Chapter 24

Dust of an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgzsYz7j4w0

 

Classes are all done. Seohyun walked back and forth on the expansive halls of the Academy in a daze.

Her trip during lunch was a short one. She only got to talk to Mr. Jung, for a short while. Now, she’s waiting for Sunny to show up when she suddenly received a text message from her bestfriend,

 

‘Seohyunnie! Mianhe~ I have to run an errand for my homeroom teacher because of this morning. I’m really sorry >.<'

 

Seohyun started punching her reply, ‘Its fine. Take care!’

After pressing send, she tucked her phone on her skirt’s pockets. ‘Okay, I think I need to create some new, healthy and delicious snacks for everyone.’

 

 

She thought as she fiddled with her necklace, wanting some form of comfort. As she somberly walked, Seohyun was suddenly barreled over by an unknown body. Its high velocity managed to knock Seohyun to the floor. Seohyun looked up at the wriggling body on top of her. A large white dog was crawling all over her, at her face and arms.

 

Giggling, Seohyun moved her hands through the dog's soft fur. “Haha, th-that tickles!” Seohyun gently pushed the dog off her chest and sat up, scratching the dog's ears and chin all the while. “Good dog!”

 

Seohyun scanned the dog's wiggling body. No collar. Slumping, Seohyun began to methodically rub the dog's underbelly. Yipping in delight, the white dog rolled onto his back, paws flying about in the air.

Sighing, Seohyun said, “I'm not sure who your owner is, but I'm positive he misses you a lot.” The dog cocked his ears. “I know I would.”

 

With that, the dog sat up, ignoring the girl's wonderful gestures. Barking to get her attention, the dog bit her  skirt's ends and began to pull her along.

“Alright,” she finally said with laugh, “I'll go with you. I certainly hope it doesn't make me late for the club activities!”

 

With those words, the dog let go of his bite on her uniform and took off, down to the hall. Surprised, Seohyun scrambled to follow. Did the dog truly understand what she was saying? Shaking away her momentary astonishment, Seohyun quickened her pace to keep up with the animal in front of her. There was no time to contemplate the intelligence of the dog; she needed to go to the cafeteria to take her orders.

 

As Seohyun contemplated, she ran headlong into a solid object. She felt a strong sense of déjà vu as she and the mystery person tumbled to the ground in an array of flailing limbs and grunted yelps. Seohyun blinked, mentally promising herself to always be vigilant when she ran. She looked down at her unfortunate victim. Brown eyes stared back at her in puzzlement. A bit flustered, Seohyun quickly stood, offering a hand for the boy.

 

As he took it, she studied him. He was tall and appeared with a long and messy brown hair. She assumed him to be the same age as her. ‘He seems familiar… Where have I seen him?’

 

“Sangchu! I’ve been looking all over you...” he knelt, caressed the fur of the dog.

 

A flashback of the guy at the dance room with Onew came to her, “Aha! SHINEE!” Seohyun cried out.

From the startling intensity in the boy's eyes, Seohyun knew she had done something wrong. Feeling a bit frantic over being rude to him she started, “I apologize! I didn't realize I said something offensive! I didn’t say something offensive, did I? I'm really sorry!”

 

She was cut off when the boy began to laugh.

 

“No, no! I should be the one to apologize,” the boy stated in between his laughs. “I guess that’s what you only remembered about me.”

 

Seohyun got embarrassed at what she had just done. His laugh started to subside and a grin remained in his face as he straightened out his uniform.

 

“Well, let’s start off again?” He stuck his hand out to Seohyun. “I’m Choi Minho and you are Seo Joohyun, right?”

Seohyun nodded slightly, drawn in by this boy's free and reckless attitude. “It's a pleasure to meet you Choi Minho-sshi”

“Please, just call me Minho. We’re of the same age,” he coolly informed her. “I was rather hoping that you would consider me a friend.”

 

“Oh!” Seohyun's face lit up. “Of course! Let's be friends, Minho!”

 

Minho's grin widened. He had met her once and had never thought he would meet her again.

 

*** A year ago***

He was having a bad day. A really really REALLY BAD day. Minho wanted to cry. This was weird, because Minho never cries. Dance practice and his basketball practice are getting hectic. But now, he’s here at a hospital, getting admitted for fatigue. It was a busy week, so his dance teacher and his coach weren't too happy about it.

He was bored.

Minho was sitting at his bed, simply changing the channels. Nothing new there. It's all he seemed to do. So, he decided to go out of bed and wander on the gardens of the hospital. He found peace while sitting on a bench under a tree when a singing voice alerted him.

A high, sweet, distinctly feminine voice was singing. Upon listening, he could feel warm and blessed.

The sound was coming behind him and when he shaded his eyes with his hand he could see her, a slender figure that to his amazement seemed to be dancing along with the music of her voice with kids singing along with her as they continue to dance. She’s wearing normal clothes, and doesn’t seem to be one of the patients at the hospital.

But no matter how sweet her voice was, she was still a stranger. 

Minho wanted to appear and made his presence known when an old woman approached them, and made them head back inside. 

He tried going back to the place the next day and a few more days after that but he never saw her again.

He was being foolish. He just saw that girl. He couldn't possibly be having feelings for her. Then again... He remembered Jonghyun mentioning something about 'love at first sight' awhile back...

When he bumped unto her during the welcoming ceremony, he knew that she was his fate. Ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter