There's Always A Time

Living With The Bad Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Can you pass me the milk?"

I glance over at Jiyong as he sits smugly across from me pouring Cheerios into his bowl.

I nod my head and hand it over to him before realize that I am meant to be mean to him and stupidly moving the milk back into it's original position.

I tilt my chin upwards and give him a look as if to say 'take that'.

"The milk is closer to you than it is to me, can't you get it?" I query, smirking smugly to myself.

Standing up to Jiyong felt better than I thought it would, even if it is only over my refusal of handing him the milk.

Jiyong rolls his eyes amusedly and takes the milk before pouring it into his bowl. He digs into his cereal, eyes darting over to me every once in a while. When he finishes, he enters the kitchen with his bowl in hand, and then returns to the dining room seconds later without the bowl, "Do you want a ride?"

His demeanour has changed dramatically since last night, and that confused me. How Kwon Jiyong's mind works will forever be a mystery to me.

"Unless I want the whole school thinking I'm your booty-call, I'd rather not."

he frowns, his eyebrows scrunching up in both annoyance and confusion, "What's got your in a twist this morning?"

"Gee, I wonder."

Jiyong groans, "You're still upset about the one night stand thing?" he rolls his eyes at me like I was the unreasonable one, "No one believed it, so just get over it."

"You think it's about that, do you?" When Jiyong doesn't reply, I continue, "Actually, I am treating you like this because I've absolutely had it with you," I snap. "You have treated me like crap for the past few days and I'm absolutely sick of it. I haven't done anything to you and I've been nothing but nice, yet you say and do things that make me feel horrible! Are you not aware of how much your words and actions can hurt? I have feelings, Ji. I am a human. It's about time you start treating me like one."

Jiyong frowns at me and steps towards me, a scowl forming on his lips. "Anyone who knows me that I do not tolerate anyone's sass, so if you knew what was best for you, you'd keep your pretty little mouth shut."

He said my mouth is pretty...

No. Get yourself together, Bom!

"Yeah? And what are you gonna do? Tease me? Insult me? Humiliate me? Dye my hair red?" I glare, "You already treat me like crap, so do us both a favor and leave me alone. Isn't that what you always wanted? For me to stay out of your life? Well there you go, I'm out. I'm sick of this."

Jiyong stares at me for a moment before his expression morphs into fury and he steps forward, "I'm the one who gets to choose whether I leave you alone or not, so don't even try to tell me what to do."

This boy has anger issues. Holy-moly.

"Oh my god, you are despicable! Are you hearing yourself right now?" 

Jiyong takes another step towards me. He was now only centimeters away from me, looking down at me and trying to make me feel threatened and intimidated. It worked.

"Do I need to remind you who you're dealing with?" he threatens, a sadistic mischief glinting in his eyes.

Stay calm, Bom. This was just him trying to intimidate you. His bark is a lot worse than his bite.

"You're angry at me? After everything that you've done to me, you're angry at me... Wow," I let out an incredulous laugh before averting my gaze to him and narrowing my eyes, "Don't dish out what you can't take, Ji."

Jiyong lets out a low, guttural growl and opens his mouth to reply, but is cut off by Jiyong's mom voice.

"What's going on?"

Jiyong steps away from me and looks at his mom, "Nothing," he mutters, sending me a final glare before leaving the room.

His mom frowns, "Was Jiyong being mean?"

I force a laugh, "Mean? Nah, we were just having a staring competition." I cringe at my excuse. That is the worst lie in the history of lies, "He lost the game so he's a little upset. I'm just gonna let him cool off," I awkwardly wave at Jiyong's retreating figure, "We'll have round two later, okay? See ya later, buddy."

" you," he growls in response.

"See? Perfectly fine."

▲ ▲ ▲

I take my composing book out of my locker and stack it on my other textbooks I hold to my chest.

"I can't wait for prom," Dara grins and I smile. Prom was next term and everyone was buzzing with excitement now that the prom committee has stuck posters about it around the school.

"Me neither," I agree, shutting my locker, "Do you know who's running for prom yet?"

"They h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter