Chapter 29

Dust of an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FrQ9Tvn2iw

“Seohyun-sshi, how about reconsidering the position of being our manager?” seriousness is all over Siwon’s voice.

 

He averted his eyes and focused it on the court, “My bandages will be removed next week. You know what that means, right?”

 

“Siwon! Come over here for a second” The coach called him over before she could answer back. Siwon didn’t look at her before leaving which left Seohyun at a short trance.

Seohyun’s thoughtful gaze didn’t leave Siwon’s back.

“Hyung! How could you use that?!” she snapped out and turned to look at the two young adults fighting like kids for a face towel. Gikwang continued to wipe his sweat as his hoobae continued to insist it was ‘his’ towel.

 

“Yah! You’re name is not on it. How would I know that?!” Gikwang childishly reasoned out.

 

Out of nowhere, two face towels were handed to each of them. Gikwang looked at the girl who was holding it. She smiled lightly at him. The hoobae thanked her happily. As for Gikwang, he took it roughly from her hands.

Seohyun has expected this and has gotten used to this reaction from Gikwang when a beep from her phone caught her attention. As she checked, surprisingly it was Mr. Jung.

“Gikwang! Get back on running at the court! Bench players! Continue practing the passing of balls!” Dojoon commanded loudly.

Seohyun’s phone started to ring.

“Hello?”

“Seohyun-shhi...”

“Mr.Jung? How did you know my number?”

“I know everything. Anyways, I’m staying near the library. Come now.”

“Right now? But why?”

“Just come.”

She heard a shout from the court and a ball came rolling near her foot. She looked up to see a couple of the players waving at her asking her to pass it back to them.

“Okay… I’ll go there.”

“No need to hurry, okay?” He reminded her. She paused a little, “Deh.” Then, she ended the phone call.

She tucked her phone on her skirt’s pocket. Seohyun bent down to pick the ball when another weight crashed over her, knocking some big bottles of water, landing on her injured hand. She cringed on the pain. One of them has crushed unto her while chasing a loose ball from the pass.

“Seohyun-sshi, are you alright?” Heejun, the one who knocked her over, asked as he tried to help her from the floor.

“Seohyun!” Yoseob ran to her. “Yah! Be careful next time” He turned to the guy next to her.

“I'm fine,” Seohyun uttered, trying her best not to wince on the throbbing wound.

“Are you sure?” Minho asked.

“Deh!” Seohyun beamed at them.

“I’m really sorry, Seohyun-sshi” Heejun bowed  for forgiveness.

“It's okay, I'm fine,” she assured once again, masking the pain on her wrist with yet another bright smile. “Here’s the ball, sunbaenim” She handed theball that she had picked up.

A sharp whistle distracted them. “GATHER!” Yet again, the coach shouted.

When she had reassured everyone that she's alright, the players went and surrounded their coach. Seohyun caught a glimpse of Gikwang, eyeing her to form a distance but he diverted his gaze immediately as if nothing happened.

She started to arrange again the bottled water. Then, she went to Dojoon, who was simply listening to their coach's intructions outside the circle and asked permission let her leave, in a short while.

“Thank you!” She bowed to Dojoon and looked at Siwon before she actually left.

 

The coach was done assigning them to the specific persons for defense. Now, they had to practice their offense moves.

“Already?” Yoseob asked with folded arms as he saw Seohyun passed by them.

“Goodluck, sunbaenims~” She stated with her natural smile.

 

Seems like he was observing from the side, Gikwang went near to Yoseob. “Where is she going?”

Without waiting for a response, he addded, “Don’t tell me she is slacking off?”

 

Yoseob and Minho i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter