Chapter 11

Dust of an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you sooo much twinkleprojects for the effort of making a second poster for my story ^.^

Please subscribe, comment and support this story. KAMSAHMNIDA ♥

***************************************************************************************************

 

Seohyun ran as fast as she ever had in her whole life. She reached her dorm and heaved a relief breath. Then, she could feel her heart racing and found herself out of breath. She clenched her left chest and moved towards her drawer. She pulled out two pills and reached for her bottled water.

 

“Hey, are you okay?”

Seohyun jerked and turned around, only to see Yoona coming out from the bathroom with a towel hanged on her shoulder.

“Yeah. Everything is fine. I’m just taking some medicines for headache.”

“Are you sure?”

 

Seohyun nodded and simply took the pill as if she’s not hurting at all.

“Have you eaten?" Yoona asked.

 

“I’m really hungry right now.”

 

“Good! Cuz, I just received a packed box full of fruits and Kimbap from my dad. He sent it over. Come on.”

 

“Oooh… Thanks.”

 

------------- THE NEXT DAY ----------------

 

Seohyun went to her usual seat the next morning beside the window. She saw Chansung walking towards his seat. She looked back,

 

“Good morning, Chansung~sshi.” Seohyun greeted with a smile. It already became a daily basis for Seohyun to greet him. Even though, Chansung didn’t make any attempts of apology during their first day encounter, Seohyun still wants to continue to have a good-friend relationship with him. He is, after all, the only guy she knows in their class.

 

Chansung, again, didn’t make any attempt to respond to her. But one thing is different today.

 

“Where were you yesterday?” He asked with his deep voice.

 

“Yesterday? What do you mean yesterday?” Seohyun asked pretending that she doesn’t understand what he was talking about.

 

“You didn’t attend any of your classes yesterday, did you?”

 

Seohyun looked at him with wide eyes.

 

“Whaa~ How~”

 

“Though, I saw you running so fast yesterday afternoon.”

 

“Aaahh… aha… well, I ran some sort of trouble. But it’s all right now.”

 

Before he could ask furthermore, to Seohyun’s relief, the teacher entered the room.

 

>>>>>>> BREAK TIME <<<<<<<<<

 

Seohyun is sitting at the bench reading a book while waiting for Sunny. Suddenly, a girl with short dark hair came up to her,

 

“Hi! Would you mind if I sit with you?”

 

“No. Not at all.” Seohyun said as she scooted for more space.

 

“I’m Nicole by the way. We’re classmates on the third period.”

 

“I’m-

 

“I know. You’re Seohyun, right?”

 

Seohyun looked at her with a questioning look.

 

“How did you know my name?”

 

“News travels fast. So, uhmm, do you have anyone to hangout with?”

 

Seohyun shook her head, “I'm with my friend."

 

"Is that a 'he' or 'she' ?"

 

"There she is." Seohyun said as she looked at running figure of Sunny.

 

"Seohyun-ah, miyanhe. Did you wait long?" Sunny apologized with an aegyo.

 

"I didn't."

 

"Oooh... Look who do we have here. If its not Limpy Sunny."

 

Sunny started to look towards the nosy girl with widened eyes.

 

"You're lucky to have been able to continue your studies here in SMent," Nicole walked near to the cowering Sunny, "considering the status of your family."

 

Nicole smiled even more when she saw the girl freaking out. She, then, turned her attention to Seohyun.

 

“So Seohyun, if you want, you can hangout with us. Of course, only if you’re alright with it.” Nicole shot her a curious look.

 

Seohyun  who's been silent the whole time simply answered,

 

“I’ll think about it.”

 

“COOL! Just look for me if you have the answer.” Nicole said as she started to walk away with hands on her uniform's pockets.

 

Seohyun turned her attention to Sunny, who's still shaking.

 

"Hey, Sunny, you okay?" Seohyun put her arm around her and guided her to take a seat on the bench.

 

After a few minutes, Sunny seems to have calmed down,

 

"I didn't get in this school because my father is a CEO of a company or my mother is a famous pianist. I got in this school because of my own hardwork and perseverance."

 

Sunny slowly looked at Seohyun with her once happy eyes.

 

"I got bullied since I came in this school. They kept on saying that I'm different." Sunny said as tears started to form on her eyes.

 

Seohyun reached for her friend and hugged her tightly. She closed her eyes and let the old memories flow,

 

 

"Seohyun, we don't want you."

 

"Ugly people like you should just rot and die in darkness."

 

"Stop acting like a good girl!"

 

"WEAK! Haha! WEAK GIRL!"

 

"Hiding behind your mother again?! Haha! Weak weak weak!"

 

Seohyun patted her friend, "Sunny, everything is going to be all right."

 

A truth that she once believed was a lie.   

 

 

"Sunny, do you want to eat ice cream?" Seohyun enthusiastically asked. Sunny smiled and responded to her friend with a silent nod.

***********

While going to her last class for the day, she was suddenly stopped by a masculine voice she immensely wants to forget.

 

“Seo JooHyun? Is that you?”

‘Why does everyone knows my name?’

Seohyun pretended not to hear him and continued to walk faster.

 

“Wait! Stop! Seo JooHyun, I want to talk to you,” He said as he approached her.

 

The moment when their eyes met she thought that her heart had almost jumped out from . She had never seen such a beautiful man before. He had a face of a flower, an androgynous type. Looking at those beautiful face increased her blood pressure.

 

Seohyun couldn't calm herself down and started to run once again.

The school had become so quiet that she could only hear her own footsteps.

Finally she stopped and panted. It had been like decades since she had been running in such a pace.

 

She understood that it was very impolite to push people away, especially the one who went through troubles helping her out, taking care for her. She was brought up with courtesy and grace.

 

"Hey…" the familiar voice called from behind.

She didn't expect that he would pursue her. Without saying a word, Seohyun ran away from him for the third time.

 

So occupied by the fear of getting caught by her pursuer, Seohyun didn't notice that she had already reached the stairway. When she realized that, it was too late. She could no longer stop.

 

"Oh no…" it seemed like her body was thrown into the midair, her long hair flowed freely from behind.

She'd expect a hard fall in a while. She shut her eyes tight. To her surprise she felt like as if she's being cushioned when she landed face flat.

 

"Are…are you alright?" a voice murmured softly at the side of her ear.

 

Her eyes widened, lying beneath her was the person who chased after her. She was now lying on top of him, his arms securing her waist, protecting her from getting injured.

 

For the second time, he saved her.

 

"Are you alright?" he asked again.

 

"I'm fine," she replied feebly.

 

"Good," He smiled with his dimples showing. "But I don't think I am…" he let out a soft chuckle.

 

At this moment Seohyun thought despite she can clearly sees his expression for being in pain due to the fall, he was still smiling at her.

 

"Well…would you mind getting off me now. I can't breathe steadily in such position…" he continued with his voice becoming so soft beneath those heavy breathe.

 

"AH? I'm SORRY!" Just when she was about to get off from him, a group of people exclaimed loudly from behind.

 

"SIWON!"

 

Both of them turned around to face those people.

 

Siwon had not expected that his teammates would witness him in such beaten state and worst, being caught in such an awkward position. To his comprehension, the guys would even act irrationally whenever they see any girl that stayed near him.

 

Just when the Basketball players were about to approach their Vice Captain to help him up, another stern voice called out to stop them for moving forward.

 

"Stop, stop, stop, stop it right there!" The man ordered.

 

"Seohyun!" Donghae cried while dashing towards the team, overtook them and he spread open his arms to prevent the group from taking a further step towards the couple.

 

All of them were taken aback upon registering the person who stopped them, "Donghae? What's the meaning of this? Why are you with Yunho-sunbaenim?"

 

"What are you guys trying to do with that threatening expressions?" the man reprimanded.

 

"Mr. Jung... Oppa..." Seohyun instantly recognized the men who stood and sheltered her from the group of blood boiling young players.

 

With that allowance of time, she immediately got off from Siwon. She noticed that Siwon's face was getting paler. He had been clutching on one of his leg for sometimes.

 

'Could it be…a fracture?' Seohyun thought fearfully.

 

'This happened because of you! You're good for nothing but a troublemaker'

 

"Seohyun-ah" Onew, who came with Donghae, instantly turned around to check if she's alright.

 

"Oppa..." Seohyun called Onew, which shocked him for being called 'Oppa', as she clutched on his uniform.

 

"Please…please help him…" her expression showed her concern over the young man lying next to her.

 

"Please…please…" her tears made her looks so fragile, as if even by the slightest touch she would fall apart.

 

"I'll be okay…please don't cry anymore…" despite of the pain he endured, his trembling hand moved over to her teary face with gentleness.

***********************HOSPITAL*****************************

 

Dojoon came with his group to the lounge attached to the Emergency Ward. Surprisingly, the Soccer team who heard of what happened to their friend, Siwon and Seohyun also showed up in the hospital.

 

"Excuse me…" she called, jittery with anxiety.

 

The Captain ignored her as he continued to pace towards the entrance of that particular ward.

 

"I'll stay until Siwon comes out," he confirmed. "The rest of you can go to the dorms first."

 

"No, we'll stay too," Wooyoung  affirmed and that speaks for the rest of the team members.

 

Dongwoon, who'd been worried ever since he heard about what happened approached Seohyun.

 

"Seohyun, are you all right?"

 

Wooyoung, being renowned for his chivalrous manner approached the girl instead, "You are the girl whom our vice captain rescued earlier?"

 

"De…deh…" she replied feebly, her head dropped lower than usual.

 

"What's your name?" he asked politely. Though he did heard of how Donghae addressed her. However, it would be nice to start off with a conversation.

 

There was a moment of silence. The humming fluorescent lights cast a dead glow which drained the color of all objects, reducing everything to an identical burgeon white.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter