Chapter 36

Dust of an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCJ10QcaUes

He was always curious about that girl.

Lee Jinki, the boy leader of SHINEE, reflected quietly while walking with his other members going to the gym for Minho’s game.

He remembered the first time he met her with Donghae-hyung. She was so reserved, shy, and so calm, too. He must say, she had unique kind of charm that he hadn’t found on girls these days. The incident during the welcoming ceremony and the sudden look of great concern with his hyung towards the girl intrigued him about Seohyun even more. He tried searching for any background information about her previous school and whatsoever. But it seems like someone was blocking his attempt to find more about her.

Onew folded his arm, and placed a hand under chin, ‘But why?’

His thoughts suddenly got interrupted when KEY, who’s flailing like a kid, had hit him on the arm.

“Why must you drag me out on a weekend? Its our only day to rest!” KEY continued whining a like a brat.

Jonghyun playfully hit KEY’s arm, “How could say that? Of course, our Minho is playing and we’re his supporters”

“Who would want to go to a stupid game anyway?! It would be full of girls screaming and jumping like idiots.”

“I’m hungry. Are we going to eat afterwards?” Taemin scratched his head as he made a big yawn. The little crowd of girls that somehow followed them, chuckled at the cute gesture of their maknae.

His phone suddenly vibrated,

Noona neomu yep~ He immediately answered the call and brought it to his ear.

“Hello?”

“Onew-goon! Its Jenny-noona!”

“Oh, noona!”

“Hyung! Hurry up!” Jonghyun called to him.

Onew covered his phone, “Save me a seat!” Then, he gestured them to go in first. He turned to a small corner near the entrance of the gym.

“Hello?”

“Still here.”

Onew smiled, “So, noona, were you able to find out anything about the medicine I showed you?”

“That…” Onew smile faded and he listened intently in every word the pharmacist was saying. He started to put things together and his face said that he had just solved the pieces altogether but there are still questions attached.

“Onew-goon? Are you still there?” The woman called out sweetly.

Onew snapped out, “Yes? What was that again?”

“I’m asking you if you’re the one who’s taking this? Could it be your health is deteriorating already?”

“No, uhmm... its not mine. I’m just curious if my friend was taking the right meds,” Onew answered as calmed as possible, so as to not arouse the gossiping side of his friend-noona.

“Your friend? Is it a male or a female? He’s taking those at this young age?”

‘Oh no,’ Onew mentally slapped his head. ‘Here she goes again’

“Aaw, poor kid.”

“Uhmm… noona, I will go now. Minho’s game is about to start”

“Aigoo… Okay okay. I will send you more supplements so that you won’t get sick. Understand?”

“Deh.”

“Don’t forget to send my regards to the others, okay?”

“Okay! Thank you so much! Bye~” When Onew heard her end call, he slid the lock on his phone.

“Hyung!” Onew literally jumped at the sudden touch on his shoulder. He ly to face Taemin. “KEY-hyung says we might get squished if we won’t enter the gym now,” he continued while looking at him with sleepy eyes, clearly not aware that he had scared him.

‘This kid!’ Onew wanted to scold him for sneaking up on him like that but Taemin’s innocent-looking eyes prevented him to. He can’t help but sigh, “Arasso”

He followed the maknae as they made their way to the gym seats where Jonghyun and KEY were already sitting comfortably. As they came nearer, he noticed the company that they actually had.

“Good day, sunbaenim” Dongwoon bowed at him. Seohyun and another girl also bowed at him. He smiled back at the group.

“What took you so long?” KEY asked annoyingly.

Onew laughed awkwardly so he wouldn’t have to answer the diva’s question. The buzzer sounded. Then, he carefully looked sideways at Seohyun who was wearing that usual warm smile of hers.

**********************

“You really shouldn’t be up here,” Sunny pouted.

“What do you mean? Where am I supposed to sit, then?” Seohyun turned to Sunny her friend who accompanied her to watch the game. Well, not just her. Dongwoon also decided to come along when he heard them talking about it yesterday.

“There.” Sunny pointed at the player’s benches. “You’re supposed to be sitting there,” whispered as she gave Seohyun the knowing look.

“Aah… I already had everything prepared. Besides, Kwangsu already said that he will do all the work to avoid rumors,” She answered before yawning for the 4th time. Those presents had gotten her worked up all night and was only able to sleep only for 1-2 hours.

“Are you okay?” Dongwoon leaned to her ear.

She looked at her other side and nodded at him, “Yeah.”

“You look so sleepy.”

But before she could answer back, Sunny interrupted. “She stayed up all night preparing their gifts,” she pointed at Seohyun and at the bulking bag beside her.

Seohyun playfully hit her friend for being nosy.

“You should have stayed in bed, then.” Dongwoon said with concern.

“Don’t be silly,” she turned to look at the players. “I wanted to support them, even though it’s not enough to compensate at what I did.”

She smiled at Dongwoon, “And, it’s not really proper if I will go back to the dorm while the team is working hard. Besides, I could just sleep it off later.”

When Jonghyun’s smiling face suddenly popped beside Dongwoon, “Hey guys! Annyeong, Seohyun-ah!”

Though a bit startled, the younger ones immediately stood and curtsied to him. Then, they saw KEY looking all so annoyed and the younger guy, Taemin, was it? If Seohyun’s memory served her right, was looking so groggy.

The girls sitting around them started to murmur and giggle upon seeing the three young men near them.

“Were there occupants in these?” Jonghyun pointed at the five empty gym seats

“No one, hyung,” Dongwoon immediately answered.

Jonghyun smiled, “Great!”

He immediately let KEY enter the row first, allowing him to sit beside Dongwoon. Before he followed, Jonghyun smiled and waved to the girls, making some of them squeal. Then, Taemin silently sat on the seat.

“Hey, there, Kibum!” Dongwoon raised his hand at him.

‘Kibum?’ Seohyun turned to the two. She watched as KEY unexpectedly accepted Dongwoon’s hi-five. She was expecting KEY to ignore the guy or rant at him like the way he did before. (Chapter 16)

Sunny, sensing her friend’s confusion, immediately came to her aid. “Those two are best friends,” she whispered.

Seohyun’s eyes widened with shock. ‘Didn’t see that coming.’

“Yah, Taemin! Go and get Onew-hyung outside. He will get squished by everyone like a cockroach if he won’t enter right now.”

Taemin let out a yawn before getting up.

‘Gosh! He’s so cute’

‘He’s like a kitten’

Random girls suddenly mumbled from their seats.

“Dongwoon, it’s a shocker that you’re here.” KEY lowered his voice so that the only the two of them could hear.

“Why’s that?”

Then, the movement on his other side caught their attention.

“Careful with the water,” Dongwoon smiled warmly at Seohyun as he handed the bottle cap.

KEY raised his eyebrow, carefully analyzing his best friend. He looked at Dongwoon, “I didn’t know you’re a fan of basketball.”

“What do you mean by that? I have always loved basketball. I just wasn’t able to express it until now.”

“The school’s team fan?” KEY neared his mouth on his ears, “Or their manager’s fan?” Like a confirmation, Dongwoon immediately blushed and his ears were all red.

‘KYAAA!!’ The girl from behind screamed.

The two were surprised. They looked behind to see her all red and fainted on her friend’s arm. Did she hear their talk?

“Don’t worry, she’s fine” the girl who seems to be also her friend, assured. “She just ships you two” the girl immediately turned beet red as soon as the words left .

Disgruntled, KEY rolled his eyes and sat back comfortably on his seat. Dongwoon, on the other hand, smiled at her before he sat comfortably. Then, he saw KEY’s scrutinizing eyes directing to him, to which he answered with a cough.

“You, okay?” Seohyun looked at him.

Before he could answer, Taemin and Onew had already arrived to take their seats.

 

The buzzer resonated all throughout the gymnasium. Screams and cheers everywhere. It sounds as if the roof of the gymnasium will collapse.

Seohyun watched as the opposite team walked out onto the court. Their colors, Seohyun had to admit, were really cool. Their dress attire consisted of silk tops of a creamy gold with red siding going from just under the armpit down the side. On the left bottom corner of the shorts a decoy of their sporting figure stood out. It was a hurricane of sand wearing a pair of sunglasses.

On the other hand, the SMent’s uniforms were also a silky material. Their main colors were black and pink, their side color was white. Their uniform was all black with pink siding. White, t the sides of the pink, their decoy, which was a black cougar, rested on the back of their jersey, in-between the shoulder blades.

“Minho's the hottest jock here!” A girl squealed loud enough so that Minho himself could hear. The girl near her giggled nudging her on the side, “No, Yoseob is overly cute!” she fumed. The two girls continued to laugh taking secret glances at the two boys.

It was true for the most part. All the boys couldn't walk into the school without a whole bunch of people turning their heads.

However, the boys weren’t concerned with that at the moment.

“This is reall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter