Chapter 16: Distracted

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cheon Seong Im/Song Ji Hyo

She kept silent throughout the ride back home. She didn’t realize she had reached her destination until the driver called out to her. When she was home, her parents weren’t even asleep yet and was surprise at her early return. From the expression on her face, her parents knew that something must have happened.

She washed up and laid on her bed, feeling tired from everything that had happened tonight. She heard a knock on her door and her mother opened her door. She had a worried look on her face and walked over to her bed, taking a seat beside her.

“Seong Im, what’s wrong?” she asked, concerned.

“Everything” she said, staring at the ceiling.

“Tell me what happened” and she told everything to her mom.

“You know you can always go back to your family if you want to” her mother said, slightly upset.

“What, NO! You will always be my omma! I’m not leaving you even if you chase me out” as she hugged her mom. A smile returned to her mother’s face and she gave her a peck on her cheek.

“You should try to get along with them at least, they are your family too”

Her father was standing at the door when her mother said that. He must have overheard their conversation. He walked in and sat beside Seong Im and said “Yes, I agree with your omma, at least get to know them” as he her head. She was glad both her parents were so supportive. She looked at both of them and smiled. “I’ll think about it” she said.

“Alright then, go to bed early, you have work tomorrow”

“Neh omma! Saranghae” she said as they left her room.

They turned off the lights on the way out and it reminded her of the dance. She skipped the part about dancing Jong Kook because she felt it would be too much information for her mom. ‘Why did she feel that way towards him and why did she leave?’ she thought. Truthfully, she didn’t know. She felt anxious at that point in time and she just wanted to get out. One thing she knew for sure, she was falling in love with him. ‘Do I want to be with him?’

The only reason why she didn’t want to fall for him was because she felt he was a player and she didn’t want to risk having her heart broken. Still, it has been a long time since she felt that way. ‘Maybe, if I ignored my feelings, maybe then it would go away’. She closed her eyes and started to drift off to sleep.

But love didn’t work that way.

The next few days passed by quickly, however she did receive a couple of nasty looks from the other female employees, but Dong Wook told her to ignore them. He told her they were just jealous. During the past few days, she had lunch with Kwang Soo and Dong Wook as Joong Ki was ‘busy’. Truth is, he probably wanted to give her some space from what had happened on Sunday.

As time passed, she was beginning to accept the truth. She decided to look at the more positive side of things, that she finally had a brother and a sister. It w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter