Chapter 21

Dust of an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRMSd1YLckA

Seohyun flopped on her bed. She let out a loud sigh as she thought of the long and tiring day. The event during lunch spread like wildfire. For the whole afternoon, Seohyun was the center of everyone's stares and whispers. Though she was not liking the attention, she had to accept it for this was one of the expected consequences.

 

“Long day?” Yoona asked as she shifted on her seat from the study table.

 

Seohyun sat up from her bed. “Deh. Pretty much...” She answered with a sigh.

 

The loud opening of the door made the two turned towards the entrance.

 

“I'm here!” Hyoyeon exclaimed as she placed her shoes on the rack at the sides. But as soon as she saw Seohyun, she immediately hugged her, which surprised the latter immensely. “Seohyunnie~!” She pulled away from the girl, “Yah! I heard about what you did to that girl during lunch,” she continued.

 

Hyoyeon and Yoona met eyes and both nodded and shouted together, “Great job!” Yoona suddenly raised her thumb up.

 

“Somebody really needs to teach that girl some lesson. She's just a freshman and she's acting so high and all that.” Hyoyeon pointed out as she got up and settled her things on her area of the room.

 

Seohyun felt at ease that these unnies are openly siding with her. “Thanks, I guess...” as she chuckled softly.

 

“Aigooo~” Yoona cried as she stretched her arm, “Tomorrow's the showcase. My body is so tired from dance practice and I think my ears are going to wear off…”

 

“Wear off?” Seohyun asked, baffled.

 

“Seohyun-ah, I don’t mean it literally.” Seohyun heaved a sigh of relief then, listened intently on Yoona. “My friend, Sooyoung has been mentioning the showcase since this morning until the end of our practice. I think my ears are going to loose.” Yoona said as she playfully covered her ears.

 

“Tell me about it. Jessica and Yuri couldn't even shut their mouth for a second. That’s why we ended our practice late today.” Hyoyeon ranted as she took off her Tricot Jacket revealing a white tank top underneath before she turned to Seohyun. “Do you know Jessica and Yuri?”

 

Seohyun shook her head. “Well, you must. They are one of the best. I will introduce you to them anytime this week.” Seohyun could only nod in return. It’s her first time to talk with someone this fast.

 

“So, how about you?” Hyoyeon directed the question to Seohyun.

 

“Huh?!” She asked, clearly confused.

 

“Are you ready for the showcase tomorrow? I mean, you should be, right?”

 

“Well…” Seohyun looked down. She nervously met eyes with Hyoyeon. “I’ve been practicing but… I don’t think”

 

“Oops!” Hyoyeon interrupted. She stood up on the mattress on her bed as she pointed to Seohyun, “You practiced, didn’t you?” Seohyun nodded. “Then, you’ll do just great,” She reassured her with a big smile.

 

Seohyun felt delighted. She had been uneasy for a couple of days because of Hara’s attitude towards their practice. Added to that, as to what had happened during lunch, she was positively so down and unsure if she would actually perform well tomorrow. What she’s really sure of is that her mom is definitely going to be disappointed in her. But with the light support and encouragement she received from these two unnies in front of her, her confidence was going back, little by little. She couldn’t help but grin.

 

“What will you present tomorrow?”

 

But before she could answer, there was a knock on their door.

 

“I’ll get it.” Yoona excitedly jump from her chair and answered the door. She froze when she saw who was standing before her. “Donghae-oppa”

 

“Good evening, Yoona-sshi.” He greeted with a soft grin which made Yoona awestricken, ‘How could anyone be so handsome?’

 

Donghae scratched his head like shy little boy, “So, uhmm… Is Seohyun inside?”

 

With the mention of Seo’s name, Yoona snapped out of her short reverie and straightened up. Hyoyeon suddenly showed up behind her,

 

“Oooh, what’s Mr. Lee Donghae doing on our humble abode at this time of the day?” she asked teasingly.

 

“He’s asking for Seohyun.” Yoona rolled her eyes as she answered. Donghae didn’t notice the attitude and greeted Hyoyeon with smile.

 

“Good evening, Hyoyeon-sshi. I’m wondering if Seohyun is inside,” He asked with the same gentleness on his voice.

 

Hyoyeon smiled widely. “Wait here. I’ll go get her.”

 

Donghae and Yoona were left on an awkward silence but Donghae decided to break the cold atmosphere.

 

“Thank you for welcoming Seohyun warmly as your roommate.” He held his hand out with a kind smile plastered on his face.

 

Yoona forgot her annoyance and shyly shook his hand and sweetly curled her hair behind her ear. “Y-You’re welcome… o-oppa…”

 

Just then, Seohyun appeared with Hyoyeon trailing behind. Donghae immediately let go of Yoona’s hand, to her dismay, and smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter