Chapter 15: The Truth

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jong Kook

When he looked her in the eyes, he felt like nothing else mattered as long as they were together.  This was what he had been waiting for since high school. Everything seem like dream, but when she left him there on the dance floor, he came crashing down into reality. He stood at that same spot for a few seconds before realizing what he should do. But he was too late. She was gone. He wanted to chase after her, but was swarmed with girls, asking for a dance. He tried pushing them away and rejecting them, finding a way through to the door. Before he could do so, someone had already beaten him to it. Joong Ki. ‘Does he really like her?’ At that moment, he felt angry at Joong Ki for stealing away his girl, but she technically wasn’t.

Cheon Seong Im

When she left the ballroom she felt confused. She kept walking, unsure of where she was going. She had made it out of the hotel and was walking along the streets. It must have been weird for people, seeing someone dress like that, walking around aimlessly. She didn’t realise she was crossing the road until she heard someone honking at her. She saw the bright headlights approaching at her at a fast speed and at that moment, she thought ‘this is it’ and closed her eyes. The next thing she knew, she was pulled away forcefully to the side of the road.

“ARE YOU CRAZY!” someone shouted.

She opened her eyes, half expecting it to be Jong Kook but was disappointed.

“Didn’t you see the car coming your way, why did you stay put?’ Joong Ki shouted.

“Thank you” she said gratefully to Joong Ki. She hit her head a couple of times, trying to get out of her dazed mood. “Thank you” she said again.

“Noona, are you okay?” he said with a look of concern.

“I’m okay, I was just…thinking’ she tried to smile.

“Only you would be able to smile after all that. Let’s go, Ill drive you home” he offered.

“It’s okay Joong Ki ah, I’ll just walk for a bit more” and she turned around leaving him behind.

She walked for a couple of minutes and she reached a convenience store. She didn’t realise Joong Ki was following her all this while until she saw his reflection on the store window.

She turned around and said “You were following me all this while?”

He nodded. She felt bad for him and said “Come, let me treat you to some ramyun”

She paid for their noodles and took a seat at the tables outside the store.

“Thanks for the dress” she said awkwardly.

“Thanks for the noodles” as he lifted up his chopsticks and ate a mouthful of noodles.

Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter