Chapter 27: It's her birthday!

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cheon Seong Im

August 15

It was her birthday and the day of Jong Kook’s gathering. She woke up to Joong Ki and Ji Eun singing her a birthday song, with a cake in their hands. She was so excited and thankful for their surprise and gave them each a hug. She was returned instead with a cake smack in the face. The three of them then spend the next hour trying to get cake on one another. As she got of the shower, after removing most of the cream off, she walked to her closet. The black box that Jong Kook had given her was still on one of the shelves, untouched, since the day she placed it there. She walked towards it and took off the lid. She looked at the dress and sighed. ‘Should I?’ she thought. She stared at it for a few minutes before closing it again and putting on her comfy clothes.

She walked down to the dining room and both Joong Ki and Ji Eun were seated, waiting for her. She took a seat and said “Good morning.”

“Unnie! Happy Birthday!” as she took out a box from under the table and placed it in front of her.

“Wow! Thank you!” as she unwrapped the present. She took out the lid of the box and it revealed a new handbag.

“Unnie, I saw that your bag is already broken. Here’s a new one and you better use it!”

“Thank you!” as she stretched out her hands to hug her sister.

“Noona! I have a present for you too!” Joong Ki said excitedly.

“What is it?”

“I don’t have it with me now but I know how much you love to eat. So… my present for you is unlimited trips to buffets for the whole year, my treat!”

“Really?!” her face lit up. “Then let’s go now!” as she got up from her seat.

“Ah… Noona… I have plans today, maybe some other day.” He said. He took a quick glance at his watch and said “Ah! I’m running late, Ji Eun, you too right?”

Ji Eun looked to him and as if she had just realized something, she said “Oh yea! Unnie, I need to leave now!”

“Oh! Why are you guys going! It’s my birthday!” she shouted at them but they were already running towards to the door.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” They chorused and left the ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter