Chapter 25: Gifts

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cheon Seong Im

She took a seat on one of the benches when she heard someone calling her.

“Ji hyo ah…” a voice called from behind her. She turned around and the old lady, or her halmeoni, stood behind her.

 “Halmeoni…” as she got up and supported the old lady to the bench.

“Ji Hyo ah… Thank you for helping your halabeoji.”

“Aniyo… It’s what I should do.”

“Even so, thank you… When your halabeoji told me he saw you a few days ago, I thought he was lying. He was so happy those few days that he started getting his appetite back again. After all we have done to you, we hope you forgive us” she said as she held onto her hands.

“It’s alright” she said cheerfully. She couldn’t reject her after seeing her pitiful face.

“Thank you… I have something for you” as she took out a box from her pocket. “Your halabeoji bought this a few days ago and I found it one of the drawers when I was packing some clothes for him yesterday.” She paused. “I figured it was a present for you since your birthday is coming up…” She took the tiffany blue box from her and opened it up. Inside, was a dainty sliver horseshoe necklace, topped with diamonds.

“It’s too expensive, I can’t accept it” and pushed the box back to her.

“It’s not from me, if you don’t want it, tell the person who bought it.”

“Neh?”

The old lady smiled and held onto her hands. “Please just visit him once… Also… I have one more request, if you don’t mind. Ji Hyo ah”

“What is it about?”

“Can you talk to your halabeoji, he hasn’t eaten anything since yesterday and I’m worried”

“Oh… yea…” and looked down to her hands. “Why don’t you go back and get some rest first. I’ll promise to do that.”

“Arasso...” and her head. Ji Hyo supported her, as she made her way to the driveway. She got in the car and she told the chauffeur to drive her home. Ji Hyo stood there for a while, making sure she had left the hospital and made her way to the elevator.

She got out on the 10th floor when she saw someone familiar. He knocked the door to the room she was about to enter and opened the door. She ran to the ward and stood behind the door, trying to take a peek. ‘What is he doing here?’ she thought.

She s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter