Chapter 3: The 'Interview'

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cheon Seong-Im

She thought she was lucky to get into the lift but instead she got stuck with a man that was talking to himself. That was the longest lift ride ever. She quickly rushed out of the lift as soon as the doors opened and took a quick glance at him and he was still staring at her. It really creeped her out.

“Hi, I am here to apply for the position as a marketing executive”

“Sure, fill this up and wait for your turn.” The lady at the counter said, annoyed.

She turned to her right and that was at least 15 people, most of them looked younger than her. ’15 people fighting for one position, what’s my chance?’ She walked towards the waiting area disheartened as she quietly filled in her particulars.

At this moment, a group of middle-age man, walked hurriedly towards the elevator looking troubled. Guessing from the change in expression of the receptionist, they were probably her superiors.

‘When will I ever be like them?’ she thought as she stared at them walking away. All she wanted was a job, is that too much to ask.

Approximately 30 minutes had past, she fidgeted with her fingers and practiced her lines over and over again. The people in the waiting room didn’t seem to reduce, more the opposite as more people started arriving. ‘What 25 for 1 position now?’

“Ding”

“Great. More people.”

But this time, the same group of man appeared from the doors. Looking slightly confused now.

“Hello everyone, I am Mr Yoo and I am the Head of the HR Department, I am sorry to inform you that the position for the marketing executive has been filled. Thank you for your patience” as he bowed slightly to the crowd.

“What a waste of my time.” She started packing up when she felt a tapped on her shoulders.

“Cheon Seong Im ssi” A younger man said.

“Yes”

“My boss would like to speak with you”

“Sure” she said confuse. She took a good look at the guy as he brought her into the office. He looked at least 1.90m tall. He was wearing a tag with his picture on it and she figured it woul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter