Everlasting Golden Memory

Me and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae placed the flowers down on the grave mound.

It's already been a year that Jessica left and for Donghae, it seemed such a very long time. He wipes the tears at the corners of his eyes and placed his eye glasses back on.

"Yeobo, I can't wait to see you again", Donghae said and struggled himself to sit down beside the grave.

"Just a little more time and we'll be together again", Donghae said and looks up at the sky.

It's such a beautiful day today. Blue, cloudless sky. You would love it, Hae thought to himself.

"After you've left, everyday is such a long day. Just like today, it's the start of summer solstice" Hae said and looks at the mound.

Hae spent a few more minutes then Yeonhae came.

"Appa, Let's go?", she asked. Donghae nods and Yeonhae helped him stand up.

He smiled at her as she placed her arm around his arm.

Donghae looks at his daughter. 

He is just amaze how she resembles her mom. 

Yeonhae looks at her father and smiled at him as she placed her head on his shoulder while they walked back to the car.

I miss mom so much. I know you must be missing her, too, a lot, Yeonhae said to herself as she holds his father's arms tighter.

What I am is because of the two of you, she thought to herself with gratefulness.

Lee's house is crowded and full of people. Krystal and Minho together with their children and children-in law, and their first grandchild are there. Death anniversary ritual is prepared for Jessica and after that, meals were served. Everyone is so loud and nonstop talking with each other. The adults stayed together in the dining table, the young adults grouped themselves in the living room, some little ones run around, some are wailing and mothers calming the little ones.

"Appa, are you tired?", Bada (Sea), who is Donghae's second child, asked him. Donghae nods in reply.

"Must be with the age", Donghae laughs. Minho and Krystal bid him good night and they won't be staying too long, too. 

The rest of Donghae's children, Haneul (Sky) and Geulim (Cloud) kissed their father.

"Kids, say good night to your grandpa", Yeonhae said to the youngsters.

"Good night grandpa", Donghae's grandchildren hug him.

Yeonhae walked Donghae to his room. 

"My legs are getting weak now", Donghae said as Yeonhae helped him sit on the bed.

Yeonhae looked at her father with gentleness.

"Let me massage your legs, appa", Yeonhae said.

You and mom are the best parents anyone could ask for, Yeonhae said to herself. Through her growing up years, together with her three siblings, their parents show their love, guiding them when they were kids, and counselling them when they were teenagers, encouraging them when they were young adults and cheering for them as they became adults. 

Yeonhae took over B&E after her mom retired from work. Bada had been a soccer player, a good one and have already retired from that rigorous sport and has his own business. Sky followed Donghae's path as an idol, and after many years in the entertainment industry, he built his own agency. He is also a composer and songwriter. Geulim is an award winning actress.

"I'm fine", Donghae refused.

"I just need to sleep, I guess", Hae added. 

These are some of the times that Donghae doesn't have a relapse in memory. Times like this, Yeonhae could just wish to spend more time to talk with him. After Jessica passed away last year, Donghae has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and on most ocassions, his memory fails. 

"I'm always beside you. We, Bada, Haneul and Geulim are always beside you. Just call us if you need anything, appa", Yeonhae said and bid her father good night. Tears are on her eyes as she close the door to his room.

"Is father sleeping, eonnie?", Geulim asked. Just a few days ago, she visited Donghae. She always does make a schedule for her father even if she's busy with acting. Her father thought she is Krystal and keeps on talking about Jessica. 

"How is the treatment going on?", Sky asked. 

"The disease is progressing fast. The doctor said a time may come that he will not be able to remember anyone nor do anything for himself", Haneul answered. The atmosphere turned gloomy around the table.

"Hey! You guys", Yeonhae chirped in and placed her arms over her doensaengs (younger siblings). 

"You'll all turn ugly once you shed those tears", the eldest siblings. 

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter