Growing Pains

Me and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah!", Donghae said after Jessica answered his call.

"Are you crazy or what?", Donghae said. He is overseas and is having their group's concert tour. Yoona called him and told him about Jessica being hospitalized.

Jessica sighed but is touched. The last time she checked, she and Donghae have broken up but here is Donghae still worried about her. She smiled.

"I am okey now", Jessica replied. Donghae sighed. 

Jessica is stubborn as always, Hae said in his mind.

"Don't overworked yourself, ara?", Hae reminded her.

"I will meet you when I'll come back, ok?", Hae said.

"See you then", she replied.

"Bring me flowers", Jessica added. Donghae smiled.

"Ara", he replied.

"Don't make us worry", Hae added. Jessica nodded.

"Saranghae", Hae said while waiting for her reply.

"Saranghae", Jessica replied.  

And that's how they get back together after breaking up. They had a fight just a month ago over the most minute things, and they decided to cool off from each other. But after hearing that Jessica got sick, Hae came back to her as fast as he can and Jessica welcomes him in her arms again.

Being bestfriends and having a romatic relationship seems to be difficult for them to handle. Jessica is always demanding and Hae can extend his patience to the farthest but there are times his thread breaks. After he and Jessica got back together after her hospitalization, they bicker more often and their differences are causing the strain to their relationship. Even their friendship of ten years seemed not enough to cover their differences and incompatibility.

They cannot make time for their relationship because of their busy schedule. They are assured with each other because they know each other for a long time already. But eventually familiarity with each other didn't help them either.

They are both silent as they sat facing one another.

Both seeemd to be waiting for what the other will say. They are trying to read each other's mind as no one will talk first. Jessica's phone rang, and it's her manager.

"Oppa, yes. I'll come over to the set now", Jessica answered. She ended the call and sighed.

Donghae sighed. Both are frustrated. Both wants things to work out between them. Both wants to be happy with each other. But there are things that just don't work. 

A love that is against all odds. Aries and Libra. God of war and God of beauty. Mars and Venus. The hero and the idealist.

Jessica stands up and placed something on the table. Donghae looks at her but is not stopping her.

After all the bliss during their first few months of relationship, love isn't enough for them to be together. Could it be that they don't understand each other well? Or they don't know each other enough? Or probably they didn't exert their effort in working things out with their differences until eventually they got fed up and just gave up unconsciously?

Jessica left without saying anything. Donghae remained seated and didn't look at her walking away. He picked up what Jessica left, it's one of the piece of the rings. Nothing was said. Nothing was needed to be said or so they thought. They had to keep at least the respect they have for each other. They both know their friendship cannot be restored as how it was, and that's one of the saddest things. They loved, hurt, broke up and they have to heal.

 

"What's wrong?", Soo Young asked. To Jessica, Soo Young is one of the few people who can tell from Jessica's face if she's feeling ill or not. Jessica tried to act normal about it. She and Donghae have broken up. No big deal. But it's a big deal. He is her friend and now.. Now, they can't even say how they feel about each other.

"We broke up", Jessica said with a bland tone. But Soo Young knows what's behind that tone. Before Jessica would loudly complain and cry right away that she broke up with Hae, but now it's different. It's as if it's the end of the line. Soo Young hugs Jessica. And as much as Jessica tries hard not to, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter