Chapter 40

wonderwall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XL

 

**

 

“Somi are you okay?” Mina worriedly asked when she arrived at the latter’s home. She carefully checked Somi’s temperature and realized she was burning hot. “What did you even do catching a flu like this?” Mina got up to take a basin and a towel. “Wait here.”

 

She went to the kitchen and took some medicine on the cabinet rack. She also heated some noodles for the sick girl. When she finished all of it she went back to Somi’s room and gently placed the things down on the bed side table.

 

“I’m sorry to trouble you at this time Mina.” Somi said weakly with her tired voice “I guess Yoojung transferred her flu to me.” she chuckled weakly making Mina smile a little.

“It’s okay Somi. Can you eat? So that you could drink your medicine.” Somi meekly nodded

 

Mina carefully fed Somi and helped her in drinking her medicine. She also changed the towel on Somi’s forehead from time to time. Even if Mina wanted to tell Somi this will be the last time she’d do the younger a favor she kept it to herself first. She’d let the younger girl get better first before clearing things with her. She didn’t want to hurt the younger more.

 

--

 

The next morning Mina woke up with a pain in her back. She practically slept while seating down as she watched Somi sleep. She stretched her body a little bit before she cleaned up the mess she made last night. She also prepared some breakfast for the sick girl.

 

“Mina?” Somi called from under the covers. Mina walked towards her then touched her forehead if she was still hot. “I’m feeling much better thank you.”

“That’s good.” Mina smiled. “Here I made some breakfast for you.”

“Thank you.”

 

--

 

“I need to go now Somi. I still have classes later.” Mina said when she finished all the works for Somi.

“Mina I really appreciate this.” Somi got up from the bed as she hugged Mina. The older stiffened at the contact but she let Somi hug her. “Thank you.”

 

Mina ran her hand up and down Somi’s back as if comforting her. When they pulled apart from each other she looked at Somi’s eyes straightly. “I hope you’d understand me Somi.” Mina sighed. “I think it’s better if I keep my distance from you for a while. I just need to fix the things I messed up. You’ll always be my friend Somi. I’ll always have your back remember that.”

“Mina.”

“Let me fix everything first.” She smiled weakly “It’s for the best.” Somi nodded.

 

--

 

When Mina got back in their apartment Sana was already gone. She picked some of her clothes and placed it on a bag. She needed some time alone to think things through so she decided a little time off with Sana and everyone would be the best. When she finished packing she left a note on Sana’s table.

 

Sorry but I need to think things through first.

 

-Mina

 

//

 

Jihyo was surprised when she saw Mina standing in front of her doorway as she was about to go to school. Mina smiled at her weakly but Jihyo knew there was something wrong with the way Mina’s eyes looked so solemn.

 

“Mina are you okay? Is there something wrong?” Jihyo worriedly asked when she walked towards her. She pulled Mina in for a hug.

“I’ll be out for a few days just wanna say goodbye ‘coz I don’t want all of you to worry.” Mina chuckled.

“Why what happened?” Jihyo looked at Mina and that’s when she realized the tired look on Mina’s face.

“Just need to get my together Jihyo-ah don’t worry about me.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah. Please look out for Sana while I’m not here.”

“Mina…”

 

//

 

“Do anyone of you know where Mina is?” Jeongyeon asked everyone on the table while they were having lunch. Jihyo looked at Jeongyeon shaking her head. “Really? How about you Sana?”

 

Everyone shifted their attention to Sana who has been awfully quiet throughout the conversation. She seemed to be dozing off Dahyun had to poke her arm to get her attention back to them.

 

“Sorry what?” she looked surprised Jeongyeon shook her head.

“Nothing.” Jeongyeon continued eating her food “I wonder where could that girl’s be aish.”

“You can’t look for someone who doesn’t want to be found Jeongyeon.” Nayeon said mindlessly making everyone look at her especially Sana. “What it's true? What's the point of finding her when she's doesn't want to be found in the first place.”

 

 

//

 

2 days turned 3 to 5 to a week and Sana had been really worried. She felt guilty and lonely because of Mina’s departure she spent all day on the apartment crying and bawling her eyes out. She didn’t realize that she needed someone’s presence that much until Mina left. She felt as if Mina took a part of her with her. She doesn’t even have the appetite to eat because all she could think of was Mina’s condition. Her classmates had been also worried because she skipped school activities and exams on that week span.

 

--

 

“Minatozaki Sana?” Mr. Kim called but no one raised a hand or even answered. He placed the exam papers down before he called another student. “Kim Hanbin?” Hanbin raised his hand then Mr. Kim handed him his papers.

 

Hanbin looked at Sana’s desk worried on what can be the cause of the girl’s absence. He tried contacting Sana too but she wouldn’t answer her phone.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter