Chapter 28: Stuck in paradise

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cheon Seong Im

She walked out of the bathroom, half expecting Jong Kook to be outside waiting for her, but he was gone. She walked towards the door and saw him whispering to one of the lady helpers intimately. The helper looked smitten and she felt a stab of jealously as she looked to the two of them.

“Ahem” she cleared .

The two turned around to face her and the helper walked away quickly.

“Are you finally done? You should dress like this more often, it’s nice” he said.

“For…forget it” she said, slightly taken aback from his compliment.

“Let’s go!” he said as he held her hands down the stairs.

“Wait! Wait! Where are we going!” she shouted as they ran down the stairs.

”WHERE ARE WE GOING!” she shouted as they approached the car.

He didn’t reply.

“WHERE ARE WE GOING?! OTHERWISE I AM NOT GETTING IN!” she said one last time, keeping her arms crossed.

“To the gathering, quick get in” and he carried her into the car. He locked the door once more and walked to the driver seat.

“Why do I have to go to your stupid gathering?! It’s none of my business” she said, annoyed.

“Of course you have to come! Aren’t you curious to see how my ex-girlfriend looks like?”

“A…Ani” she lied. Truth is, for the past few days, she couldn’t help but think how his ex-girlfriend would look like. She heard rumours going around that he used to date celebrities, the most well-known one being Yoon Eun Hye. With his qualifications, it would not be surprising if it was another actress. She sighed every time she thought of that as she looked at herself. ‘How could she compare to them?’

He smiled at her reply and said “Liar”, as he drove off.

An hour later, they finally reached their destination. She looked around, trying to find out where she was. The place was practically empty, there weren’t any restaurants around, much less people.

“Where are we?” she said.

“Follow me” as he held her hand, leading her forward. After walking around for a minute, she finally realize where she was. She was at a heliport.

“Why are we here?” she said confused and looked at Jong Kook.

She must have had a blank look on her face because Jong Kook simply smiled and told her to get ready. Once she was done, she was brought over by one of the employees to the helicopter and she went on board.

She still felt slightly confused at the whole situation and she nudged Jong Kook, who was by her side. “What’s going on?” she said, hoping he could hear her.

“This my present for you” he replied.

The helicopter took off and soon enough they were flying over Seoul. She couldn’t keep track on how many times she said ‘wow’, but it was probably more than hundred. She could feel Jong Kook looking at her, but she was too mesmerized by the beauty to be bothered.

“Isn’t it beautiful?” he said and she nodded.

They flew around for about 20 minutes until they started descending on a private island.

“Where are we now?” she said excited.

“You’ll see” he replied.

They started walking around the beach, until her feet started to feel sore. She took off her wedges and held it in her hands. She slow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter