Other Girl

Living With The Bad Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Okay, so I bought the pink dress originally for prom, but yesterday I saw this really nice red dress at the shops and I don't know which one to choose anymore," Dara sighs, lifting up her phone to show me the two dresses as I fish out my text books from my locker.

"They both look lovely. Pink is definitely the color for you, but I like the shape and texture of the red dress," I comment, my eyes flickering from Jiyong and over to Dara's phone.

"That's what I thought, too," Dara huffs, locking her phone and sliding it back into her pocket. She follows my gaze and audibly gasps when she realize what had been taking half my attention when discussing prom dresses. "How dare he?"

Down the hall, Jiyong was chatting and laughing with Lee Sungkyung a.k.a Biblee, who was leaning against his locker. She was the nice girl I met at Teddy's party the other week. Dara glares at Jiyong as if it were a crime to talk to a girl.

"Chill, Dara. He's just talking to her."

Today is Monday; two days since I called Jiyong and confessed my feelings towards him, and two days since Jiyong went completely missionary. He didn't call or text me the whole weekend after I admitted my feelings to him - and not even now at school has he made an attempt to talk to me.

"But it's Monday. He hasn't tried to contact you in almost three days after you confessed to him - and now he's talking to her!" she exclaims frustratedly, before sighing at my sad look, "Don't worry. She's got nothing on you. You and Jiyong have history - and a great bond."

Just as she says that, Biblee and Jiyong crack into laughter at something what she said. They seem like they have a pretty good bond. I try not to be irrational and get jealous over something so small. "They're just talking. Besides, he can date her if he wants because it's not as though he's obliged to like me. He's not committing a crime by talking or flirting with another girl."

"But aren't you annoyed that he hasn't talked to you all weekend or made an attempt to talk to you today?"

"Hell yeah!" I nod.

"Then confront him!" she exclaims just as the school bell rings, indicating that class has started.

"Hell no," I laugh nervously. I don't even want to imagine what he has to say to me because it most likely isn't nice.

▲ ▲ ▲

"Today, class, we are going to be working in pairs for a class activity. I want you to get to know the other students in your grade and learn how to communicate and work with strangers, which is why I have randomly selected the partners," Mr. Hyuk eyes the class, particularly Jiyong and Hanbin, who were sat at the back of the class. Biblee was sat a mere few seats away from Jiyong; which was different to her usual spot situated closer to the front of the class.

"You are to work together finishing pages 137-141, and then do the big activity on page 142, which will require the information you've found from the other pages. You will have the entire lesson to work on it.

"So, without further ado, the partners go as follows..." And so the pairing began. I was secretly hoping I'd be paired with Jiyong so I could talk to him and settle things between us, but no, of course Jiyong would be paired with, of all 30 students, Biblee.

"Lee Chaerin and Park Bom."

And just when I thought I couldn't get any luckier, I'm paired with the girl who once vowed to ruin me.

Chaerin's hand shoots up as soon as my name is spoken, "Saem, may I please go with someone else? Preferably someone who isn't despicable or irritating," she mutters the last part so that Mr. Hyuk couldn't hear her.

"No," Mr. Hyuk grunts, before returning to pairing up the classmates.

"I don't want to go with that ," Chaerin whines to her friend quietly, who laughs, as she stands up and gathers her textbook and papers.

"The feeling's mutual," I smile sarcastically.

"ing !"

"Will you shut up Chae? You're the here," Jiyong scowls at her.

"Hurry up, Lee Chaerin-ssi," Mr. Hyuk urges her as she slowly packs up her stuff. He clearly heard her comment about me but chose to ignore it.

"I'm going, I'm going!" she exclaims, frustrated.

He averts his attention to Jiyong, "And I don't want any problems from you Mr. Kwon."

"What? Chaerin was being rude," he shrugs, "You don't do when a student needs help, so someone has to."

Mr. Hyuk just ignores Jiyong's remark, and continues on pairing the students.

Chaerin sighs audibly before she begrudgingly slugs over to my desk. She drops her books onto my desk, resulting in a loud bang to echo through the room, and then scrapes the chair across the floor and falls into the seat.

Ignoring her rude behavior, I glance in Jiyong and Biblee's direction, my heart breaking when I see them laughing with each other. I just wish he would talk to me.

Chaerin follows my gaze and a smirk quickly forms on her face. "Oh. Would you look at that? Looks like Jiyong has gotten bored of you, hasn't he?"

I don't bother responding to her taunting and turn away from the pair. I flick through the history textbook to page 137. "How about we split the work? I'll do page 137-139, and you do 140-141, and then on the final big task, we can do it together," I give her a smile and she glares at me for a long second before rolling her eyes.

"Geez..," she mutters, turning away from me and averting her attention to her textbook. She bites her pencil and begins flicking through her textbook.

I sigh and turn to my own textbook, beginning my work. I was unsure on whether she would do her work, but when I see her head ducked down and her pencil scribbling down on the worksheet, I'm given my answer.

We do our work silently, and about fifteen minutes later, Chaerin puts her pencil down and leans back in her chair. I raise my eyebrows in surprise. "You finished?"

She shrugs her shoulders. "What?" she asks with a slight scowl, "I'm smart."

"I'm just surprised. No one is close to finishing. You're a very quick worker," I shrug, turning back to do my work.

"I know," she responds, seemingly interested in conversation now as she sits up in her chair, "I have to take school seriously if I want to get Major in Berklee Collage Of Music."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter