Chapter 24: We found a match!

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cheon Seong Im

She woke at 6 a.m. the next few days, to take an early morning walk, hoping to see the old man again. She was really worried about him and wanted to know how he was doing. On the fifth day, she finally saw him sitting on the side of the road. She immediately ran towards him and crouched down beside him.

“Are you okay?” she asked, worried.

“I’m okay.” He said coldly.

She could see that his legs were swollen and he looked pale. It was definitely not a good sign. “You are not! Look at your legs! You need to see the doctor!” she quickly whipped out her phone and dialled 119.

“Eh...” he said trying to stop her. She quickly got up and walked away, preventing him from stopping her.

A few minutes later, the ambulance came and the old man was put on the stretcher.

“Miss, do you know this man?” the paramedic asked.

“Yes. He is a family friend. Is there anything wrong with him?” she asked anxiously.

“We are not sure. We need to run some tests first. Please come with us.”

“Ok. Sure” and got onto the ambulance. The old man looked at her and she felt that he was getting paler by the second. She started fidgeting with her hands and remembered that Joong Ki and Ji Eun were probably still at home. She hurriedly dialled Joong Ki’s number and told him everything.

At the hospital

The paramedics took him in and she waited outside. Her brows drew together and she bit her lower lip. At this time, Joong Ki, Ji Eun and an old lady rushed in.

“Noona, how is he?”

“I don’t know… the paramedic said they would run some tests, but I’m not sure”

Joong Ki furrowed his brows and said “Ji Eun ah, take noona to the cafeteria and get her something to drink.” Upon hearing that, she walked over and wrapped her hands around her. “Let’s go” she said. She turned her head towards her brother and the old lady, as Ji Eun brought her away.

When they were at the cafeteria, she waited nervously as Ji Eun brought her a cup of coffee.

“Unnie, it’s going to be alright. Don’t worry too much” and placed her hands on hers.

“I hope so” she muttered.

“Ding’ as the phone vibrated. Ji Eun picked up her phone and she looked at her, waiting for the news.

She frowned and pursed her lips. “Let’s go, the test results are out.”

She saw Joong Ki and the same old lady sitting outside the ward, hands clasped tightly.

“What’s wron

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter