It Isn't Goodbye

Living With The Bad Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tonight, I learn something.

Jiyong, despite being an indestructible and invincible bad boy, could not bowl to save his life. It was a little cute, I must admit. He appeared and acted so confident in himself and then he would go to bowl and couldn't knock a single pin down.

That being said, I wasn't much better than him. We were a pair of pathetic bowlers, ridiculed by a group of twelve year olds who were in the alley beside us. Our dignity had been rubbed in the dirt, and Jiyong just couldn't let that be.

Which is why we are here, in the arcade room.

"I will show them," Jiyong mutters to himself determinedly as he clutches the basketball in his hands. His mission to reattain his ego would be accomplished by gaining 1000 arcade tickets.

Something told me we were going to be here for quite a while.

I lean against the mini basketball arcade game and watch Blake with amusement dancing in my eyes, "Has your life really come to this? Spending a whole heap of cash just so that you can fulfill your quest in gaining back your ego that was dented by a bunch of twelve year olds?"

Jiyong looks at me, "Well when you put it that way..."

"You are Kwon Jiyong."

"Too right."

"Nothing will stand in your way."

"Mhm."

"Not even a bunch of twelve year old boys."

"Yeah!" he agrees, before turning back to the basketball machine, "But let me just play this game. I want to win something tonight."

"You've spent like 20 dollars already on these and all you will be able to get is a key chain."

"Shut up," he replies, before ing the mini basketball into the air.

It doesn't even go near the hoop.

He groans, "I am failing at life."

"It's just an arcade game."

"And I at bowling, too. I can't do anything right," he sighs hopelessly. Clearly he doesn't take failure too well - he probably isn't used to it. Then, his eyes light up with a mischievous glint which has me very worried, "For 1 minute, can you stop being a good girl?"

"I dunno, it sounds hard."

"Can you be my look-out? Make sure no one is watching?"

"Okay, what are you doing?" I sigh. Jiyong climbs over the arcade barrier and grabs the left over basketballs.

"What I'm doing is something highly un-allowed and will get me kicked out of here if I get caught, so I need you to be on the look-out for any staff, can you do that?"

"Definitely," I assure him. Jiyong turns back to the basketball net and drops each ball into the hoop one-by-one. I see a staff member walking nearby, "Hey," I call out to the boy, "Is he allowed to do that?" I my thumb in Jiyong's direction.

The boy's eyes immediately darken, "Hey!" he calls, storming over to us, "Get out of there, punk!"

"Yeah, that's right," I echo amusedly, "Get out of there, punk."

Jiyong quickly jumps out of the barrier, "You little ," he declares breathlessly, before snatching his 'earned' tickets from the machine and sprinting off. I laugh and chase after him.

When we are out of sight from the boy, Jiyong takes a seat on a bench and begins to count his tickets.

"75!" he declares when he's finished.

"Wow," I reply even though I didn't really care too much.

"These tickets can definitely get us a key-ring or silly bands."

"How exciting."

Jiyong stands up and attains his prize before running back to me. He presents to me a globe key ring, "Ta-da! It's a globe key ring!"

I begin to laugh - and I mean full-on, knee-slapping, stomach-clutching laughter. Jiyong's been awfully adorable tonight and it has been so nice to see the childish side of him as opposed to the harsh, guarded Jiyong that usually dominates his personality.

He seems to realize the whole reason why I'm laughing and his cheeks redden in embarrassment, "Yeah yeah," he scowls, "Laugh it up, but answer this - who's the real winner of tonight?"

I shrug carelessly.

"Well who won a globe key ring?"

"You."

"There's your answer," he s his thumb at his chest, "I'm the winner."

"Okay," I chuckle, and we make our way out of the bowling centre - not before thanking Pierre, of course. "Thank you, Jiyong for taking me here," I smile, "It was nice to just forget about the incident at the party."

"It's okay. I actually had fun - and I'm surprised you had fun, too. I thought you'd get all whiny and ."

"It's good to know you have a lot of faith in me."

The two of us walk over to Jiyong’s motorbike and he turns to face me. "Most of the girls I've met hate doing anything fun," he states, "Besides - and that can get boring when you do it too much," he adds.

"I always think about that," I remark.

"About what? Having with me?" he teases.

I chuckle and hit him playfully, "No!"

"Aww, come on. Don't be shy. I sometimes think about you," he replies; nudging me back.

My eyes widen to the size of golfballs and I stare at him in utter shock. "Y-you but I... What!"

It is then that Jiyong cracks up into a fit of laughter, tears b his eyes as he laughs hysterically. I just sit there, pouting at him. "I was joking, you gullible idiot!" he manages to splutter, "You should've seen y-your face!"

"Oh shut up, would you?" I reply, but I was smiling.

He then looks at me and wriggles his eyebrows, "Or maybe I wasn't joking."

I hit him again with a scoff and shake my head, "What I was going to say, was that I always wonder about some girls - How they don't like to go out and do stuff like this. I couldn't imagine not doing this. It's way too fun!"

"I know, right?" he agrees, "One time, I took this girl on a date to go ice skating. Do you know what happened?"

"Oh no," I gasp dramatically, "No way!"

"Mhm," he confirms.

"You broke a nail?"

He rolls his eyes and mutters a colorful word before answering his question, "No. When we first got onto the ice rink the girl tripped over... She cried, Bom! ing ."

"That's not nice! She might have broken a leg or something," I tut at his annoyed remark.

He deadpans me. "Bom, she hadn't even let go of the ice rink barrier yet, so I doubt she could have broken a leg from that." My mouth forms an 'o' shape and he nods, "Exactly. And you know why she was crying?"

"Why?"

"She was crying because she scraped her hand. SHE SCRAPED HER ING HAND!"

"How old was this girl?" I question. If she was 10, I'd understand. But if she was-

"15."

I don't understand.

"Wow."

"Indeed."

"I mean, wow."

"That's what I thought."

"W-"

"Shut up, Bom."

"-ow" I finish, and he rolls his eyes at my childishness.

"Anyway, from then on, I just stopped bothering with dates and started having . Girls are no fun."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter