Shh! It's a surprise~

My Life As A Fanboy [HIATUS]

Baekhyun groaned as he slowly began to wake up. Sitting up he immediately rubbed his eyes to get a better vision. Looking around his surrounding he saw that he was in Chanyeol’s room but the taller was nowhere to be seen. Wondering how he happend to get here the door opens and he quickly hides himself under the cover.

 

”Good morning!” Chanyeol cheerfully greets and Baekhyun can hear something being placed on the nightstand beside him. With curiosity taking over him he peeks from the cover and sees a tray with all kinds of things. The usual ones when you eat breakfast, such as eggs, bacon, toasts and a big glass of milk. The hunger inside him starts to increase as soon as the smell hits his nose.

 

”Hey, eat this now.” The covers gets removed in a move making Baekhyun startled.

 

”Good morning.” He mumbles shyly.

 

Chanyeol smiles and ruffles Baekhyun’s hair. ”I’ll be in the studio, take your time to fix yourself because it’s a big day for both of us.” With that he left the room leaving a lost boy in the bed.

 

But anyhow he ate the whole breakfast making his stomach happy again. Baekhyun sighed as he got up. Looking back he makes puppy eyes because he so would want to get back to bed and snuggle with the warm fluffy duvet.

 

It’s a big day for both of us

 

Right!

 

Baekhyun starts dressing himself and goes to the bathroom to wash his face with cold water to get rid of the puffy eyes and the dried saliva in the corner of his mouth. He’s surprised that Chanyeol didn’t tell him that he’s nasty.

 

Looking far better now Baekhyun heads down to the studio opening the door carefully to not disturb Chanyeol in case he’s doing something important.

 

Hearing the door creak open Chanyeol turns his attention at Baekhyun and smiles.

 

”Was the breakfast good?”

 

”It was, thank you.” Baekhyun shyly responds.

 

”Okay so today is the day when I am finally going to talk about the tracks and I’m going to go live on v-app.”

 

”Oh alright.”

 

As Chanyeol was fixing the camera and opening the v-app account Baekhyun was making himself comfortable far away from the camera; to not be seen. 

 

”Hello everyone!” Chanyeol waves to the camera with a big smile. ”Wooah~ There is already so many people watching…” With his round brown eyes he looks at the comments that are almost hard to read since there is so many people commenting.

 

Since it’s Chanyeol’s v-app time Baekhyun leaned back against the wall and focused on Chanyeol’s hand moves, the way he moved them every time he tried to explain something. How his round big eyes would widen even more looking awfully cute. His laugh sounding like a song in Baekhyun’s ears making himself smile. He had always loved Chanyeol’s smile and the way one of his eyes would twitch. Baekhyun adored Chanyeol like this secretly. Even if his smile is so wide showing off his white rich teeth, even if he looks so freaking stupid clapping his hands like a seal or make some dramatic moves as he laughs his intestines out. At least for now Baekhyun wouldn’t want to admit to the elder about those thoughts.

 

”Baekhyun!”

 

The voice in the background made the said boy shake his head a bit from being in deep thought. ”Yes?”

 

”Come here.” Chanyeol grabs a chair and gesture Baekhyun to sit beside him.

 

The smaller sits down with a question mark on his face.

 

”Everyone! This is…” Chanyeol motion Baekhyun to introduce himself.

 

”H-hello!” Baekhyun shyly waves at the camera. ”I’m Baekhyun.” He bows a little and glances at Chanyeol, not knowing what to do next.

 

”They like you.” Chanyeol smiles at Baekhyun who is surely blushing right now.

 

Not even 2 minutes has passed since Baekhyun introduced himself when fans started complimenting his face, saying he looks like a k-pop artist.

 

Hearing that Baekhyun shook his head fast as in no. ”I’m not that good looking.” He laughs nervously. 

 

”Hey~What are you saying.” Chanyeol nudges him on the side making Baekhyun look down, quickly hiding his pink cheeks.

 

Meanwhile Baekhyun is timidly playing with his fingers - still not looking at the camera, Chanyeol is reading the comments with his mouth opened. A comment caught his interest as he quickly read it whole.

 

”Look, someone thinks you look like a puppy.” Chanyeol shakes Baekhyun a bit. ”Look straight into the camera so they can see your face.”

 

The younger nods and leans closer so his face is the main focus. The laugh behind him makes him smile. ”Oh my god, your whole face screams puppy!” Chanyeol claps his hands as he laughs. He grabs Baekyun’s waist and moves him back to sit down. He was way too oblivious with how that affected Baekhyun so much.

 

In the end Baekhyun let’s Chanyeol talk with his fans alone as he plays with his phone. He did not ignore the fact that Chanyeol was playing on his guitar and Baekhyun almost fainted from the hotness beside him. To be able to witness it all in real life.

 

Everything was going well until Chanyeol got quiet and Baekhyun wondered what he was doing. The face the elder was doing made him furrow his brows.

 

”What is it?” He asked slowly.

 

Chanyeol darted his eyes anywhere but Baekhyun. If the younger wasn’t mistaking he saw Chanyeol blushing.

 

Shrugging he looked at the comments since he got pretty bored with just staring at his phone.

 

But as he caught a glimpse of the comments disappearing in a second his face flushed and he quickly moved aside so he wasn’t seen anymore.

 

[Isn’t he the one you kissed oppa?]

 

[Yes! He does look like him!]

 

[The one at the airport? The bodyguard?!]

 

[Aww~Did he get shy? Come back!]

 

[Oppa….is this true? Are you gay? :( ]

 

The sudden silence was soon gone when Chanyeol began to laugh nervously. 

 

”Y-Yes..he’s the one I kissed.”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widen. Couldn’t that guy just lie?!

 

”No he’s not my boyfriend nor am I gay.” Chanyeol smiles and glances at Baekhyun for any reaction but the smaller was only looking down; his face not being seen. It tugged a bit on his heart as he said those words.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

The v-app ended with a heavy sigh from them both. Eventually the fans stopped asking private questions when Chanyeol begged them to stop and that it’s disrespectful to do so. They immediately apologized. 

 

Aside from that, the songs from Chanyeol’s album got played too but only a bit to not spoil anything. His album will be released June 12th which will be held on Mnet Countdown.

 

But right now he has to prepare for the goodbye stage with his fellow members.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

12th June Tuesday morning 10:32 a.m.

 

Chanyeol is off to mnet countdown to make his awaited comeback. He’s very tired and hasn’t had much sleep since he had been staying at his studio all night. Thinking it was a good idea to start making some music when he knows he has a big day next day.

 

There is no one in the group that came to support him due to the fact that they are pretty busy. Each members have their own schedule to follow and since 12th June seemed to be a not so good day for free time, the members sent him a good-luck video. Even so, Chanyeol was thankful for them still caring. He even got a message from Luhan and Kyungsoo, hoping that he will do well on his comeback.

 

As for Baekhyun.

 

Sadly he couldn’t come with Chanyeol when he had invited him. The younger had only said he was busy and that he’s sorry for not being able to come. What he was busy with, no one will know. Chanyeol with a heavy-heart who expected Baekhyun to come only said it was okay and that there are other times too.

 

Seems like everyone was busy today.

 

Well, to stay focus on his performance his main song to be promoted who is doing well on charts is the song called Heaven. It’s a self-composed song in which he has put lots of effort in it. And what no one knows is that it holds some secrets in it, secrets for only himself.

 

As Chanyeol is walking up to the stage he can already see a glimpse of the exo-l’s and he can’t help but wave and smile to everyone. He’s so happy to finally be able to showcase his own talent and his ability. Because compared to being a solo artist, he doesn’t have the opportunity to sing a lot in their songs. And Chanyeol really loves to sing, especially when it’s directed to a specific person.

 

”Hello!” He greets. ”I’m Park Chanyeol from Exo, nice to finally meet you!” He bows and waves again. ”Today, I’m going to perform the song Heaven. You guys like that song right?” He asks and waits for the loud cheers, which he receives immediately. Exo-l’s has always been good at responding whenever they get asked. He loves his fans so much even though they can be a bit annoying, but not everyone is perfect right? 

 

Except for one.

 

Chanyeol prepares himself; having staffs to fix his mic and the sound mixer backstage. With everything being set the audience turns silent to gain energy through the song.

 

1…

 

2…

 

3…

 

And the loud screams were finally heard as the broadcasting is starting.

 

 

 

♬ Hello angel, you’re like a painting

You’re all I see when I look to the skies.

 

City street lights, even if the lights go out

And the moon disappears, it’s bright because

I have a star that fell from the skies

And it’s you ♬

 

Chanyeol put a lot of feelings into the song, he kept on closing his eyes because it really meant a lot to him. He made sure to make eye-contact with the camera lens to have some connection with the fans that are watching behind the screens.

 

♬ I keep laughing for some reason every night
Even when I close my eyes, I can’t sleep
I spend the entire night with thoughts of you
Your sparkling smile lets me breathe
Probably you, you


I’m sure you have wings hidden behind your back
Anyone can tell you’re my angel
I can fly as long as I’m with you ♬

He opens his eyes again and this time his eyes roams around the audience since he knows the fans loves to have the artist looking at them as they are screaming out the fan chants.

Though this time he stopped at a certain person who looked awfully familiar. And as that person pushed the hoodie back a bit to reveal the face, Chanyeol swear he almost forgot the next lines as he stared with big eyes at the person.

There in the audience was no other than Byun Baekhyun waving around the light-stick with the rest as his mouth is moving — probably saying the fan chants too.

As Chanyeol proceeded to sing the rest of the song, his eyes was now connected with Baekhyun who did not stop smiling.

The reason behind this all? Baekhyun wanted to surprise Chanyeol. Making him think that the smaller was busy but in reality he was not. Baekhyun had for a long time wanted to surprise Chanyeol like this and with luck it seemed to work.

This time when singing, Chanyeol did not sing with just feels. He sang with his heart out. From time to time he had to look at the camera but whenever he had the chance he made sure to look at only Baekhyun who to him was the only one who shined in the whole room.

If Chanyeol had to spill the truth, he would admit that this was by far the best performance he has ever done and it’s all thanks to Baekhyun.

ㆍㅅㆍ

The first thing Chanyeol does when he comes home to his own house is taking a cold shower, to get rid of the dirty sweat and smell. He is tired from being out all day and when finally getting back home he can wear whatever he wants, act like himself. Because let’s be truth, an idol there can’t curse, throw the middle fingers or be imperfection all though it is slowly changing. Chanyeol is not that close to what he is on stage in real life.

He is the person who spills things on his clothes by accident. The one who clumsily stumbles on his own feet. A person who curse all the time, or gets really angry when he’s pissed. He may be a very cheerful person, that he does agree. But he has so many flaws that his fans doesn’t know about and he’s scared to show them. And as an idol you have to have a certain image or else you are doomed.

With having a cold shower and some very comfy clothes, Chanyeol starts stretching on his bed while yawning like a tiger. He looks up at the ceiling and wonders what to do.

That is when he remembers the wonderful moment back then.

A big smile crawls on his face as he quickly dials the number.

He knows that it’s late but hopefully Baekhyun is awake.

”Hello?”

The hoarse voice was definitely an answer to Chanyeol that Baekhyun was sleeping.

”Sorry did I wake you up?”

”No…I was actually about to sleep and I’m pretty tired.”

Yeah sure.

”Oh, maybe I should call tomorrow—”

”No! It’s okay, really.”

Chanyeol smiles but let’s out a heavy sigh.

”I’m happy Baekhyun.”

”Really? That’s great.”

”I’m happy because I saw you there.”

”I came because I’m a fan and needs to support my ultimate bias.”

Chanyeol laughed at that. He thought that Baekhyun is such a cute boy.

”You know, letting out my inner fanboying, or whatever you want to call it.” He added.

”Aren’t you funny?” Chanyeol asks as he laughs again.

Unfortunately for him, Chanyeol missed Baekhyun’s shy smiles.

”I really like the lyrics of Heaven. It’s very romantic.”

Chanyeol smiles widely when hearing that. He doesn’t know how he’s able to do that, but whenever Baekhyun speaks he keeps on smiling like a a creep. It’s a wonder that his muscles hasn’t start cramping.

”Then do you want to participant?”

”Huh?”

”You know, sing with me.”

The line on the other side gets silent.

At first Chanyeol thought Baekhyun was perhaps thinking but then it suddenly got way silent that Chanyeol was starting to wonder if the boy was even alive.

”Baekhyun? Hello, are you dead?”

”Sorry I got shocked.”

Chanyeol chuckled. ”It’s fine. But what’s your answer? Do you want to sing with me?”

”Sure. That would be awesome!” He answered without thinking the consequences.

”Alright. We will first do a video together, like introducing yourself so the fans know who you are and that you will be performing with me.”

 

To be continued.

 

I'm working hard to update more faster since it's holidays and I have so much free time :D

I don't know how the weather is where you live but here in Sweden it's very strange.

We literally have no snow at all, at least a big part of the country. I assume it's because of global warming :/

Hopefully it comes in January because I would like to make a snowman XD 

"Let it snow, let it snow~"

See you soon! :D 

2.5k words