Chapter 1

Dust of an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li74mVtq1Rc

 

The dancing of the fallen leaves were visible from the window pane of a girl, sitting serenely on her bed and enjoying the lovely scene before her.

 

She smiled. A very unpredictable smile. It was not genuinely happy nor sad rather it was fragile.

 

"It has been 13 years now," her soft lips uttered as she shifted her gaze from the leaves to her cozy room enclosed by concrete walls painted in sky blue. Beside her bed was a table full of neatly piled books, albums, music scores and a white keyboard. Near the door were three squashy armchairs and a coffee table, where about 7 bottles of medicines were placed. Opposite it is a closet and a working area where an incomplete music sheet and the pencil lying untouched on the carpeted floor.

 

The girl's eyes were filled with happiness when she saw the picture frame of the man beside her music scores. And as if her body has its own mind, it reacted quickly. She weakly stood up from her bed, deciding to watch some dancing leaves before finishing music score. But as her feet touch the ground, she heard a soft knock at the door followed by a gentle voice calling out her name. She was surprised to hear the visitor's voice but warmly welcomed her guest anyway.

 

"Please come in," she softly answered.

 

After hearing her voice, a charming young man entered. He was carrying a basketful of freshly cooked sweet potatoes and some fresh Easter lilies with him. Seohyun beamed and tried to walk towards him but her delicate body did not support her and so, with just two steps, she stumbled and almost hit the floor if it's not for the young man who speedily caught her.

 

"Are you alright?" the guy asked worriedly.

 

The girl nodded and thanked her savior.

 

"You should not do that again Seohyun-ah, it is very dangerous, you might hurt yourself."

 

"Mianhe, Donghae-oppa. But I think that it would be very rude of me to greet you while simply sitting in bed."

 

Lee Donghae smiled and prodded the girl's head. He then carried her to her bed and gave her some nicely peeled sweet potatoes. Seohyun thanked the older boy again. The two started up a conversation with Donghae asking on why she's out of her bed.

 

"I wanted to make a closer look on the dancing leaves."

 

"Dancing?" Donghae said with a questioning look.

 

Seohyun slowly turned her head towards her window. "They're beautiful, aren't they? Very refreshing."

She said as she closed her eyes, as if she's taking the nature's message that the leaves are dancing for her.

 

Donghae took a long look on her relaxed face but immediately turned his gaze away when Seohyun suddenly looked at him,

 

"I was trying to finish my music score a while ago."

 

Donghae got up and started to move towards her working area. He stared at the notes with the cute scribbles (slash) handwriting of Seohyun above each staff. He hummed each note. Without completely listening to the music piece, he could say it’s an amazing work. Not because Seohyun is his friend and he just said so but because he knew that the piece, itself, conveyed a strong feeling that even words cannot describe.

 

"What do you think?" S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter