EPILOGUE

wonderwall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EPILOGUE

 

**

 

5 years later //

 

Sana is on her first year of residency and is actually doing a great job while she was assigned at Japan Hospital Association. She’s been working really hard ever since she graduated from Korea. She didn’t actually think that her 4 years at Medical School would pass by so quickly.

 

During the course of that 5 years Sana had not heard anything from Mina anymore. Ever since she went back to Japan she’s been really busy with her studies. Of course she sometimes felt lonely whenever she remembers Mina. There wasn’t even a single message exchanged all throughout that period of time. Some of her friends at the hospital even that she’s just waiting for nothing but Sana didn’t mind them. She focused her attention to studying but deep inside she was still waiting for Mina. Even if it has been 5 years already there’s still this slight hope in Sana’s heart that wants Mina to come back to her.

 

“Sana-yah are you listening to me?!” Momo nudged her friend who was spacing out during their conversation.

 

Momo and Jeongyeon are now residing in Japan ever since Jeongyeon got hired in a software company. The couple is living together for 3 years already.

 

“I’m sorry what’s that?” Sana looked at Momo.

“I asked if you already have a gift for Chanyeol?”

“Oh I’m sorry well I still don’t have one would you like to go shop for it?”

“Sure!”

 

//

 

It was close to dinner time when the Myoui's went out to dine in the nearest mall. It was also Mina's homecoming dinner since the girl was out of the country for 5 whole years. Everyone in the family especially her parents were excited and happy.

 

"I can't believe it's been 5 years honey. You've grew so much." Her mother gushed as she looks at Mina. The girl cut her hair making it shoulder length. She looked more mature but still beautiful as ever.

"Yeah Mom me too."

"How's your grandmother there?" Her father asked while wiping his mouth.

"Well there's no sign that she's retiring 'coz she's stronger than ever." That made the whole family laugh. Mina has been working for her grandmother's Construction Firm ever since she passed the board exam. Her grandmother was also the one who wanted Mina to go to the US right after the graduation.

"You know your mother Akira she's such a workaholic person."

"So how long will you be staying here Mina?" Kai, her brother joined the conversation.

"I don't know but grandma said that I should assist Uncle Sato here. I think I'll be here for a while." She shrugged

"That's good to hear Mina! I hope you're ready if your Uncle Sato passes his Vice Presidency to you."

"I don't know Dad but if Uncle Sato will do it then I'll accept it."

 

Mr. Myoui nodded his head in understanding. He's just really happy Mina matured a lot and took great interest in their family (his mother’s) business. Mr. Myoui’s mother wanted him to be the next heir but he wasn't really interested with it. The old Mrs. Myoui was delighted when Kai, Mina's older was born since she'll have a grandson who can follow her footsteps but she also got disappointed when Kai took Arts instead. So when Mina took an Engineering course the old Mrs. Myoui was more than excited especially when Mina graduated. She finally found her heir.

 

--

 

"Mom I'll just buy some things in the grocery we'll meet you at the car." Mina said to her parents when her and Kai decided to pass by the grocery first.

"Okay."

 

--

 

"How's London brother?" Mina casually asked when her and Kai were walking along the grocery section.

"It was fun." He answered shortly as he grabbed a box of kitkats. "We'll be in Africa next month for our new project."

"Aww must be fun to travel the world and meet lots of people aye?"

"Yeah and knowing their cultures too."

 

The two talked some more about the things they missed with one another. Mina telling her experiences in US while Kai told her all the places he visited. Mina was happy to hear that his brother is enjoying everything he's doing. She on the other hand feels empty because of a certain someone.

 

--

 

"That'll be 50$." Mina handed her card as she paid.

"Thanks."

 

--

 

The siblings were walking when Mina caught a glimpse of a very familiar person. She halted her steps making Kai look at her weirdly.

 

"You forgot something?" Kai looked at her then he noticed that Mina was staring at someone.

 

He followed Mina's gaze and there he saw a girl leaning down to kiss a little boy. She has jet black hair, pointed nose, and a smile Kai swore could blind him.

While they were watching as the girl kissed the kid a figure of a masculine guy appeared. The girl looked up at him before she smiled widely. They enveloped each other in a big hug and that's when Kai noticed that Mina was already walking ahead of him.

 

"Who's that?" He asked but Mina didn't answer. She just continued walking.

 

He was confused when Mina avoided the girl and went the other way. He has no other choice but to follow her sister weirdly.

 

"What the hell is wrong with that girl?" Kai said to himself.

 

--

 

"I can't believe she has a child already! Why didn't anyone told me?!" Mina whined when they reached the car.

"Who has a child Mina?" Her father asked from the driver's seat.

"Sana." Mina mumbled with a weak voice.

 

Her parents exchanged looks with each other before looking at their daughter. "Sana? The girl from your graduation?"

"Yeah." Mina answered half-heartedly

"Oh real?! That girl is Sana? She looked different!" Kai exclaimed when he realized who the girl really was.

 

Mina didn't answer anymore. She was silent the whole ride home.

 

//

 

"Momo is Mina back here?" Sana asked her best friend while they were walking. Jeongyeon wasn't able to join them for dinner because she was still working.

 

"I don't know, why?" Momo shrugged.

"I thought I saw her at the mall earlier." Sana reasoned

"Wow Sana you miss Mina now? Haha."

"Whatever." Sana rolled her eyes at Momo. "I wasn't able to see it clearly since I was talking to Yuta."

"Ohh."

 

 

//

 

That weekend

 

"Jeongyeon why didn't anyone of you told me!" Mina whined as she settled herself on the couple's couch.

 

Momo and Jeongyeon were surprised when Mina appeared in their front door. They were really happy to see Mina again but their smiles soon turned into confusion when Mina started whining about the news they didn't tell her.

 

"What are you talking about Mina?" Momo asked while peeking from the kitchen. She was preparing some snacks for Mina.

"That Sana has a family now?!" Mina answered and they heard a loud bang from the kitchen. It sounded like a plate had been dropped.

"WHAT???" Momo asked back shouting.

"Babe what was that sound? Did you break something?" Jeongyeon worriedly asked as she shouted back to Momo.

 

Soon Momo appeared with her hands on her waist and looking confused as hell. "What did you say Mina?"

"That Sana has a family now?! I saw her at the mall yesterday Momo!" Mina's voice was sad and she hanged her head low. Momo looked at Jeongyeon but Jeongyeon just gave her a "go with it" face.

"Dude you never asked for Sana. So we thought you won't be really interested with her life anymore." Jeongyeon reasoned as Momo's eyes widen. Jeongyeon glared at her lover then motioned for her to go with what she'll say.

"I know Jeong but -- for the sake of our just being friends before? I mean why did you keep this from me?" Momo rolled her eyes when she saw that Jeongyeon was about to speak again.

"I'll be back you explain to her Jeongyeon." Momo said then she went back to the kitchen.

 

"Dude I know it's hard for you to take this now but you gotta accept it." Jeongyeon was internally laughing on how Mina's face looked so dejected. The short-haired girl just confirmed that her friend still has feelings for Sana. "You still love her after all those years?" Mina smiled before resting her back on the armrest.

"Yeah. I never stopped thinking about her during those times." She closed her eyes as if she was reminiscing something. "I really wanted to be back for her as soon as possible Jeong but I remembered what her father told me."

 

Just in time Momo appeared again holding the snacks and drinks in a tray. She gently placed them in the table while the other two thanked her.

 

"Did you tell Momo about it?" Mina asked Jeongyeon after taking a bite from the sandwich. Jeongyeon looked at Momo before she nodded.

"Yeah."

"And we understand your choice Mina. I know you did it because you really love her and respect her family." Momo smiled

"Yeah but now I'm too late." With Mina's answer Momo can't help but glare at Jeongyeon. So much for making Mina's mood down. Jeongyeon just shook her head and mouthed to Momo that this'll be fun.

"Dude I suddenly remembered this wedding event that me and Momo will be going to! Jihyo will be there too! It'll be nice if you'd join us!" Jeongyeon suggested happily.

"Really? Is it okay if I come?"

"Yeah it'll be really fun." Jeongyeon emphasized on the word fun.

"I guess I'll go." Mina smiled weakly her mind still not able to take off Sana's image with a child and a guy.

 

--

 

The event Jeongyeon told Mina was Jihyo's brother's wedding. The older of the Park sibling is getting married with a Japanese girl so they decided to have a wedding in Japan.

 

--

 

Mina woke up late because she kept thinking about Sana and all the times they were still together. She had a hard time sleeping the night before because Sana invaded her thoughts. If only Mina could turn back time then she'd come back sooner for the girl.

 

--

 

"Ugh ! Now I am late for the party!"

 

Mina cursed when she saw the time in her phone. She's already 15 minutes late and Jeongyeon has sent her 3 text messages already.

 

She hurriedly sent a reply to Jeongyeon that she'd just follow in the reception. She went inside the bathroom not waiting for Jeongyeon's reply.

 

--

 

After taking a quick bath Mina quickly dressed up and put a light make up on. She remembered that the theme was white and blue and so she decided to wear a white dress that she saw in her closet. She paired in with black heels and brought a small pouch. She looked one last time at herself in the big mirror checking if she looked good enough.

 

"I guess I look okay?" She said to herself as she put on some necklace and earrings.

 

A ring from her phone interrupted her moment and that's when she saw Jeongyeon's name. She hurriedly combed her hair and answered the phone while jogging downstairs.

 

"Mom Dad! I'll be out see you later!" Mina shouted when she passed her parents at the living room.

 

--

 

"Where are you Mina??" Jeongyeon asked while Mina drives. Mina was thankful she didn't remove the gift she bought yesterday from the backseat of her car.

"I'm on the way where are you?"

"I sent you the address already! Get your here ppali!"

"Arasso!"

"Alright! Drive safely bye!" Mina chuckled as she hanged up the call. She focused her attention on the road as she drives.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter