Chapter 30 : Mysteries.

Butler's Love

Taemin's POV

What was that pain in my head. What was all those cards. What was happening? Who is he?

 

I took out the playing cards that the Junghwan guy gave me. I was in my room, alone. It's past midnight already, and I'm pretty sure that Hyuna is already asleep. I'm in need of some sleep, but I just can't. So many things going on in my head, those that was said by Junghwan. Jung Yunho? 

 

Argh. It hurts, whenever I think about that name, it hurts. I opened the pack, the loose pack showed that not all the cards are there. I poured the cards on the table, only to see something creepy.

 

All the cards were Joker. I stood up from the chair. 

 

What is this?!

 

There were around 35-ish cards there. Black and red jokers, all of them. I saw a strange one though, ah, an ace!

 

On top of it seems like a plastic layer that was peeled a bit at the corner. I found it strange, so I peeled it, and weirdly, there was writing shown of the now paper layer of the card, right in the middle of the black spade, shining under the light. 

 

Not to serve but to fight.

 

What does that means? Is this a secret message?

 

------------------------

The next day, I went out of my room a bit late than the usual time. Oh my, I should prepare breakfast. I jumped out of my bed and unlocked the door, to see my lady preparing the tea set on the table. 

 

"How are you?" She asked me, concerned. She might be able to see my sleepy eyes. "Hey, that's my job you're doing there." I ran to her. She almost dropped a glass, see, I knew she can't do these kind of things well!

 

"Huh, I kind of hate that part of you sometimes." She looked at me then took a seat, giving up. I examined all the things she did while I was asleep. The tea set was almost ready, I checked if the tea was alright. All okay, spoon, plates and ... what is this?

 

"This is...?" I eyed her while looking at something that looked like a burned bread, black bread, a real burned down bread.

 

"It was supposed to be a toast, okay. It was just a... trial. Just make me a new one would you." She defended herself. I chuckled, she is now was softer toward me, sweet even. "Wow you made a great one!" I . Her cheek became red but for once she didn't reply me. Hey that makes me feel bad, she usually would give me rude remarks.

 

While I was walking toward the kitchen, I saw the clock, showing a number that surprised me. "Hey, isn't this supposed to be school day?!" I asked her, almost screaming. It's almost 11 already!

 

"Well, yeah but I am late, you are late, so what's the point." She shrugged. I couldn't say no to that, though. 

 

 

Hyuna POV

Good thing he doesn't seem to be as bad as yesterday. I sighed. He was so blank yesterday. I saw expressions I never saw before.

 

I heard a few knocks at the front door. Taemin heard it too and rushed toward it. "Oh, Jonghun hyung." He said. He opened the door and welcomed him. Jonghun let a deep sigh at the view of Taemin in front of him. "You're here." Jonghun said.

 

"Yeah, why?" Taemin replied and let him in.

 

"Erm, where were you yesterday?" He asked, I can see clearly he was worried about something. Taemin looked at me, wondering whether he should tell him what happened yesterday. I just looked at him back, what happened yesterday was about him, he should decide whether he wanted to tell or not.

 

"You might want to take a seat first, hyung." Taemin opened the door wider and let Jonghun went in. 

 

Taemin served Jonghun the tea I made, only to get a weird look after Jonghun took a sip of it. "Did you make it?" He asked Taemin. Taemin smirked and took a glance to me, which I ignored. Was it that bad? I think the tea was just the same.

 

"That young lady did." Taemin answered. 

 

Jonghun put back his serious expression once again, "Well, Taemin where were you?" 

 

"I-I was... well someone called me." 

 

"Who did?"

 

"I thought it was from Butler Association, but turned out it wasn't."

 

I can see Jonghun's body tensed, his eyes completely locked on Taemin, waiting for him to continue, and so he did. "This guy was Junghwan..." 

 

As soon as Taemin spoke those words, Jonghun eyes widened. "What did that guy tell you?"

 

I grew scared at the sight. Jonghun has never been like this. He has always been so calm and collected. What's happening?

 

"About Jung... Jung Yunho..." Taemin answered after a few seconds of silent. I can see he was just as scared as I was, looking at how worried and angry Jonghun is.

 

Jonghun didn't replied, though. He tried to digest whatever was happening. He tried looking at me and Taemin, but when we didn't speak a word, he let a sigh. 

 

"Taemin, do you understand what he has been talking about?"

 

Taemin shook his head. "No, I don't."

 

"Hyuna, I'm sending you to live with Jiyeon and their family for now, I'll inform your parents. I need to do something with Taemin." Jonghun concluded. I cannot believe what he said, why all of a sudden?

 

"Why? I want to know what happen!" I didn't realise I raised my voice, but I don't care. I was mad. Why am I being left alone in the dark? 

 

"I'll let you know. But not now, you understand this, right?" Jonghun assured me, the same look he always gave whenever I was crying alone.

 

I gave him a small nod. I looked at Taemin who was looking just as confused as I was. He gave me a sad smile. I hope everything is going alright.

 

---

I was actually really surprised at the congrats comment I got! Thank guys! :D I didn't even know I was random featured hehe :) Thanks for sticking with this story even with such an irregular update! :D