Chapter 2: First encounters

Twisted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Cheon Seong-Im

“I am late, I am late”

Seong-Im had a job interview at 10 in the morning and she had just ended her shift at the café. Her job at the cage was only short term and it helped provide her with some income until she got a full time job. After graduating from Yale, she came back to Korea, looking for a job but due to the recession there weren’t many jobs available. Finally, she found a job opening online and applied for it immediately. The position at True North Holdings was her only shot and she could not afford to lose the chance.

She hurriedly put on her formal attire that had brought from home. A long sleeve shirt tucked neatly into an A-line skirt and a blazer over top that she got from the thrift shop. It wasn’t trendy but it was practical. She slipped on her black heels that was made of a really uncomfortable and cheap material that it hurt whenever she took a step. It cost her $15, it would be a miracle if they didn’t hurt. Hopefully she gets the job to buy a new pair of shoes.

After she was finally done changing, she quickly rushed out of the back door of the café. It was difficult enough to walk in heels. Heels and an A-line skirt, not recommended. Somehow, she managed to hail a cab and she hopped right in.

“True North Holdings please, thank you.” She told the driver.

True North Holdings was one of the biggest companies in Korea. Over the years, they had managed to acquire many smaller firms under their name and have help with the expansion of the business. If she managed to get the job in this company, she would not have to worry much about her future because everyone would be more than willing to hire her.

As the taxi pulled up, Seong Im barely had time to receive her change as she dashed towards the company lobby. She could already feel the blisters forming at her ankles. “Damn you shoes.” She muttered.

Seong-Im didn’t have much time to admire the interior of the lobby but she did catch a glimpse of it here and there. The walls were made up of huge grey marble tiles. It was place together so seamlessly that it looked like a single piece of marble. The floors too were marbl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter