Chapter 32: Halabeoji is discharge

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cheon Seong Im/Song Ji Hyo

She kept tossing and turning on her sister’s bed for a while before she finally got up. She decided to get a cup of milk, hoping it will help her sleep better. As she walked along the hallway, she saw that one of the doors was left ajar and the lights were still on. She walked closer to it and realised that someone was inside. He was reading some documents with a frown on his face, trying hard to concentrate. She tried to walk away quickly but tripped on her own foot and fell. “Ouch!” she cried in pain.

“What are you doing?” he said in concern.

“Ah…sajangnim” she got up, bowed and walked away quickly.

“Seong Im-ssi” he said.

“Neh?” she turned.

“Come in” and she followed him into the room.

The table was covered with so much documents, there was barely any space left. She stood uncomfortably in front of the desk as he invited her to take a seat.

“I have yet to thank you for saving my father’s life” he said.

“oh…” she tried to smile.

“and sorry about the drama that happen just now… feel free to use the room as much as you want” he said awkwardly.

“ah…neh, thank you”

“mianhe” he said softly, looking at her with tears in his eyes. She opened to speak, but nothing came out. She could feel her eyes watering but she controlled her tears. They sat in silence for a few minutes until he finally spoke: “your halabeoji would be discharged from the hospital in a few days, it would be great if you were there”

“Oh…I’ll try”

“Thank you” he said.

“ah…neh…If you don’t mind, I’ll go get some rest. Good night”

A few days later

“Noona! Are you ready?” Joong Ki shouted from downstairs.

“YES!” as she ran down the stairs. “Let’s go!” She told Joong Ki a few days ago that she was capable enough to drive herself there but he insisted in fetching her after seeing her father’s old car. Their parents had already left for the hospital, early in the morning and Ji Eun was still sleeping. She was too tired to go and said that it wouldn’t make a difference whether she was there or not.

Joong Ki drove at full speed and soon they arrived at the hospital.

“Noona, why don’t you go up first, I’ll go park the car”

“Ok. Be careful!” as she stepped out of the car. She took the lift to the 10th floor and walked towards the room. She knocked on the door, and peeped in through the tiny window on the door.

“Come in” the old man said.

“Sajang…ani…Halabeoji” as she bowed. She was surprised that no one else was in the room except for her grandfather and he had a bright smile on his face but he quickly hid it away. “Where is everyone?” she said.

“They went to do something” he said trying to sound grumpy as he packed his stuff. He ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter