Chapter 17: Hungry Ji Hyo

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cheon Seong Im/Song Ji Hyo

It was already 7pm and she was only half done with her first report. She had been sitting at the same spot for the last 4 hours, trying to think of ideas but it didn’t come to her. She was too busy thinking about everything else, about Joong Ki, about her family and about Jong Kook. Every time she tried to focus on her task, her mind seem to drift off to something else. To make things worse, she had not eaten anything since lunch time and she was starving.

The last few days, she had thought carefully of how she would handle her current situation. Every night, she would sit down with her parents to talk about it. Her foster parents knew who her real parents were all along and therefore weren’t the least bit surprise when she got the job. She wasn’t mad at them for not telling her the truth. Both of them had encouraged her to try to get to know them better but they would always support her regardless of her decision.

She stared at her computer screen and signed. Truth is, she had already made up her mind a couple of days ago, but she wasn’t sure it was the right choice.

She picked up her phone that was by her side and went to her contacts. She scrolled through them and called Joong Ki. She needed to take the first step.

She was hoping that he wouldn’t pick up.

“Hello? Noona?”

“Yes…it’s me. Joong Ki ah, do you mind meeting me at the lobby in about 10 minutes?”

“Ah… Yes! Of course!”

“Ok… I’ll see you then” and she hanged up.

She finished up her work and went to the lobby. She stood at the entrance for a while, looking around for Joong Ki’s car. She heard someone opening a car door and she looked to that direction. The moment the person stepped out, she immediately recognized him. They both looked at one another and she felt her heartbeat speeding up. ‘Isn’t he sick?’ she thought. She quickly looked to the floor, avoiding his eye contact and tried to calm herself down. It was the first time she had seen him since the dance. She looked back up again, hoping to see him there but he was gone.

Just then, a car drove up in front of her. It took her a few seconds before she realized why she was there. The door to the driver seat opened and Joong Ki walked out.

“Noona.” He said with a smile. He walked to the passenger seat and opened the door for her. When she was inside the car, she could still smell Jong Kook’s cologne, still lingering in the air. How she missed that smell.

“Noona, do you have anywhere you w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter