Chapter 43 ( END )

wonderwall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XLIII.

 

**

 

Sana cried and cried till she got exhausted and no more tears can fall. She went to the hotel where her parents were staying and cried her heart out there. She didn’t say anything but her parents let her be. They watched as Sana fell asleep because of exhaustion.

 

--

 

The next morning she explained everything to them from how she met Mina and how she fell for the latter. There was no point in hiding since she practically barged in their room crying last night. Her parents were also accepting of Sana’s preference for girls. Her mother tears up when she heard her daughter’s heartbreaking love story. They did nothing but comfort Sana.

 

“You’re our princess Sana stop crying over that girl.” Her father said as they hugged Sana on both sides. “I can’t bear to see my princess crying over a stupid girl.”

“Dad!” she whined as she wiped her nose

“Only time can tell if you and that girl are meant to be dear.” Her mother assured her. “Maybe it’s not the right time for your love yet.”

“Your mother is right. Timing is everything Sana.”

“Thank you Mom. Thank you Dad.”

 

//

 

The next time Sana went back to the apartment Mina’s things were already packed. She wasn’t surprised since Mina already declared that she’s staying away from her and leaving the apartment is the biggest part of that.  

 

“I wanted to at least say goodbye before I leave.” Mina said when Sana entered the room.

“Oh.”

 

Mina started to grab her bags while Sana watched her. There was this thick silence that covered the room until Mina opened the door.

 

“Is this our end Mina is this it?”

 

Sana’s voice cracked but Mina didn’t budge. She smiled at Sana when she turned around. “I’ll see you around Sana.”

 

There was a tear that escaped Sana’s eye.

 

“See you around.” She repeated before she scoffed.

 

//

 

Few days later Mina met up with Somi to have a talk with her. She did find out about the confrontation that Somi did with Sana and it made her even more guilty because Sana didn't deserve all those words Somi thrown to her. When Somi's last class ended she saw Mina standing in the hallway waiting for her. 

 

"Mina?" 

"Let's talk." Mina said with a serious voice. Somi nodded then followed Mina outside. 

 

--

 

"You don't have to say that to Sana." Mina started as she sighed loudly "Somi if there's someone to blame here it's me. She did nothing wrong."

"You're defending her now Mina? She's a snake!"

"Somi stop saying that! If only you explained things to me earlier then this wouldn't happen! Sana has got nothing to do with the break-up you know that! She didn't steal me away from you Somi! You pushed me away!"

"Mina --" Somi was speechless

"Don't ever try talking to Sana like that again! Please respect my decision Somi! Just please don't blame this on Sana. She's suffered enough because of me." 

"I..I'm sorry."

 

They both became silent only Mina's sighing could be heard. She looked at Somi again and walked closer to her.

 

"I apologize too for everything." Mina said as she hugged her "You deserve someone better for you."

 

//

 

2 months later

 

--

 

During those times Sana and Mina met once or twice at school. Most of them were just school events that needed strict attendance. They exchanged smiles but nothing more than that .. it was like they were back to just being acquaintances again.

It also seemed that Mina actually avoided Sana whenever the group goes on a date out. So Sana didn’t ask for Mina anymore, she convinced herself that it’s better that way. She didn’t need to see Mina again and again because it’d just make the moving on part difficult.

 

--

 

“I’m gonna miss you guys so much! I can’t believe this is actually happening! After all those years of hardwork!” Jeongyeon dramatically exclaimed once they finished their clearance papers.

“Don’t be too dramatic Jeongyeon!” Jihyo shook her head

“YAH! If I see you cry or even get teary eyed tomorrow I will punch you square in the face!” Jeongyeon threatened making everyone laugh. The group was seated on the farthest corner of the café. Jeongyeon, Jihyo, Momo, Nayeon, and Mina were present that moment.

“So you and Minatozaki cleared things out yet?” Nayeon asked Mina who was just laughing silently since earlier.

“We cleared things out 2 months ago Nayeon.” Mina dismissed as she sipped on her latte.

“Yeah that’s why you’ve been avoiding her like a plague during those months Myoui very nice.” Nayeon added chuckling

“Okay but why are we not talking about Momo’s special award as the most outstanding performer for this batch!” Mina changed the topic making everyone look at Momo

“OH YES! CONGRATS OUR MOMORING!” Jihyo said with a loud voice

“Awww thank you guys!”

 

--

 

“You thinking about it buddy?” Jeongyeon nudged Mina who was staring at the cars passing by them. The two were waiting for the others outside the parking lot.

“Yeah I think I made the right decision Jeong.” She smiled at the short-haired girl

“Hmmmp.” Jeongyeon playfully put her arm around Mina’s neck. “Yeah maybe.”

 

--

 

GRADUATION DAY

 

Everyone cheered loudly when the President finished her speech. After all those years of hard work this is their pay-off. Every student was ready to toss their graduation cap to the air.

 

“CONGRATULATIONS BATCH 2022!” And with that all the caps were tossed on air. Loud cheering and hollering are heard from the graduates and proud parents who were there.

 

Sana looked at her parents as she gave them her biggest smile. She waved her diploma to them making her father tear in happiness.

 

“We’re so proud of you!” Her father mouthed making Sana’s smile wider.

 

--

 

“GUYS COME ON LET’S TAKE A PHOTO!” Nayeon yelled when the program finished and they were all gathered outside the school gym.

“GROUP PHOTO EVERYONE PLEASE!” Jihyo called once more as everyone gathered in the middle. “Chaeyoung-ah please take a good photo of us!”

“I will unnie! Pease move closer!”

 

Sana and Mina looked at each other before they smiled for the photo. They were on the opposite ends of each other but their gazes still found one another.

 

“1…2…3! SMILE!”

 

--

 

“We’re so proud of you dear!” Sana’s mother kissed her on the cheek.

“Thanks Mom! Thanks Dad!” She hugged them tight.

 

She was all smiles before she turned to the other side and saw Mina with her family. Her eyes met with Mina and they exchanged smiles once again. Her smile soon faded when Somi’s figure appeared as she hugged Mina and her family members. Sana

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter