Chapter 4

Dust of an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjEEcti9BCA

Seohyun was feeling frazzled.

 

Her shoes pinched, her hair kept getting in her eyes, and now, lost. She sighed heavily. Ever since she made the mistake of playing for that class a few hours ago, the other students in her group refused to leave her alone. A girl named Sunny tried to keep them back but she was only one girl and some of them has been very determined.

 

Feeling overwhelmed and mildly aggravated she started edging farther and farther away from the rest of the crowd. Suddenly, without any warning whatsoever and no clue how it happened Seohyun found herself completely alone. ALONE. COMPLETELY.

 

That was nearly thirty minutes ago and she was starting to get really worried. SMEnt was a very large school. She could get lost for days in a place like this if she was left on her own devices and that possibility was looking more and more likely as the minutes passed and no one came looking for her.

 

She wished that either Donghae~oppa or that ‘Sunny’ girl was here. For that ‘Sunny’ girl, Seohyun knew that she would have no problem screaming until someone came to look for her but that just wasn't an option for the quiet girl. First of all, she would be too embarrassed and even if she wouldn't be she wasn't sure she could manage to generate the volume necessary to draw any attention.

 

"Hey you! What are you doing in this quadrant? Don't you know it's off limits?" Seohyun jumped at the loud voice that has abruptly broken up the silence.

 

She turned around, her heart pounding and found herself face to face with three older girls who all look supremely annoyed. She began to mentally scold herself for spacing out so much that she hasn't even heard them coming but a glance at what they were wearing reveals that all three were carrying swords.

 

The thought of being alone in a deserted corridor with a group of annoyed older female was a daunting one. They were wearing the SMent uniform and seemed to know where they were. For a moment, Seohyun wavered between the impulse to run away and the need to catch up to the rest of the tour but eventually her desire to find her group won out and she decided to just bite the bullet and ask.

 

"Uhmm… Excuse me. I-I'm here on tour but I got separated from my group. If you could please give me directions to the main office I'd be very grateful."

 

"Tour," the girl who appeared to be the leader answered blankly, "You're here on tour?"

 

Her eyes narrowed suspiciously as if Seohyun was someone dangerous that she was prepared to bring harm, "You don't happen to be Seo Joohyun, do you?" Her voice was low and threatening and Seohyun wished desperately that she has a different name or at the very least that she was any good at lying.

 

Not trusting her self to speak she gave a jerky, silent nod and winced as she heard the other two girls quickly in horrified gasps. It was apparently not a good time to be Seo Joohyun and she wasn't looking forward to finding out why. As it was she has a horrible sinking feeling in her stomach and she could only pray that she was wrong.

 

She went through her mental checklist. They had it all. The scandalously short skirts, the armbands, the expressions of fevered devotion that borders on madness.

 

"YOU!" the girl on the left shrieks, "You are the hussy who is trying to attract our dearest KEY! Although you are obviously unworthy of his greatness! Did you think you could get away with such shameless behavior? Well let me tell you something . . ."

 

Seohyun cowered away from the screaming girl, making her self as small as possible. In a few minutes she would make a break for it but until then she would just have to hope her eardrums wouldn't take any permanent damage.

***********

Kim Kibum or KEY as they call him was not the sort of person who allowed anything to set him off balance. Usually this wasn't hard. People tended to be boring, they all reacted to him the same way with awe or worship or respect. They lived a pathetic and predictable life, never varying from their set paths.

 

Occasionally however, someone came close to succeeding. Today, a friend of his, Yoseob couldn't stop babbling about the little Seo Joohyun girl.

 

But that doesn't mean that he doesn't have any desire to hear his most annoying friend gush about the girl for two straight hours. Losing one's composure in public was unforgivably undignified but in this case he was almost willing to make an exception.

 

" . . . And she was so cute! I hope I could meet her. Don't you hope to see her, Junhyung?"

 

"It would be interesting."

 

KEY wondered how the other boy could sound so calm in the face of such aggravation.

 

"She is really, really good too! Even Junhyung thought so too, right?"

 

"She is."

 

Still calm. KEY grits his teeth.

 

"Amazing even! She could go pro don't you think?"

 

"She probably could."

 

Utterly unruffled. What is wrong with that guy? KEY felt his eye twitching.

 

"And she was so cu–"

 

"SHUT UP YOU MORON!" Yoseob jumped and covered his ears. KEY just smirked and closed his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter