Chapter 14: The dance

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jong Kook

He had arrived early to the event and was already mingling around with the other directors, along with his parents. His parents were one of the major shareholders in the company and were also a close family friend to the Songs. The two families have been friends for a very long time, ever since his grandfather had offered them help when they moved.

The Kim’s were a highly respected family in Korea and they owned many businesses overseas. His family’s wealth was definitely not any lesser to the Songs. Not many knew about this and he was only working for the Songs so that he would not receive special treatment. Most of them only knew that he was rich, but they didn’t know how rich he actually was.

Sometimes when he was alone, girls who were bold enough would approach him, but he wasn’t interested. He only had eyes for one girl, but she wasn’t here. He found himself looking at the doors every once in a while, hoping that the person walking in would be her.

8.00pm

The event was about to start and that meant that everyone that wanted to be here would be here. His heart sank. ‘She’s not coming’ he thought dejected. The only thing he was looking forward to was her appearance and now that she wasn’t here, everything felt boring.

Just when the doors were about to close, the girl of his dreams walked in. He had to blink his eyes a couple of times to make sure that it was real. She was beautiful. She wearing a black dress that accentuated her curves in all the right places. She looked y.

When she walked, he caught a couple of guys and girls ogling at her. He wanted to walk up to her but was beaten to it by someone else. Joong Ki. His dongsaeng. ‘Joong Ki knows her? Does he like her? She doesn’t look like his style’

Joong Ki stood facing her and offered his arm and escorted her. Several girls glared at her when they walked past them, with a look of jealousy.

“Please take a seat everyone.” Jae Suk said. He was the emcee for the evening. He was perfect for it because he was extremely talkative and could make anything funny.

He took a seat at one of the tables and was scanning the ballroom for ‘his girl’. It took him quite a while before he finally spotted her seated next Dong Wook and the other employees in the marketing department.

The CEO gave his speech and the dinner commence. Everyone was having a good time and it was time for them to dance.

The lights started to dim and the spotlight was . It lighted up the dance floor and everyone was invited to dance. Soon after, the dance floor was filled with people. The DJ played upbeat music to suit the mood and the spotlight change between patterns along with it.

“Is everybody having fun?” Jae S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter