Chapter 35

wonderwall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXXV.

 

**

 

M I N A

 

While I was sick I kept getting messages from Somi, I told her about my condition and she also got worried. She wanted to visit me but I declined since I am not really in a good state to see her. She was persistent though so when I was finally ill free I decided to meet up with her.

 

I nervously knocked on the door anxious of what should I do. After a few seconds she appeared smiling at me. “Hey Mina how are you?” she asked with so much concern. “Come on in.” she moved to the side to let me in.

 

She guided me to the living room and I could already feel the tension building around the air. We both sat down on the couch looking at each other nervously. How can I be calm after knowing that she still loves me after all this time. That what I all thought was wrong and I just assumed things. Why didn’t I even try talking to her before?

 

“Mina..” she started breaking me off my thoughts. She looked worried as she shifted on her seat. “Are you feeling better now?”

“Yeah I am.” I nod my head “I..Somi.”

“Mina I know you’re still confused and you’re probably still mad at me.” she sighed while looking at me “I’ve been messaging you non-stop I.. Mina I just want to explain things to you before I’m too late.”

 

I didn’t say a word as I stared at her. I feel speechless and uneasy I feel like my insides are going to explode anytime soon. “First of all what you probably heard from the rumors before about me and Jackson all those were false. I am not dating him Mina nothing like that happened.”

“What about all those wanting to spend time with him and lying behind my back Somi?” remembering those times I can’t help but feel…mad “Many people saw you Somi.”

“Jackson is only a friend.” She shook her head slightly “He is a very close friend of mine. He only wanted to help me Mina.” This time Somi looked at me with those sad eyes. “I’m ashamed of myself Mina for doing this, for not thinking about it thoroughly but can you blame me? I felt burden Mina.” I didn’t speak at all as I looked at her intently. “Your family accepts you, us.. but how about me? I can’t even tell my father I am gay that I am inlove with you because the last time I tried talking to him about it he shut me off and he threatened to transfer me to another school and I can’t bear that Mina I don’t want to be away from you.” her voice was cracking and I could tell that she’s close to crying soon. “The last time my father saw you he did hurt you Mina I can’t let that happen again. I’m so sorry.”

 

I didn’t know that a tear already escaped my eye. Why am I even crying about this? I should let it all go since it was all in the past. I can’t do anything about it now.

 

“Somi..”

“I love you Mina. I still love you.”

“Why…why are you telling me this now?” she slowly moved to be closer to me. I felt her hands run down my cheek trying to wipe away my tears. “Why’d you have to do this now?”

“Because I love you and I can’t bear being away with you anymore.” The next thing I knew she was already hugging me and it felt familiar. It felt good.

 

--

 

Flashback

 

Mina was so excited when she picked Somi up from her apartment because today she’ll let Somi meet her mother. Her girlfriend was kind of nervous since it’s her first time meeting a family member of Mina.

 

“I am so nervous I could pee my pants!” Somi declared as she tugged on Mina’s hand. “Can we back out? Like I am so scared!” Mina looked at Somi then she laughed at her.

“What are you saying! My mom is nice! And she really wants to meet you!” Mina tightened her hold on Somi’s hand. “She’ll like you don’t worry!”

 

And just like what Mina told Somi her Mom really liked her girlfriend so much. Mrs. Myoui was really nice and accommodating Somi didn’t feel any awkwardness around her. Somi couldn’t be happier that Mina’s mother approves of her.

 

“Somi dear I hope we could see each other soon.” Mrs. Myoui said before bidding her goodbye to the lovers. “Take care of my Mina okay?” she hugged Somi tightly before patting her shoulder.

“I will Mrs. Myoui.” Somi answered politely

“Just call me Auntie.” Mrs. Myoui turned to Mina “Alright you young woman I’m expecting you to be a good girlfriend okay? This one’s a keeper.” She whispered as she hugged her daughter. Mina giggled then she kissed her mother’s cheek.

 

The duo watched as Mrs. Myoui rode her car and sped off the driveway. Mina then turned so she can look at her girlfriend. She had that idiot looking smile on her face. “What?” Somi asked giggling “Why are you smiling like that?”

“Because you finally met my mother.” Mina grinned “I am happy.”

“Aww you dork!” Somi hugged her su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter