I'm Curious

Living With The Bad Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you want Top?" I sigh in exasperation as I turn to him. He has been pestering me for the past 5 minutes - always kicking my chair and laughing with his friends like he was a goddamn comedian.

Childish idiot.

He ignores my question and kicks my chair again.

"Kick my chair again and I'll make you regret the day you were born." I've been working on my threats.

Top tilts his head amusedly and leans forward, suddenly intrigued by my threat. "You will?"

"... Yes." I respond. To be completely honest, I was all talk and no action.

"I think you won't," he responds, before falling back in his chair, "Because you're weak."

I ball my fists and glare at him, "You're picking on a girl because she didn't want to get in your pants and consequently embarrassed you in front of your buddies," I retort, "If anyone is weak here, it would be you."

His friends laugh at that and mock him, and I send him a smug look. He frowns and grumpily turns away from me. "Shut up!" he snaps at them.

After lunch with Biblee and the group, I was far too sad and exasperated to continue on with school. There's nothing that I wanted to do more than curl into my bed and cry. Jiyong still wasn't talking to me and I was far too scared to talk to him myself because he has quite a temper whenever he is confronted by anything that he doesn't want to talk about.

So here I was in class, stuck with TOP constantly pestering me while my Composing teacher lectures us. I was staring up at the clock, waiting eagerly for the small hand to move to the 12 sign so that we can finally leave school.

That wasn't what I was eager for, however. I was eager to investigate more about Jiyong - and hopefully find out why everything has been so strange between he and Bobby lately. I was tired of the secrets and unexplained arguments. Usually I wouldn't mind, but it was clear that this involved me and my business between Jiyong.

Kick kick.

Frustrated, Dara besides me spins around to face Top and glare at him, "I will cut you," she hisses in a quiet voice.

"I'm sure you would," he replies mockingly, unconvinced of her threat.

I place my hand on Dara's shoulder and turn her to face me, "Its okay. Don't waste your time on that childish prick," I assure her, making sure that my voice was loud enough for Top to hear, "He's not even worth it."

Kick,  "Shut the up," he snaps loudly. The whole class turns to him and Ms. Joy looks at him, astonished.

"How dare you talk to me like that!" she exclaims furiously. She points her finger to do the door, "Get out and go straight to the principal's office. Hopefully he will be able to sort out your terrible behavior."

". No, Miss," he replies, "I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to-"

"Out," she insists, "Your behavior lately has been disgusting. First, you fight with and curse at an innocent old lady while you're out in public, and now this?"

"That wasn't me!" he exclaims and I have to cover my laugh with a cough. So the old lady did follow through with complaining to the school. I will have to tell Jiyong about that as soon as he stops ignoring me.

TOP stands up and snatches his bag off the floor, storming out of the classroom. I look at Dara, who is struggling to contain her laughter. I felt bad for feeling such satisfaction and joy in this situation. However, TOP was a complete prick so I didn't feel too bad.

"I think I'm gonna stay with the green dress for prom," Dara notifies me in a whisper after her laughter dies down, "You never told me what you were wearing. You've bought a dress, right?"

I nod my head, "I went shopping with my mom during the holidays. It's red and the end of the dress almost touches my knees!"

"Wow, I can really picture the entire dress with those intricate details," she mutters sarcastically.

"Well I am an aspiring author," I laugh.

"Yeah, I can really tell."

I smile, "I will send you a picture when I get home, okay?"

"Good," she nods firmly, "Now stop distracting me, I'm trying to work!"

A smile tugs at my lips and I shake my head at her with a laugh, "You are unbelievable."

Class ended quickly, much to my happiness. As soon as that bell rung, I was out of my chair and racing through the school corridors in search of Bobby. I wasn't too stressed on the fact that I'd miss my bus home because it was a nice day to walk home. Finally, I spot the handsome brunette. "Hey," I smile when I reach him. I feel like a midget beside him, but I shouldn't be thinking about that right now. It was time for detective Bom to shine.

"Hey Bom.."

"We need to talk."

Hearing the seriousness in my tone, he nods his head and swiftly drags me into the janitor's closet along with him. He closes the door and turns to me. "I am not having an affair with Jiyong, if that's what you're thinking. Seungri is an absolute idiot."

I blink. "That was not the path I was going down, but okay," I laugh, before cutting to the chase. "I know you know why Jiyong has been ignoring me."

"You do?"

"Yeah. So please explain why. I'm sick of not knowing stuff and the curiosity is killing me."

Bobby opens his mouth and hesitates for a moment. Sighing, he turns away from me and pinches the bridge of his nose. When he turns back to me, he speaks. "Look. You and Jiyong are great together, but he isn't good for you and he knows it-"

That's not true! "Wher-"

"He drinks, does drugs, parties, is hot-headed, toys around with girls, and doesn't respect anyone unless he actually cares about them."

"He's not that bad," I immediately jump to Jiyong's defence. He's been absolutely fine lately (excluding the part where he's been ignoring me for the past few days), "You're making him out like he's some kind of monster. He's not that horrible anymore."

"Are you sure about that?" Bobby fires back, "Because as far as I know, he hasn't changed. He's changed towards you, but he's still the same old Jiyong that he was before he met you. He's not nice to many people; he treats other people like . You may not see it, but I do."

That made me fall silent. I know that Jiyong has a temper and that he is rude to almost everyone, but I always looked past that flaw because everything else about him is fine. He is so nice to me and we get along so well. I didn't want to think about the fact that he could still be a bully to other people.

And if he is like that, then why didn't that upset me? He made me feel like dirt when I first met him. How could I support someone who was like that? How could I be okay with that when I used to so strongly care about making people happy? I hold a hand to my temple. This was more difficult than I thought. "Oh no..."

"I think you have a good bond, but a relationship is a lot more than getting along. He'll either change you, hurt you, or both, and I don't want to be a supporter of that, even if it means being hated by Jiyong... Or you."

"That isn't my concern," I shake my head in thought, shrugging off that information easily. I knew Jiyong wasn't that terrible with the partying and the drugs. He isn't as bad as Bobby makes him out to be with all that. The only thing that stressed me was... Could Jiyong still be a big... Meanie? He's always had a temper; like how he snapped at the old lady that day at the beach, how he treats his friends, and how he speaks to teachers... Dammit, why do I need to think of this now? - Right after I confessed to liking him.

"Okay," I exhale slowly, trying to clear my head. I avert my gaze to Bobby, "You might be right about this all, you might be wrong," I counter, "I know you're only looking out for us, but who he dates and who I date is not your business, so please don't try and intervene." This was just getting more difficult for me. Bobby talking Jiyong out of all this made the situation only more complicated.

"I know, but I'm not just gonna support something when I don't agree with it. You guys can do your thing, I'm just telling Jiyong how it is. Unless he changes, he's not right for you."

"What... What has he said of all this?" I ask, my curiosity getting the better of me. Does he consider me as a friend? a best friend? Does he want to be more than that with me?

"He knows that he's not good for you, which is why he's been ignoring you since you called-"

My eyes widen. Oh goodness. "You knew about that?"

"Yeah," he nods with a laugh, "He was really excited. He's just torn on what to do."

For the first time in the past few days, I feel an overwhelming sense of happiness. A gigantic smile forms on my face and my eyes water a little from relief and happiness. He was excited! That means he likes me... Right? Oh my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter