Chapter 23

Dust of an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FzshDf_1Uk

 

Waking up with a groan, Seohyun fumbled for the alarm clock shrilly ringing on her bedside drawer. She pressed the off button. Nodding to herself with a small content smile, Seohyun stretched her back onto the bed as she let out a yawn. She got up and noticed the empty beds of Yoona and Hyoyeon.

 

She checked her phone to see any new messages but seeing that there was none, she got disappointed and went with her morning routine. As she stepped inside the shower room, her thoughts drifted to the events last night.

 

Actually, after the awarding yesterday, Hyoyeon invited her and Sunny for a small dinner party for their accomplishment that day just in their canteen though. Seohyun got to know Yoona and Hyoyeon’s friends— Jessica, Yuri and Sooyoung. She and Sunny were able to fit in immediately since Sooyoung made them feel comfortable. They had nonstop laughs and talks. When they went back to their dorms, they separated ways.

 

Donghae congratulated her through a phone call, saying that he wouldn’t be able to see her tonight. After that, she received phone calls and messages from her oppa’s friends which made her smile. But nothing from her mom.

‘I guess I'll make a quick visit in her office this lunchtime.’ Seohyun thought as she dried her hair with a towel and stepped out of the bathroom.

“Good morning!” Hyoyeon greeted her while holding a plate with freshly cooked toast.

“Good morning, unnie”

“Hurry up and change into your uniform so you could join us for breakfast.”

“Deh” Seohyun answered as she made a turn into their room. She hurriedly changed into her uniform and pocketed her medicine before joining her unnies in breakfast. When suddenly there was a knock at their door,

 

Hyoyeon shifted on her seat, “Who could it be?”

 

“Unnie, I’ll go get it” Seohyun volunteered while holding a toast as she went to the door.

 

When she opened the door, there was no one. Her eyes traveled downward as she finished her toast, and looked at a box on their doorstep. With a little note,

 

To: Seohyun

 

From: Little Angel’s Association’

 

With excitement, Seohyun rushed back inside.

 

“Who was it?” Hyoyeon shouted. Seeing that there was no response, she and Yoona decided to check on her in their room. She was sitting on her bed, with an opened box in front of her.

 

“Hey,” Yoona started. “What’s all that?”

 

 

Hyoyeon went closer and took a look on some papers. There were all sorts of drawings.

 

“Drawings?”

 

“Yeah. Its from the foundation that my grandfather funded”

 

 “They sent food, too…” Hyoyeon pulled out containers with kimbap and sliced rolled omelettes.

 

“Okay? But why would they send such things?” Yoona asked as she browsed some of the kiddie drawings.

 

Seohyun didn’t seem to hear the question and could only smile as she read one of the letters sent by the kids. Yes… They were, no, They ARE her family.

 

“Omo!” Hyoyeon looked at her watch. “Come on now, tick tock!”

 

 

They finished their breakfast and Seohyun gave some of the containers to Yoona and Hyoyeon before going out together. As they went out, Sunny is already waiting for her by the hallway.

 

“Good morning!” Seohyun waved and Sunny hooked her arm.

“I like how you tied your hair” Sunny touched Seo’s hair

 

Seohyun giggled, “Thanks!”

 

 

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .

 

The girls were talking and walking happily while heading to the campus when the students noticed them, they...

“Good morning, Seohyun-sshi!” three girls bowed and greeted in unison. Seohyun confusingly bowed at them in return.

“Seohyun-sshi, congrats!”

“Seohyun-jjang!” two guys made thumbs up in front of her before heading for the entrance.

“Ooh~ Seohyun you’re becoming popular,” Hyoyeon teased from the back.

“Eeh?” She blushed.

“Aigoo... You’re so cute, Seohyun-ah” Yoona added as she crossed her arms.

“Aaa-aniyo!” she waved her hands frantically. Sunny chuckled as her friend got teased.

“Our class will be this way,” Yoona pointed at the east wing. “Take care you, guys” Hyoyeon and Yoona bid goodbye.

“Deh,” They bowed together. The two continued to their room with hooked arms.

“So, are you still the basketball’s manager?” Sunny blurted.

Seohyun, wide-eyed, immediately covered her friend’s mouth.

 

“Ssshh...” She checked if somebody else heard her friend, good thing nobody did. “Please lower your voice, somebody might hear you. I secret, remember?”

Sunny removed Seohyun’s soft hand. “My bad. So, are you?”

They continued walking towards the stairs. “Yeah. I’ll be heading to the gym right after class.”

“So that means, we can’t go back to the dorms together?”

Seohyun nodded. “But why must it be kept a secret anyways? Sooner or later everyone in school will know about it. You can never underestimate the fangirls radars.” Sunny comically shivered.

‘It’s to protect me.’ She thought but she couldn’t bring herself to voice out the selfish reason for this secrecy.

 

 

“Look, its Dongwoon-sshi.” Seohyun followed Sunny's gaze. The young man strutted at the center of the hall like a model in a runway.

“Dongwoon-sshi! Good morning!” girls who were at the corridors started greeting him.

With his usual smile, he greeted back “Good morning, ladies~”

“I thought he's class is at the next building?” she pondered.

“Maybe he's here for you.” Sunny whispered that only she and Seohyun could hear.

She gave her friend an incredulous look, “What? He's not here for me.”

Sunny could only chuckle at her friend's denseness.

“There you are.” Dongwoon said, as he walked towards them. “Good morning Seohyun-ah, Sunny-sshi”

“Good morning,” Sunny replied and smiled warmly at him. Then, she secretly nudged Seohyun as she gave her an ‘I told you so’ look.

She brushed her friend, “Good morning, Dongwoon.”

“Congratulations to the two of you.” The two girls shyly smiled back as they said thanks. Dongwoon looked at Seohyun, “You were really great yesterday, Seohyun-ah”

“Komawo”

“But what happened? I thought you've got a friend who'll sing as you play?”

Sunny fidgeted as she waited for Seohyun's answer, “Well~ there was a sudden change of plans. I mean, I kind of decided to do a solo.”

 

Dongwoon had a thinking pose, “Hmm...”

Sunny couldn't believe what Seohyun just did. How could she cover for someone like Hara? Seohyun gave her the let’s-keep-it-a-secret look, before turning to Dongwoon again.

“Well, in any case, I'm glad you decided to do that cuz what you did yesterday was really mind-blowing.” Dongwoon couldn't hide his excitement that he took hold of her hands. Seohyun blushed at the compliment and the contact.

At the side, Sunny forgot the 'covering incident' and smiled as she watched the situation before her amusingly. But, another voice distracted the three. “Hoi!”

 

They turned around to see Gikwang heading towards them with his hands on his pocket. Seohyun could see the unpleasant look in his face like, seeing her first thing in the morning was a bad omen.

 

“Hyung! What are you doing here?”

 

Ignoring his dongsaeng, he was looking solely at Seohyun.

 

“You” Seohyun straightened up. Gikwang pulled something off from his pockets— an envelope, and handed it to Seohyun.

 

“This is for this week’s club budget. I hope you will get us something good this time. We eat good and healthy foods, not stupid salads.”

 

She nodded and was about to accept when she remembered that her hands were held by Dongwoon. Slightly blushing,

 

“Dongwoon … uhmm...”

 

Dongwoon looked at her questioningly, unaware of holding her hands.

“Mmy—”

 

Gikwang stared at the two junio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter