Chapter 22: Moving in

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cheon Seong Im

Her parents had already left for Europe and every day when she went home, she was alone. She walked around the house, not knowing what to do. She ended up either eating out alone or calling for delivery and she could feel her body getting unhealthier. She thought about Joong Ki’s decision and decided to give him a call. Truth is her mum had already prepacked a luggage for her so that she could bring it along if she decided to stay with her other family.

He picked up the call almost immediately. “Joong Ki ah, do you have time for dinner tonight?”

“Of course. I’ll pick you up at 7” and he kept his promise.

“Noona!” as he stopped the car.  

She dragged her luggage and asked for Joong Ki to open his boot. She carried her luggage in and shut the boot.

“Let’s go!”

“Where are we going?”

“Home.” she said. It left a big smile on Joong Ki and he drove off excitedly.

They drove around for about 20 minutes, until Joong Ki turned into a quiet road. The houses around the road were massive and she was in awe. Joong Ki started to slow down and turned left, as they headed down a narrow lane. They were faced with two white marble pillars framing a massive bronzed gate with a camera attached to the side. It made creepy noises as the gates swung open slowly. Joong Ki continued forward and wound up a slight hill and came upon a second gate. This time it was a reinforced steel gate that had a modern guardhouse attached. She saw two guards looking out of the windows as the gate silently rolled to the side.

Behind the gates, it revealed a long driveway paved in gravel. As the car went forward, its tires crunched against the loose grey pebbles. She saw probably thirty palm trees, lined perfectly along both sides of the road. Spotlights were placed beneath the trees which lit up the dark quiet driveway. As the car rounded one last curve, Seong Im couldn’t help but let out a gasp. In the distance, she saw a two houses, facing one another, that were much bigger than the ones she had seen before.

The front driveway was lined with cars, mostly European – Mercedes, Jaguars, Rolls-Royce, Bentleys. She saw a group of chauffeurs loitering in a circle, smoking. They immediately stopped what they were doing when they saw the car approaching and stood up straight.

Joong Ki got out of the car and instructed one of them to come over. They spoke softly and she couldn’t hear what they talking about. She opened the door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter