Chapter 23: Mysterious Old Man

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cheon Seong Im

That night, as she laid on the unfamiliar bed, she couldn’t sleep. Whenever she closed her eyes, thoughts kept running through her mind. She decided to give up after two hours of trying and got up. ‘What should I do?’ she thought, pacing around in her new room.

She decided the first thing she would do was to unpack her suitcase. She took out her clothes and walked into her closet. She tried to hang up her clothes on the rack, but there wasn’t much space left. The clothes were gorgeous but she still preferred her own. She took out those that she felt she wouldn’t wear and started putting them aside. She thought she would give them all to her sister in the morning. After an hour of sorting, she was finally done. It was already 6 in the morning and she wasn’t the least bit tired.

She changed out of her pyjamas into a shirt and shorts and decided to take a walk. The scenery was too beautiful, it would be such a waste not to.

Whenever she walked around the house, the maids would immediately bow to her despite some being older than her. She felt uncomfortable and decided to take her walk outside.

When she walked out of the front door, she took a deep breath. She immediately felt better. She walked along the road that Joong Ki drove past last night and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. About ten minutes in, she spotted an old man walking in the opposite direction. She felt weird, ‘Isn’t this a private road? What is this guy doing here?’ she thought. As he got closer, she took a long stare at him. After noticing her presence, the old man lifted his head and looked at her. He was taken aback by her and fell backwards.

“Ouch” he said. She rushed forward towards him and helped him up. She felt guilty.

“Are you okay? Sorry. Sorry.” She apologized profu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter