Chapter 39

wonderwall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

XXXIX.

 

**

 

Sana tilted her head when Hanbin leaned closer to her face. She avoided his gaze as she looked around anywhere except Hanbin.

 

“I’m sorry Hanbin-ah.” She mumbled as she kept her head low. Hanbin sighed as he combed his hair with his hand.

“Is there someone now Sana?” he asked calmly. Sana didn’t know how to answer so Hanbin had to hold her chin to make her face him. “Am I late now?”

 

Sana kept silent making Hanbin sigh loudly again. “I waited Sana I guess that was all nothing to you?” he laughed bitterly making Sana feel guilty.

“Hanbin no.”

“Then what? You know I really like you Sana! Ever since our freshman year I’ve always told you that! I waited.”

“I am sorry Hanbin.” Sana started to cry, the tears pooling on the side of her eyes were falling slowly. “I didn’t know it’d come to this! I like this person so much and it was so sudden I didn’t know I already fell for it.”

“I guess I am late.” He chuckled bitterly.

“I’m sorry Hanbin.” Sana looked at him apologetically. She moved closer and hugged him. “I didn’t want to hurt you I’m really sorry.” Hanbin hugged her closer. Even if Sana broke his heart the second time he doesn’t have the guts to be mad at her. Sana had always and will always hold a special place in his heart.

“It’s okay.” he caressed her hair as Sana relaxed in his embrace. “I can’t believe I’m saying this again for the second time.” He chuckled. “I will understand your decision Sana as long as it makes you happy then I’m happy too. I hope you’re making the right decision.” He pulled off from the hug suddenly and looked at Sana’s eyes. “If that person tries to hurt you don’t hesitate to tell me I will teach that person a lesson alright?” Sana chuckled at that while Hanbin wiped her tears away. “I guess this is really our goodbye?”

“Hanbin-ah.”

“You were the best thing that’s never been mine.”

 

//

 

Mina didn’t know why she went there, she just let her feet drag her into the place. She was now standing there contemplating whether to knock on the door or turn away. The scene replayed in her mind earlier and she felt herself gritting her teeth. She didn’t know she was clenching her fist into a ball that her knuckles were turning white already.

 

A few seconds more until the door swung open revealing Somi holding a trash bag in her right hand. The younger girl was obviously surprised with Mina standing in front of her door. “Mina? What are you doing here?”

 

Mina didn’t think of anything anymore she walked closer towards Somi and held her cheeks smashing their lips together. It startled Somi she dropped the bag she was holding to the floor. She didn’t respond at first but Mina was persistent Somi ended up responding to the kiss.

 

They stumbled backwards as Somi searched for the knob of the door. The next thing they knew they were entering the house not letting go of each other’s lips. Mina laid Somi on the sofa as they both panted from the lack of oxygen.

 

“Wha..what are you doing Mina?” Somi asked breathless but Mina smashed their lips together in a hungry kiss.

 

Mina’s mind were clouded with thoughts of Sana. She was kissing Somi yes but her mind is betraying her by flashing Sana’s images as they kissed. It was unfair for Somi she immediately felt guilty. She slowly moved away from Somi her eyes were full of regret.

 

“I’m sorry.” she said as she looked away from Somi.

“Mina.” Somi reached for her hand as she intertwined them together. Mina looks at her with a frown.

“I shouldn’t have done that.”

“It’s okay.” Somi assured squeezing Mina’s hand for comfort.

“I should go Somi.” Mina got up from the couch but Somi tugged at her hand not wanting her to go. Mina sighed loudly as her guilt consumes her. “That was a mistake Somi I shouldn’t have done that. I’m really sorry I was out of my mind.”

“Can’t you just stay Mina?”

“It’s best if I go.” Somi didn’t let go of her wrist yet. “Somi I really need to go.”

“Can’t we be friends Mina? Can’t you at least stay as my friend?”

 

//

 

Sana waited and waited till Mina comes home but there was no sign of it. Sana looked at the clock and it reads 3:15 AM. She was worried since Mina hasn’t responded to any of her messages or calls. She didn’t know where the girl could be. Sana asked their friends but none of them knows so Sana concluded that she may be hanging out with Somi again. She didn’t want to be angry with her but with the way Mina is acting Sana can’t help but feel irked.

 

She got up from the bed as she tried to call her again but just like her attempts earlier it failed. She dropped her phone to the bed as she stared at the door. “Where the hell are you Mina?!”

 

//

 

The next morning when Sana woke up she caught sight of Mina who was already dressing up. She slowly got up the bed making Mina look at her. They were just looking at each other with no words spoken out. Sana could feel the tension building up she faked a cough.

 

“What time did you come home?” Sana tried to sound nice. She didn’t want another fight to ensue with Mina.

“It was late you’re already sleeping when I got here.” Mina answered in a casual manner. Sana fought the urge to roll her eyes with Mina’s attitude but she maintained her composure.

“You didn’t even respond to my messages or my calls Mina. I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter