Chapter 2

Dust of an Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LcM0HkhxEk

Plum trees were in it's full bloom.

 

Seohyun was very happy and very nervous at the same time. For the first time in her life, she would be meeting new individuals aside from doctors and nurses whom she spent most of her life with. Its the day she would specially start attending SMent Academy. A well-respected and re-known all-boys' school founded by her mother, where sons of elite people take up six years of education starting in middle school. But it says that female students were already allowed to attend the said school. However, even if the school excelled academically, it was not the main focus. The school was well-known in producing big stars. It was where the skills and talents of young people were molded for the future of South Korea.

 

As Seohyun was checking on her luggages, a big man in black suit entered her room and told her that it was time to go, behind him were two other men in black suits, who bowed before her and carried her luggages afterwards. After one last glimpsed in her room that had been a home for her for the past years, she then followed them.

 

Outside the building, a luxurious limousine was waiting. The nurses and doctors who have looked after her were also there. It was a sad farewell indeed, all Seohyun could mutter was "Thank you and See you around."

 

She entered the car and hugged her small bag tightly, one of the men in black asks her if she needed anything else and she politely said no, so the guy told the driver to set off.

 

While traveling, Seohyun was eagerly watching the people who were very busy with their own work, then, she saw young elementary students walking hand in hand and talking happily with each other. The scene saddened her. She envied those kids who were enjoying their childhood at the fullest.

 

Seohyun then shook her head and mumbled to herself, "I musn't think this way. Past is past. I must think about the present, come on Seo Joo-Hyun, FIGHTING!"

 

The girl was busy with her thoughts but was snapped back from her reverie when suddenly, an automatic flat screen TV flashed before her. It showed a mansion-like building with a square portico as its entrance.

 

"We are now entering the grounds of SMent Academy," a voice from nowhere said.

 

Seohyun was surprise and said, "Huh? That huge structure is SMent?"

 

"Yes, the one you are currently seeing is indeed SMent," the mysterious voice that unbelievably heard her.

 

"I… I see," Seohyun stuttered as she focused her attention again on the screen.

 

"Now, the one in your screen is the main building, it is 53 meters long and 26 meters high. A wide curved portico with Ionic columns stands on the academy's south side. Two long, low galleries extend from the building's east and west sides. The terraced roof covering them forms a promenade on the first floor. Facilities for the academy's staff are under the west terrace. A theater is under the east terrace." The voice continued, as Seohyun was amazed with the glamorous place.

 

"Excuse me … but what is the purpose of the theater?" she asked.

 

"It's for the Arts club," The voice replied.

 

"I see."

 

"Now, that is the east and west wings, they stand at the end of the terraces. The west wing contains the offices of the Headmistress and her staff. The east wing includes the offices of the academy's military aides."

 

"This academy has its own military?" Seohyun asked with a bewildered face.

 

"This is not a normal school, little girl. I thought you knew that," The voice answered with an unfriendly tone.

 

Seohyun's face turned red, she was liking the owner of the voice less and less every second.

 

"Never mind, now that is the south lawn," the voice continued, "You could find the Garden there. It is where the rarest and the beautiful flowers are found."

 

Seohyun wanted to say something but she was scared with what the irritating voice might say so she just remained silent.

 

"Alright then. That is what the SMent Academy looks on the outside. The inside facilities will be shown to you by the other staff or maybe one of the students in the disciplinary committee. Do your best in school and Good Luck."

 

Seohyun noticed that the voice emphasized the word 'Good Luck', she wondered.

 

Not long after the voice disappeared, the car has stopped.

 

"We're here my lady," One of the men in black turned to Seohyun.

 

The girl nodded and opened the side door. The warmth of the sunlight and the cool breeze caressed her rosy cheeks amorously as if they were welcoming her and before she entered the world of dreams, a familiar gentle voice spoke.

 

"Welcome to SMent, Seohyun."

Seohyun looked at the direction of her caller and finds Lee Donghae standing beside a kind-looking, brown-haired young man who was wearing a mystic smile just like Donghae's. The surprised girl bowed before the two of them and said her greetings.

 

"Good afterternoon. I am Seo JooHyun," She says as she makes a 90 degree bow.

 

The two lads found her action cute,

 

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Seohyun-sshi. My name is Lee Jinki, or you can call me Onew."

 

"Deh."

 

Donghae suddenly approached Seohyun and hugged her. Onew watched them interestingly. Seohyun noticed this and she inadvertently released herself from Donghae. The young man was a bit surprised but he just smiled and told Seohyun that he and Onew would give her a tour around the school. The girl was puzzled and asks if she can meet her mother first. The two men frown.

 

"Sorry to disappoint you Seohyun~ah. I know you look forward in meeting the Headmistress and so is she, but just a moment ago, she received an urgent phone call from the Board of Education telling him that she was badly needed in the meeting, but don't worry, she said that she'll finish the meeting as soon as possible."

 

"Is that so?" Seohyun answered with disappointment evident in her voice.

 

"I'm sure she's more disappointed than you are and that she's currently thinking about you so please don't put such face, even though your cuter with that façade, I still prefer the happy girl I've met earlier," Onew said smilingly as he patted Seohyun's head.

 

The girl was heartened by those words. She thanked the older teen and smiled at him. The two men were glad that she regained her compassion back, Donghae then asked her if she wanted to see the inside facilities while waiting for her mother in which the girl finds very motivating.

 

Donghae and Onew lead the way. As th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter