The new journey

My Life As A Fanboy [HIATUS]

When the car had stopped after a long ride the manager walked out and told them he would come back soon. The couple stayed inside there in silence but Chanyeol caught Baekhyun’s stained cheeks when he was looking in the car’s mirror. He turned his body and smiled at the other.

 

”Everything okay?” He asked.

 

Baekhyun smiled as he nodded. ”Perfectly fine!”

 

”Did you cry?”

 

”Yeah but don’t worry this is happy tears.” Chanyeol's smile widened as he turned back.

 

”So my schedule for today is that I have to go to the studio and record a song for a new drama and then I have to go the SM building. I was wondering if you are coming?”

 

Baekhyun looked out from the window, up to the blue sky. ”I think I will stay at home.” As much as he wanted to come along with Chanyeol and see what he does at work he didn’t want to be that clingy type of boyfriend. What if Chanyeol gets tired of him because he’s always around? Who knows…

 

”Alright but if you ever want to see me, call me.”

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

It was rather quiet now that his friends are away. The apartment was dark since no lights were and it was a bit cold too. Baekhyun sighed as he removed his jacket and shoes and stepped into the chilly apartment. He didn’t know what to do, the apartment looked fairly cleaned if he may say so. It’s still early.

 

Suddenly remember his absolute best friends he got an idea. He jumped on the sofa and called Luhan.

 

They planned to meet at a cozy place and the conversation didn’t last that long since Luhan wanted to of course call Kyungsoo to come along too. It’s been awhile since they last saw each other and when Baekhyun saw Luhan coming toward him he couldn’t help but smile widely.

 

”Hi—” His greeting got cut off when he got a hug from Luhan. It felt nice and Baekhyun hugged him back.

 

Gosh, I missed you!” He said and grabbed Baekhyun’s arm as they chose a place for the three of them.

 

”I’ve been a bit busy,” Baekhyun says and Luhan agrees.


”I know I’ve been that too, so much has happened. The struggle of having a celebrity as my boyfriend.” Luhan made a girly hand movement causing Baekhyun to chuckle.

 

”Oh my god Luhan why are you acting like a diva?”

 

Luhan playfully rolled his eyes as he laughed. ”Sehun just rubbed it off on me I guess.”

 

”Oh.” They both laughed until they got interrupted by no other than Kyungsoo who stood there.

 

”Kyungsoo!” They both said loudly and hugged the living life out of him.

 

”Don’t exaggerate.” He said but the two friends knew he was happy too.

 

The trio had ordered a lot of pastries and some smoothies as they were sitting outside in the sun. 

 

”So how has everything been going?” Luhan asked and Kyungsoo answered first.

 

”I wouldn’t say anything special happened,” Kyungsoo said and sipped on his mango smoothie.

 

”That’s it?” Luhan asked with a pout, he had wanted to know more. Kyungsoo is someone with lots of secrets after all. The said guy just shrugged. ”Well~I have been doing a lot of fun things with Sehun if you know what I mean.” Luhan wiggled his brows - specifically at Baekhyun who he knows is sensitive to such topics.

 

”Shut up Luhan,” Baekhyun muttered and took a big bite of his cinnamon bun.

 

”Anyway! What about you Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo asked wanting to know about them too.

 

Baekhyun broke out into a smile as he remembered the plans for his future. ”So I have this dream of opening my own music store. You know where it has lots of instruments, books and all kinds of things related to music.” He explained and the other two listened carefully.

 

”I still have to study music at college to know more about it.” He added.

 

”I’m going to be the first customer just remember it,” Luhan said and Kyungsoo shoots him a glare.

 

”Don’t even think about it.”

 

”Damn, okay satan.” Luhan rolled his eyes.

 

Baekhyun just laughed at them and they continued to eat until Kyungsoo had to bring that question up. The question that caused his heart to jump like it wanted to fly out.

 

”So how’s it going with Chanyeol? I heard from Jongin that he mention you a lot and that you two seems to meet each other a lot.” Luhan looked surprised at Baekhyun but then a smug smile replaced it.

 

”Everything is going well!” Baekhyun cheerfully says and just ends the topic right there.

 

Luhan groans and leans back in his chair. ”Come on don’t act like Kyungsoo. That can’t be it!”

 

”I really mean it though. We’ve had a lot of fun together.”

 

”Like some alone time in bed with the lights dimmed?” Luhan wiggled his brows but gets only smacked on his head by Kyungsoo.

 

”Shut up you bastard.”

 

”I think Sehun made him like that.” Baekhyun states.

 

Well, thanks, Baekhyun I didn’t want to hear it.” Kyungsoo sent him a glare which caused Baekhyun to freak out.


”I didn’t mean it like that!

 

”You guys are overreacting!” Luhan exclaimed. ”Oh right, wanna come and see the guys when they train for the upcoming concert?” Luhan asked.

 

Uh, I didn’t know but sure.”

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

It’s around dinner time and Baekhyun had still not eaten yet, he had decided to clean but his stomach seemed to not want that as it started to make loud sounds. Baekhyun sighed as he walked to his refrigerator and groaned this time. There was literally nothing.

 

So he ended up walking to a small store nearby. He had bought some ramen, vegetable, fruitsrice, milk and some bread. Definitely not fun stuff but he needed to think about his weight, even though everyone else might say he’s fine he still needs to take care of what stuff he puts in his mouth.

 

He was just out of the store when he got a call, startling him a bit. He looked at the caller and saw Chanyeol’s name pop up. He felt excited and so he quickly answered.


”Hi.” He greeted shyly.


”Hey, what are you doing?” Chanyeol’s voice was very deep and tired Baekhyun felt sorry for him. It must be so tiring to do all the work he does. Especially right after he promoted with Exo.

 

”Just bought some food. And you?”

 

”Still at SM building. I feel my eyes close all the time.” Chanyeol breathed out from his nose as some noises were heard from the background. Baekhyun guessed he was changing his position.

 

”When does your work end?”

 

”About an hour? It feels like an eternity.”

 

”You shouldn’t overwork yourself,” Baekhyun said concerned. Even if Chanyeol might have worked for 5 hours what about the next day and when he has to get up early in the morning just to record the music shows? Or when he has to travel to another country with the remaining members?

 

Chanyeol smiled on the other line as he felt touched by Baekhyun being concerned. He felt the need to work even harder for personal reasons.

 

”I know…but I have to sometimes.” Baekhyun could hear someone talking to Chanyeol in the background.

 

”Gosh I can’t even be away for 10 minutes and they’re already calling for me.” Chanyeol groaned tiredly. ”I can’t even talk properly to you.”

 

Baekhyun smiled tenderly. ”You can talk to me whenever you want, I’m always available.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled. ”I know that. You are Byun Baekhyun after all.”

 

They were silent for awhile until Baekhyun heard someone calling for Chanyeol again but this time more firmly.

 

”Guess I really need to go now.”

 

”Of course. Good luck.”

 

”Thanks and Baekhyun?”

 

”Yeah?”

 

”I love you, see you soon.”

 

The line went dead as the only sounds were the beeps. Baekhyun dropped his bag as he felt stunned but still felt his heard almost jump out from his ribcage.

 

Hey, are you alright?” A very old woman asked concerned but Baekhyun quickly came back to reality telling her he was just happy.

 

Not wanting to embarrass himself anymore he quickly walked back to the apartment and let out his giddy feelings alone.

 

ㆍㅅㆍ

 

The next day Baekhyun quickly gathers his stuff in his backpack such as a camera, phone charger and well that’s basically it. Knowing that his friends are just outside the apartment building he gets on the elevator feeling excitement growing inside his whole body. The urge to see Exo practice for the concert, it’s his first time so it’s a new experience.

 

The ride to the stadium took around 1 hour and from time to time Baekhyun would sometimes bother the other two because he was that bored but in the end, he got hit on the head by Kyungsoo.

 

Getting out of the car Baekhyun stood agape as he looked at the unfamiliar arena in front of him. He has already been to several concerts held by Exo but he has never been here since the ticket would be way to pricey and the site would always crash due to the massive of people buying tickets. But now he can finally be here, for free!

 

”Close your mouth before a fly gets inside.” Luhan grinned when Baekhyun sheepishly smiled.

 

As they entered the arena there were people working on the entrance for the fans to stand. But as they got further inside Kyungsoo spotted his boyfriend drinking water. Some of Exo members was by the soda machines like Xiumin, Jongin, Suho, Lay and Chen. They were talking about something funny since they began to laugh hysterically. However they stopped when they noticed the boys, everyone greeted each other and Suho was fast to tell Luhan where Sehun was and the boy leaped away with a big smile. Baekhyun was talking to Lay about the life in China, he had been hearing a lot from Luhan of course but Lay had experienced a life in China in a different way, especially being in Exo. Lay had also talked about Tao and Kris who was also facing lots of difficulties and that they had to work even harder than the rest of the members. Baekhyun felt really bad for them. If he thought Chanyeol overworked sometimes then how much didn’t they overwork?

 

Baekhyun's body suddenly turned around as he got a kiss. His whole face screamed red when he realized that it was Chanyeol who was giving him a passionate kiss in front of everyone.

 

Chanyeol was surprised to see Baekhyun standing there talking to the members, he did not expect him to be here since he had forgotten to tell him about the concert. So much was on his mind. But his heart began to pump blood even faster when he saw the man he loves standing there. By following his heart he had without any shame giving Baekhyun the most passionate kiss he has ever given the boy.

 

Everyone stares at the two of them shocked, of course, the Exo members know about their relationship but they never expected Chanyeol to be this brave. However, Kyungsoo manages to take a quick photo of the two even if he stood there gawked. Of course, Luhan saw it when he came back with Sehun. 

 

”What the hell!?” Luhan is the first to speak as the couple ends the kiss - or more like Baekhyun almost fainting so he had quickly removed his lips from Chanyeol. Luhan looks at them both then at the Exo members who looks calm by now, he doesn’t understand what is going on.

 

”When did you two get together?” Kyungsoo asks with his big eyes showing.

 

Before Baekhyun could answer Jongin and Sehun looks at him. ”You didn’t tell them?” Sehun asks.

 

Baekhyun’s best friends are looking at him with a question face, not getting the situation even though they do. Kyungsoo calms himself down and grabs Baekhyun’s arm, leaving the rest behind as he motion Luhan to follow.