Chapter 42

wonderwall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XLII.

 

**

 

Mina was sitting in the bus while her mind was drifting off to a certain someone. She was thinking on how she would apologize to the girl because of her behavior. Will the girl even accept her apologies? What will happen to them now? Will everything fall back into place? Will it be okay?

 

Her thoughts were just cut off when her phone ring flashing an unknown number. Mina contemplated whether to answer or not but after a few rings she just answered it.

 

“Hello?”

 

//

 

 S A N A

 

A day after Tzuyu visited me I really tried my best to go to school. Even if I’m feeling bad with all the happenings around me I still can’t neglect my schooling. I already failed two of my classes I can’t fail anymore.

 

I was about to close my door when I heard a voice. “Sana unnie?”  I looked back and saw Dahyun walking towards me. I gave her a small smile before I gently locked the door.

“Hey Dahyunnie.”

“You okay?”

“I guess I’m much better now.” I lied. I am not feeling any better but I don’t want to bother them anymore. This is all my fault in the first place.

“Unnie I’m really sorry for Somi. I –“

“It’s okay Dahyun-ah it’s not your fault.” I shook my head “Don’t worry about me I’m fine.”

“But –“

“It’s okay – really.”

 

I saw Dahyun sighed loudly. She scratched her nape before looking at me again. “Unnie the things happening now it’ll all pass you know.” She smiled a little. “Just stay strong.”

“Thanks Dahyun-ah.”

 

--

 

When I got into school some of my classmates approached me because they were all worried of my absences. I lied saying that I was sick during those times. Before my last class could end I saw a message from Hanbin asking if we could talk. He was sending me messages during those times but I didn’t reply to any of them. I typed my reply to him saying yes.

 

--

 

“Sana how are you? I was sick worried! What happened to you?” Hanbin asked me when our class ended. He approached me when our classmates all disappeared.

“I was sick. Sorry I couldn’t reply to your messages Hanbin-ah.” He sighed “I’m sorry.”

“You don’t need to apologize – how are you feeling now? are you better?”

 

If only I could say the truth then I’d say I am far from being fine. “Yes.”

“Are you sure? Did you go see a doctor?”

“I’m fine Hanbin-ah don’t worry about me.” I assured him giving him the best smile I could give.

“Alright please always take care of yourself Minatozaki.” He patted my head softly then he smiled at me.

“I will.”

“Would you like to grab lunch together? You look like you lost weight.”

“Sounds good.”

 

//

 

When Mina arrived at the apartment Dahyun was also preparing to go. The two stared at each other for a long time until Mina broke it off by faking a cough. She then greeted Dahyun who shook her head when Mina approached her.

 

“Hi Dahyun-ah.” Mina greeted casually as she looked for her keys. Mina unlocked her door ready to step inside when Dahyun yelled.

“Where have you been Mina?”

“Somewhere.” She answered with a monotone. She entered her apartment while Dahyun followed her.

 

“Wow Mina just wow! Do you know what happened when you freaking went away? You left without saying Mina?! Sana unnie was devastated!”

“What?” Mina looked at Dahyun dumbfounded.

“Ha. You think I don’t know that you fought because of Somi? That you did this runaway because you were too afraid to make a decision for yourself. You’re a coward Mina! You’re hurting them because of your foolishness!”

“Dahyun stop.” Mina sighed.

“No I’m not stopping Mina! You need to hear this! Sana unnie is hurting because of you! Somi is hurting because of you! Why can’t you just make a decision so that this will be over! You think Sana unnie likes being a choice?! And what about Somi? Stop giving her false hopes! Stop this madness Mina! Stop hurting everyone around you!”

 

Mina glared at Dahyun. She grit her teeth as the younger girl spoke hurtful words towards her. “You’re my friend Mina but this – this is bull Mina.”

“Dahyun please go.”

“Tss. Don’t wait for the time that everyone gets tired Mina. You can’t let everyone wait for too long.” And with that Dahyun left the room.

 

//

 

Sana walked all the way to the university gate when she saw a familiar figure waiting behind the gate. Sana instantly smiled when she realized who it was. She ran to the said figure as she enveloped him in a tight hug.

 

“Sana?!”

“Dad!”

 

Mr. Minatozaki smiled as he instantly reciprocated the hug his daughter gave him. He missed her only daughter so much after all those years of not being able to see her.

 

“You’ve lost weight my dear have you been sick?” He asked worriedly while cupping Sana’s cheeks.

“It’s stress Dad.” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter