receive. He knew he would be hated and looked down but this was going over the line that he had even cried himself to sleep even though it was daylight.

 

[Gay people should not be legal in any countries!]

 

[You are going to hell for this]

 

[Die! Thumbs down for gay people]

 

[Ugh, you disgust me]

 

 

[I wonder how many fans will EXo  lose now hahahhaah!!]

 

[I tell you now, Exo are over. The rest of the members are probably also gay and right now they began with the two youngest. Are they scared? Buhhuuu go to your mom and cry, faggots!]

 

[This is so shocking. How can they show such articles in our faces! This is disrespectful. Shame on Jongin and Sehun. They should not be idols anymore!]

 

[As a loyal fan I have lost my interest in both of you. :( Sorry I can’t be a fan anymore. This is shameful.]

 

[”Once a fan always a fan.” Yeah that’s what I have always told myself but today is the end of it. I am leaving this fandom and never coming back. What you did disgusts me. A man should not be with the same gender because that makes no sense! You are going to make your fans confused with your uality. Please like girls and be straight. Gay is not normal and will never be. If you don’t change back then I will hope something bad happens sorry.]

 

After all those harsh comments.

 

Sehun did not go out from the dorms even though the members kept on comforting him. Not even Luhan could bring him out or even make him come to his apartment. That poor boy was now miserable and scared, scared of facing the public; imagine that they might kill him.

 

[Once I see you two I might as well hurt you so bad. Because that’s what gay people deserves. And i’m nnot alone with this i got  a lot of people agreeing with me!!!]

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

Friday night 22:05 p.m.

 

Please be at home!

 

Chanyeol prayed as he kept on speeding in the darkness. He knew he should of had called but he had no time right now. He was furious, terrified and concerned, all at once. The sweat on his temple, slowly, almost falling off his face from the stress he was feeling now.

 

As he arrived to the destination he panted heavily when he rapidly pressed the buttons in the elevator. His panting was so loud and so was his heart.

 

Finally at the door he quickly began to knock or you could say; banging hard.

 

The door was not opened after like 2 minutes later and there stood Baekhyun half awake, confused and perhaps thinking he is dreaming.

 

His hair looked all tousled and he was wearing loose clothes on.

 

”W-what are you—”

 

Baekhyun had no time to complete his sentence when he got pushed inside as Chanyeol locked the door.

 

”Did you see the scandal?” Was the first thing Chanyeol asked.

 

”Huh?”

 

”So you didn’t.” He sighed.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

They were sitting at the rooftop with some warm chocolates in their hands. The night sky was unbelievable beautiful tonight with the moon being somewhere else as it let the stars stay in focus.

 

Although it was a bit chilly, the warmness was still there, just how a summer night should be.

 

It was Chanyeol’s idea to be here since he felt more safe and he needed some fresh air too. Baekhyun who was still confused about this whole thing was in silence as he waited for the other to talk.

 

”The scandal I was talking about.” Chanyeol began. ”Do you remember ’coming out’ thing with Sehun and Jongin?”

 

Baekhyun squinted his eyes as he thought but they soon were washed away by them opening wide. He looked at Chanyeol in shock. ”What!” He exclaimed,not caring a single bit that it echoed.

 

Chanyeol could only nod and let his head fall down on his knees that was bent.

 

The younger couldn’t believe it. The scandal must have brought up a lot of drama right now and the people…he can’t even imagine what it looks like right now in social medias. Especially not in Sehun’s Instagram account.

 

”Oh my god.” Is all Baekhyun can let out as he takes a huge gulp from his chocolate drink. He wonders how Sehun and Jongin is doing right now.

 

With a shaky hands he place it on Chanyeol’s broad back and him up and down. Hoping that this will calm him down, just for now at least.

 

”Thanks.” The taller mumbles.

 

”Chanyeol…are you okay? Did they say something about you?” Baekhyun hesitantly asks.

 

”Yeah…”

 

Baekhyun keeps his mouth shut after hearing that. He won’t question Chanyeol anymore for he knows that the comments he has received is not one of the greatest. Of course, it’s not only about Sehun and Jongin but Exo as whole. It makes Baekhyun’s stomach twist and turn. It hurts seeing his favorite group like that.

 

”You can stay here if you want.” Baekhyun said after a long moment of silence. ”Mi casa es tu casa.” He adds making Chanyeol look at him with a wide smile. ”Even though it’s not entirely my house but yeah.” Baekhyun shrugs but gets a big hug from the giant making him explode from shyness.

 

”You’re the best.” The taller says as he squeeze the living life out of Baekhyun.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

Baekhyun woke up from a weird sound that bugged him a bit for he wondered what it was. As he start stretching like a cat and yawned like a tiger he looked up at the ceiling still listening to that sound. He knew Chanyeol was beside him sleeping for it was still pretty early in the morning. 

 

He was about to get up when he noticed that the bed was shaking a bit, looking beside him his eyes widened and concerns was starting to immediately eat him up. With no thinking Baekhyun began to Chanyeol’s back in a comforting way making the other tense.

 

”Chanyeol, what’s wrong?” He asked in a raspy voice;his throat being unused for several hours.

 

”N-nothing. Just go back to sleep.” It was all clear that Chanyeol had been crying from the sound of his voice. The way he sniffed and how he sometimes hiccuped. Baekhyun wanted to leave some space but knowing how much Chanyeol consoled him in the past he could not ignore him.

 

With all his might he turned Chanyeol around and saw the puffy red eyes and the slight pink nose. Baekhyun furrowed his brows in wonder of what happened.

 

”Do you want me to grab some water for you?” Baekhyun asked softly.

 

”Yes please.” With that Baekhyun ran out from the room and quickly filled a big glass of water. Giving Chanyeol the glass he watched how the elder was drinking it all at once.

 

”Why do you look so sad?” The smaller asked again once he was back on the bed.

 

”I just saw something, nothing to worry about.” Chanyeol tried to smile but the tears in his eyes started to form and within a second Chanyeol was crying again.

 

Baekhyun sat on his knees and wrapped his arms around Chanyeol’s neck, making the taller resting his own head against Baekhyun’s chest. Despite the uncomfortable position Chanyeol felt safe and secured being in his arms.

 

They didn’t speak but the gentle massage Baekhyun was doing on the other’s head was enough to know that he was there for him.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

After what felt like years for Baekhyun, the elder was now recovering from the mess he had created.

 

In hope to get some answers now Baekhyun retried again to ask questions.

 

”Are you okay now?”

 

”Kind of.”

 

”So what happened. May I know what 'something' you saw?”

 

Chanyeol knew Baekhyun was going to press those questions until he was satisfied so there was no way to escape from those questions.

 

”There was just comments I read on my Instagram…It just hit me in my heart so I felt kind of attacked.” Chanyeol explained still feeling that feeling in his stomach.

 

Baekhyun leaned back against the headboard and pushed Chanyeol back to sit in the same position. ”What kind of comments?”

 

Chanyeol shook his head as he sighed heavily. ”Those comments that goes overboard. I really don’t want to say them.”

 

”It’s okay Chanyeol. I know what you mean now.” Baekhyun assured and both of them stayed silent again.

 

 

___

This is the chapter when the scandals comes out.

I tried to write homophobic comments even though it was hard..-

Hope it was okay at least? I have promised myself that another chapter

will come out this weekend before school starts, I think that would be nice :P

SEE YOU SOON!! :D