Kill Her With Kindness

Living With The Bad Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"When will be the class over?" Dara groans, dropping her head on our lunch table. "You know, I stayed up till 12 last night to work on 4 assessments that are due next week! I don't think I can live like this. Someone please take me on a vacation."

I smile empathetically at her; knowing exactly where she was coming from. Yesterday, as soon as I arrived home, I was working for hours on end. The teachers had been dumping a lot of homework and assignments on us lately. "I know it's hard, but in 2 weeks, we'll have no assessments or exams to worry about and it'll be easy-breezy."

Dara lifts her head from the table and eyes me for a moment before speaking, "How the hell do you do that?"

"Do what?"

"You know; Be all positive and . You must be the only student in our year who is coping with all this work like it's as simple as kindergarten homework."

I just shrug.

Dara thinks for a moment before sighing, "You're just a really positive person," She takes a bite of her sandwich before continuing, "God, you'd think by now some of that positivity would rub off on me."

"You just need to think happy thoughts and focus on the good, I dunno," I shrug and squeeze her shoulder comfortingly, "Enjoy the little things and try not to let the bad things consume your thoughts."

"Okay, Dr. Phil," she rolls her eyes.

"Excuse me," A voice calls from behind, I turn around, surprised to find Lee Chaerin, Minzy and Jisoo standing behind me.

In case you didn't know, those three girls are our school's queen-bees; Chaerin leading the girls. They're feisty, gorgeous and fashion-divas. Every guy wants them, and every girl wants to be them.

"Hello?" I smile unsurely. Why were they talking to me? - I've never talked to any of them in my life.

"So you and Jiyong, huh?" she asks, brushing her long, blonde hair over her shoulder.

"Huh?" I query stupidly, deciding to just play dumb.

She scoffs and rolls her eyes before averting her hard gaze to me, "Don't try and pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. The whole school knows you've been  around with him."

Why is she so mean? I feel a little bad for her if she has such a negative outlook on life. I wonder what has caused her to act this way. Maybe I can help-

"Excuse you?" Dara sneers, "In case you haven't noticed, the only people ' around' here, are you and your two barbie doll friends, so back off."

Chaerin shoots daggers at Dara. "Watch what you're saying, petite girl. I can make your life a living hell and you know it," Chaerin snarls.

"Hey, don't talk to her like that!" I say, bringing Chaerin's attention over to me.

She laughs a bitter laugh, "Yeah? What are you gonna do about it? Kill me with kindness?"

Minzy and Jisoo chuckle with laughter at Chaerin's joke. I clear my throat and speak up. "Look, I know you think I've been sleeping around with Jiyong, but it's not true; Just a huge misunderstanding-" Yeah, he lied to pretty much the whole school, I think bitterly, "He just gave me a ride to school because I'm staying at his house for the next few weeks."

Chaerin's silent for a moment, eyes scanning over me, as if searching for any hint of a lie on my face, "Okay." She finally says.

Maybe I can try to make a conversation with her. My mind rushes to find a conversati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter